SMK Animations Pack

SMK Animations Pack

Unread postby Kenex05 » 20 Feb 13, 11:47 pm

I'm sure most of you know this mod exists, but I recently downloaded and tried it.
Result is quite mind-blowing to me, I've had so much fun doing some cool poses which some of them can be quite useful in CQB.
Despite some buggy movements, I quite like the new tactical paces especially for the pistol stance.

This mod probably doesn't have much impacts to the context of Warfare, but I'm still trying to find a server to test how well it could be used, and it should be quite well for Insurgency and PvP type of missions ..

Love this mod + ACE to fill up my eagerness of ArmA3 :lol:

SMK Animations Pack:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14012
Lite Version:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17861
New intel available.
Kenex05

Padawan

Re: SMK Animations Pack

Unread postby Baskerville » 20 Feb 13, 11:54 pm

It's good you can mount walls and stuff. But it looks strange when someone else doesn't have it, not running it I mean.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Kenex05 » 22 Feb 13, 3:06 pm

You're right, but who cares as long as you're not taking advantage in PvP. :? IMH, the mod should be polished up and added to ArmA 2, thank BI that we're going to have a similar system for A3.

I'm surprised that there are quite a few ACE servers allow all signatures, which means people can join with most addons out there and use it on the server.
I'm currently running ACE, SMK and a few unit replacement mods for my own delight, hoping that I'd not be suspected for hacking or crashing the server :roll: :?

But I have to say the animation pack is quite a brilliant addon to ArmA, tactical paces allow players to be more swift and nimble in CQB situations and whatnot
While the addon might encourage n00b camping in PvP scenario, but I'd love to see it being used.
New intel available.
Kenex05

Padawan

Unread postby Freeborne » 22 Feb 13, 3:22 pm

Have you actually tried playing with it? Not just running around in the editor and testing it out, and shooting at imaginary enemy soldiers.

I tried it a while ago, and found it awkward, buggy, and too complicated to use in a real game.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Baskerville » 22 Feb 13, 3:23 pm

I don't think you would last long with lost key going around shooting GAU-8 from your gun or placing scalar towers around the map. :lol:

A couple of us used it in Insurgency a while back and it was ok but a couple of the animations let you do some weird stuff like move through walls ect. It was great for laying on the ground sneaking a peak around the tyres of a car or truck though.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Kenex05 » 22 Feb 13, 3:51 pm

Yea I've used it in Insurgency mostly, that makes room clearing much more easier and enjoyable despite that AIs are very likely sitting there waiting to be killed.

I agree the mod is still buggy in some stance transitions and there are many keys to remember in order to utilise it, but I'd say its a great little enhancement to improve arma experience.
I'm not familiar with those wall stuff yet, but crouching alone makes taking cover whole lot easier around the objects that would otherwise awkward in vanilla arma.
New intel available.
Kenex05

Padawan

Unread postby InAUGral » 22 Feb 13, 4:51 pm

Kenex05 wrote:You're right, but who cares as long as you're not taking advantage in PvP. :? IMH, the mod should be polished up and added to ArmA 2, thank BI that we're going to have a similar system for A3.

The person who made this mod was hired to work on animations for Arma 3 so with professional tools the animations are much improved in Arma 3.
InAUGral

Story Teller

Unread postby Kenex05 » 22 Feb 13, 10:59 pm

InAUGral wrote:
Kenex05 wrote:You're right, but who cares as long as you're not taking advantage in PvP. :? IMH, the mod should be polished up and added to ArmA 2, thank BI that we're going to have a similar system for A3.

The person who made this mod was hired to work on animations for Arma 3 so with professional tools the animations are much improved in Arma 3.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44b7oOn32CI[/youtube]

Just watched this again, some animations are not as 'cinematic' as the SMK ones but what really caught me is that bolt action rifles finally have proper cocking animation! I'm happy with that :D
New intel available.
Kenex05

Padawan

Unread postby Brunius » 23 Feb 13, 7:02 am

Kenex05 wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44b7oOn32CI[/youtube]

Just watched this again, some animations are not as 'cinematic' as the SMK ones but what really caught me is that bolt action rifles finally have proper cocking animation! I'm happy with that :D

You're only after the bit after the v=...so, like this:
Code: Select all
[youtube]44b7oOn32CI[/youtube]

showing:
Brunius

Padawan

Unread postby Goshawk » 23 Feb 13, 2:27 pm

I didn't see any bolt action rifles in that clip? :?
Goshawk

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Kenex05 » 23 Feb 13, 3:23 pm

Thanks Brunius

fk my bad, the **** reloaded his rifle every time he fired a round. Still, the reloading animation looks very impressive.
New intel available.
Kenex05

Padawan

Return to ArmA