Why is Battle.net charging me in SGD?

Why is Battle.net charging me in SGD?

Unread postby Mugsy » 21 Feb 13, 9:24 pm

I've trying to upgrade my copy of Starcraft 2 to HOTS using my US Bliz Bucks and battle.net is trying to charge me in SGD???? Not even AUD but SGD. I use to be able to set my client to NA and I'd be able to pay in USD:

viewtopic.php?f=213&t=197396

But all the options to do this seems to be gone now. Have I missed something?
Mugsy

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Re: Why is Battle.net charging me in SGD?

Unread postby Makena » 21 Feb 13, 9:35 pm

Possibly an issue due to every copy of the game having Global Play now, might have to email/call the billing support unfortunately.
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby Linxus » 21 Feb 13, 9:36 pm

I seem to remember something about making it all one version of the game but then being able to select which region to play in form wihtin the game itself?

Im certainly only seeing the global edition when I log into account management, but its only attempting to charge me in AUD to buy it. Not sure how its picking up on the SGD (Singapore dollar?) as the only currencies I can choose apart form AUD are USD and southern american currencies.
Linxus

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mugsy » 22 Feb 13, 10:02 am

Tried changing regions in the game but no avail.

Even logged out of B.net and logged back in to be sure.

Lodged a ticket with Battle.net. This is probably the silliest support request I've ever had to lodge... made it clear that I do not reside in Singapore nor did I buy a Singapore version of the game.
Mugsy

Unread postby Mugsy » 22 Feb 13, 3:18 pm

Oh my freaking god! Blizzard's reply simply just stated that I had an SEA license instead of one from the Americas... no where did they even consider the fact that I'm in Australia with a licensed purchased from a retail AU store, not Singapore, and could probably do with changing the currency. Would prefer to change the currency as AUD$39.95 is still cheaper than SGD$49.95+ CC currency conversion fee.

On the other hand, I'm in no rush to play HOTS... just wanted to use up some Bliz bucks on something worthwhile rather than let it sit there. I'm only after the campaign. I'll probably wait for retail to drop in price.
Mugsy

Unread postby Mugsy » 23 Feb 13, 10:49 pm

OK, it bugged me that I wasn't being charged in AUD so I lodged another ticket enquiring into this. Got a reply stating that pre-sales doesn't take battle.net balance but once the game is released, I should be able to use my balance to make the purchase. Guess we'll see come 12th March.
Mugsy

Return to StarCraft 2