Crysis 3 Multiplayer

Re: Crysis 3 Multiplayer

Unread postby sErBz » 5 Mar 13, 6:14 pm

Thanks for your thoughts Brimlad, I guess I'll give it a try :)

Hey Cos, how have you been my friend? I'm just about to hit the buy button and DL it if you can tell me the MP is worth it. I'm not expecting it to be anywhere near the quality of C1 and CW but decent at least lol. We could have a game tonight :)
sErBz

Player

Unread postby PalZer0 » 6 Mar 13, 5:01 pm

Seems the ingame friends list is not linked to your Origin friends list. If anyone can prove otherwise that would be great.
DRM is like kids. The less you have, the better.

Twitter | Facebook | Steam | Xfire | Raptr
3DS Friend Code: 5386-8114-8658
PalZer0

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby brimlad » 7 Mar 13, 6:29 am

PalZer0 wrote:Seems the ingame friends list is not linked to your Origin friends list. If anyone can prove otherwise that would be great.
that's one of the problems with Origin you essentially have separate friends lists for all your games on Origin; something EA needs to change.
(i7 930@3.6 x58ud7 24gbhyperx 7970x2 S27a950d)ClanPwRPlaY
brimlad

Game Admin

Unread postby PalZer0 » 7 Mar 13, 12:21 pm

brimlad wrote:
PalZer0 wrote:Seems the ingame friends list is not linked to your Origin friends list. If anyone can prove otherwise that would be great.
that's one of the problems with Origin you essentially have separate friends lists for all your games on Origin; something EA needs to change.

Admittedly, that was rectified in BF3 and now your Battlelog friends list and Origin friends list are the same. They need to do the same thing with Crysis 3 quickly.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

PalZer0

Unread postby brimlad » 7 Mar 13, 4:04 pm

thanks PalZer0, I haven't played BF3 in a very long time and just checking Origin my fifa12 has also got all my Origin friends loaded in, though the friends list in fifa12 is buried under a few menus lol.
I'd imagine C3 will hook up soon then, though that should have been done at launch.
brimlad

Game Admin

Unread postby sErBz » 7 Mar 13, 4:20 pm

Could I find a server list for C3 anywhere?
sErBz

Player

Unread postby brimlad » 7 Mar 13, 4:26 pm

if you want to jump on a GoN server just filter by games.on.net, we have 25 servers atm and the first 5 have a 200 ping limit.
brimlad

Game Admin

Unread postby sErBz » 8 Mar 13, 5:53 pm

tried filtering like that, didn't help me :(
sErBz

Player

Unread postby brimlad » 9 Mar 13, 7:50 am

I just restarted all the servers, let me know if you still have issues finding them.
brimlad

Game Admin

Unread postby brimlad » 10 Mar 13, 5:41 pm

seems the servers need to be updated to the latest patch, they should auto update; a service request has been placed so hopefully tomorrow we'll see the servers in the browser. and thanks to incep7ion for letting me know today.
brimlad

Game Admin

Unread postby tboost007 » 12 Apr 13, 9:39 pm

Hey guys n girls

This one is partly for moderators/Sever Admins and some others.. you will know who you are.

Firstly I am not overly impressed with any of the games.on.net C3 servers. They lag, seem to only play DM and TDM, there are no dedicated Objective based servers, disconnection is always an issue, bandwith seems poor and there is no info at all for server name, plus the IP and port. I am in the process of testing servers to see if they are where they say they are, and how many times they are re-routed before they get to me. This is done by performing a trace route and ping test. I need to compare my real time result to what I seen displayed in game so I can send it to crytek. Plently of people complain, but no one does anything about it. I live in Adelaide, and I have played on "Adelaide" based servers, and these seem to be the worst in the world. I have done numerous tests with Internode Tech guys, and my line and connection is the best you can get, so there is absolutely no issue there.

What ever ping limit you have on these servers doesn't work. I had some guys a few days ago and their ping was peaking at 999.. now that's stupidly high. I have played a lot and on servers from all over the world. And in my experience a ping limit of 400 is the max you can do without ruining the game. Cryteks ping compensator doesn't work when ping is more than 400. On AU servers my ping is usually around 50-70, I could make it a lot less, but when I play on overseas servers its too badly affected. I only play at night, and there are never enough AU players to justify a 100 ping limit. But you could have some dedicated ones for during normal hours. I have read through all the server Docs from crytek, and you also need to disable the vote kick system because its getting abused all the time, and rarely used for hackers. Only sore loosers, who don't like it when me or my squad destroys them. Do not disable squads on all servers either. Leave some open for squad games. Some servers overseas have already done this and its not fair. It makes it impossible to have private squad/clan matches.

Now... For those complaining about Asian players using AU servers.. Take your racist ignorant arses back to your game room and shut up. "Multiplayer" means you can play against others from around the world.. that is the whole point. And most of my C3 friends are from Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, and they are all seriously good players. Some in the top 50 in the world, and 2 in the top 10 players in the world. Crytek has improved the ping adjustment algorithm in the game after patch 1.3, and there was meant to be a server patch too for this. Since the latest patch its improved a lot, so you cannot complain anymore about Asian players. By your stupid logic, NZ players would not be allowed either.

Nearly all the Asian players I play with and against have ping of less than 300, so there is no reason at all that they cant play here. Also you have to realise that there are less than 4 servers to cover ALL of ASIA, including India. The first Chinese server only came online recently too. They are good people, and good players, and if you die a lot its because you are not good enough, not because of ping. Whenever we play on USA, French, german or UK servers, our ping is very similar.. usually around 250 which is fine.

Ok.. got it out of my system now. This is not a rage, just a stern complaint. If you need video evidence for anything, I record and review every game.
tboost007

n00bie

Unread postby Wounded » 15 Apr 13, 3:14 pm

Seems pretty serious.

What was the request??
Wounded

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby brimlad » 19 Apr 13, 8:03 am

tboost007, if there is a particular server configuration you would like to see on a crysis 3 server then please post something specific and I'll consider that. Currently servers 1 through 5 have a ping limit of 200, the other 20 servers are default configuration due to the lack of specific requests from the community.
brimlad

Game Admin

Unread postby tboost007 » 20 Apr 13, 10:23 pm

Hey Brimlad..

None of the 200ping limited servers work... time and time again I play with and against guys with 400+ ping. Whatever script your using isn't working. And its getting worse. Like I said before. 400 ping is too high. 300 limit would be best, but 350 is just ok. I just came from a game on one of your servers and it was just ridiculous. I mean since when does pistol beat HMG at point blank range??

I only play in the evening, and most of the time my friends from asia will play with me. Chinese, malay, thai, Singapore etc all have around 200-250ping on AU servers and that's fine. I am very often the only AUS player too, so my ping is 50-80, and everyone else is a lot higher.. often +200 over mine. NZ players also play on AUS servers too, and their ping is usually the same as mine. When I play with my friends on overseas servers, we usually have the same ping, around 200-250.

This game as a ping compensation algorithm built in, but its limited to a variation of about 250. My advice is that you limit the ping on all your crisis 3 servers to 300-350. I get better ping variation on USA, EU, AisaMY/SG and UK than I get here on any AUS server. One of the biggest problems is Russian players, their ping is usually 450 -700, and sometimes as high as 999. The game is unplayable when pings are like this.

One more thing, I'd like you to send me the IP and Port for all your crisis 3 servers, so I can run a trace route and ping test on them. The more times servers are redirected the worse they get, unless you can 100% guarantee they are not redirected. Otherwise I will take it up with Internode themselves.

You don't have any facility here for uploading pics, so if you want to see how bad it is, PM me and I will send pics, and youtube links for video evidence.

One more important thing too. Lag is a major problem, especially as soon as you fire your weapon. People also start teleporting and its horrible. My laptop is more than capable of playing C3 and my internet connection is as good as you can get. The game lags really badly on spawn, and respawn and as soon as you fire your weapon, so you can imagine how bad it gets when in heavy fire fights.

Thanks
Scot
tboost007

n00bie

Unread postby PalZer0 » 26 Apr 13, 11:49 am

You can upload pics to any number of image hosting sites and use the [img] tag to share the image. Most image hosting sites will give you the appropriate BBcode for this purpose after the image is successfully uploaded.

EDIT: Youtube can also be embedded here. Use the [youtube] code for that.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

PalZer0

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis