Rumour - Knights Of The Old Republic Movie

Forum for the discussions of all things media related

Rumour - Knights Of The Old Republic Movie

Unread postby Nemesis_22 » 23 Feb 13, 9:35 pm

The rumor. Drew Karpyshyn - the man that created the scenario and much of the dialogue in the STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. He also worked on JADE EMPIRE and STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC. Along with writing MASS EFFECT and MASS EFFECT 2. Well he left BIOWARE back in February of last year to work on "screenwriting" and it seems that BIOWARE is a hot bed of rumor regarding the notion that Drew Karpyshyn is working up a screenplay for a film version of KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. Is this true?

Got this from a website I frequent, Aint It Cool News. If this is true, then holy ****. I can't think of a writer I'd rather have doing the script writing for a Star Wars film. That's a very, very strong resume for writing good material, as he seems to have been responsible for much of the best work Bioware has done.

I hope its true. What about you guys?
Nemesis_22

NWN DM

Re: Rumour - Knights Of The Old Republic Movie

Unread postby psychofruiterer » 23 Feb 13, 10:09 pm

i could write a screenplay for it, doesn't mean it would ever get made....
psychofruiterer

Padawan

Unread postby Nemesis_22 » 23 Feb 13, 10:13 pm

True - but he has a lot of cred already in place. If he leaves a high paying job at a company to write screenplays, he must have a high paying job lined up elsewhere, too. Stands to reason.
Nemesis_22

NWN DM

Unread postby Agent_Dark » 23 Feb 13, 10:17 pm

He also wrote the Revan novel, which seems to be almost universally panned amongst fans (I've never read it).

As for a KOTOR movie... to be honest, the only thing that made KotOR's story standout was the surprise reveal 2/3's of the way through. Considering we're all 'spoiled' by what is essentially the hinge on the entire story rests, I wonder how well they could pull it off? Sure, the general audience 'doesn't know' but you can probably bet that if KotOR becomes one of Disney's new Star Wars movies then spoilers about it would be plastered all over the internet.

What is the GoonBandito?
Agent_Dark

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Return to Movies, TV, Books and Music