games.on.net Terms and Conditions
Last modified: 26 November 2013
The games.on.net website (“Site”) and all games, applications, forums and other services provided via the Site (collectively the “Services”) are free services provided by iiNet Ltd and its related companies (“iiNet Group”, “we”, “our” or “us”). By using the Services, you agree to these terms and conditions (“Terms”). If you do not agree, you should not use the Services.
1. Changes to the Services or these Terms
We reserve the right to change the content of the Services and/or change these Terms at any time. If we change these Terms, we will update the “Last modified” date above. Any changes will take effect as soon as the new Terms are posted. You should check these Terms often to ensure you are aware of changes. By continuing to use the Services you accept the new Terms.
2. Your Account … Your responsibility
Before using the Services, you are required to register an account. You are responsible for protecting your password and username and for any actions taken on your account, even if someone else uses your account with or without your knowledge.
3. Ownership of IP
Everything appearing on the Site, including all Site software, design, text, images, photos, audio and video material, databases, applications, trademarks etc. (“Material”), is owned or licensed by the iiNet Group.
Except where necessary for viewing the Material on your browser, or as permitted by law, you must not upload any part of the Material to a third party or link to, frame, reproduce, adapt, distribute or transmit the Material in any form without our written consent. Please contact us if you would like to place a link to any part of this Site.
We take the protection of copyright, (both our own and others), seriously. If you believe that any part of the Site infringes copyright in your work, please follow the procedures at the following link: inet.net.au/about/legal/about-copyright/claimed-infringement-of-copyright.html
4. Links to third party websites
This Site may contain links to other websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). Those Third Party Websites are not under our control, and we do not endorse or accept responsibility for any material on, or linked to or from Third Party Websites.
5. Software downloads
Any software that is available to download through links from this Site is a third party product unless otherwise indicated. Your use of that software may be subject to a licence agreement between you and the software owner. To the extent permitted by law, we do not accept liability for, or give any warranty or endorsement regarding such third party software. If you have any feedback or suggestions concerning this software, please contact us.
6. User Content and Conduct
The Services include online forums and opportunities for you to post writings, photos, graphics or other material (‘User Content”). By posting User Content, you grant us the right and license to use, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute and display the User Content in any manner and for any purpose.
In posting User Content, and in using the Site generally, you agree not to:
- break the law or infringe anyone’s intellectual property rights or privacy rights;
- post, or create links to, offensive, abusive, defamatory, threatening, unlawful, hateful, racist or sexually-oriented material;
- post any abusive or derogatory comments about us, or which reflect negatively on us, our goodwill, name or reputation;
- post personal information about another person without that person’s consent;
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted, “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
- impersonate others or misrepresent your identity (other than by use of a permitted alias or handle);
- use the Site for commercial or business purposes or post any advertising or links to advertising on the Site unless you have our written permission to do so;
- send unsolicited mass mail-outs (spam);
- post content that contains viruses, worms or similar software or do anything which could lead to the hijacking of the computers of other users of the Site; or
- engage in any activity that in any way disrupts, limits, or destroys any events, tournaments, point generation, software, hardware, servers, networks or other equipment.
We have the right, but not the responsibility, to monitor, edit or remove User Content that we believe to be harmful, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms, without liability to you.
You understand that you may be exposed to User Content that is indecent, explicit, offensive or otherwise breaches these Terms. You agree to take reasonable steps to avoid such content (for example, by leaving the forum in question). You may also bring such User Content to our attention via the “Contact Us” section on the Site. We may take any action, or refrain from taking action, in our absolute discretion.
To the extent matters are not covered here, you agree to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”), which can be found at: http://www.iinet.net.au/about/legal/cra/
7. Game Play Rules of Conduct
The majority of games on our Site have a specific rule set developed by both the community and our Site administration officers (“Admin”). These rules can be found as an “announcement” in the games’ respective forum.
You will find a baseline set of rules that should be adhered to for all games at: Rules | games.on.net (“Rules”). In summary:
- You must comply with all requests by any Admin.
- You must not cheat (which includes hacks), create links to cheats, or post cheat instructions whilst using any part of the Site.
- We reserve the right to terminate the session of any person who is playing any game in an un-sporting manner. Specifically, but not exclusively, we will target:
- any “clan” or “team stacking” type activity where single social players are targeted by groups of other players;
- using any hacks which give you an unfair advantage over other players; or
- microphone or text spamming.
- A player considered part of a game involving “clan” or “team stacking” type activity may also be required by an Admin to switch teams.
Serious breaches of the Rules may result in you being banned for periods ranging from 2 weeks to 12 months, or permanently. If you have been banned you may submit an appeal via the “Contact Us” section on the Site. The result of any ban appeal will be final and at the sole discretion of Admins.
If, at the point of registration, you do not consent to receive Direct Marketing communications from us, you will not be permitted to access the Services.
We do not guarantee that this Site or Third Party Websites will be free from viruses, or that access to this Site or Third Party Websites will be uninterrupted. You are responsible for backing up any data you upload or transmit via the Site. You agree to report any faults directly to us (via the “Contact Us” section on the Site) and not to an iiNet Group company.
10.Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge that we provide the Services to you for free. As such, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability to you for any loss you may suffer which is in any way connected with your use of, or access to, the Site.
Our liability for a breach of a consumer guarantee or any other condition or warranty implied or imposed by law, which cannot be excluded, is limited to the maximum extent allowable under the relevant law.
You agree to indemnify (pay) us for any loss we suffer or costs we incur as a result of your use of the Site and/or any breach of these Terms by you.
These Terms are governed by the Laws of Australia.
If a provision of these Terms is void, voidable or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, it will be severed and the remainder of these Terms will not be affected.
Our rights under these Terms may only be waived in writing signed by us.