The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby Captplatypus » 11 Feb 13, 8:59 pm

wayne19540 wrote:It looks as if its a going to be fun; I wish you all the best with it ;
But I think I will be giving it a miss you don't need an old boy cramping your style young ones;
Any way my boss will not let me out to play.... :(
But can you let us no how it went thanks and have a red wine and a beer for me.


and you would be the easiet to spot out of the lot of us wayne.
Captplatypus

User avatar
Player
 
Offline
Posts: 46
Joined: 4 Jun 12, 7:27 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby Katamara » 11 Feb 13, 9:00 pm

wayne19540 wrote:It looks as if its a going to be fun; I wish you all the best with it ;
But I think I will be giving it a miss you don't need an old boy cramping your style young ones;
Any way my boss will not let me out to play.... :(
But can you let us no how it went thanks and have a red wine and a beer for me.


:( You would totally be welcome! Age is but a number! I used to have a monthly drinks date with some old EVE buddies and we had an older gent, but it was always brilliant fun because of him.

I'm making myself a maybe. I was all for meeting new people and making new friends but considering the **** new people are putting me through, my anxiety might not be able to take it. Not that I think you are bad people, a girl just needs to protect herself is all.

See how brave I am feeling closer to the time :)
Katamara

User avatar
Padawan
 
Offline
Posts: 135
Joined: 4 Feb 13, 10:25 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby CelticAngel82 » 11 Feb 13, 9:02 pm

lordkabab wrote:Wayne sad that your boss wont let you come! You'd be more than welcome I'm sure!

Celty, do eeeet. If I didn't live at home with parents I'd totally offer a room. I'm going to be that dude when I have my own place. I'll be the spare room master!

spare room or not, i'm known for just crashing in people's beds, in a totally innocent way. :P
CelticAngel82

User avatar
Wrapped in bubble wrap
 
Offline
Posts: 1820
Joined: 1 Sep 05, 5:42 pm
Location: Caloundra Hospital Emergency Dept.

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby lordkabab » 11 Feb 13, 9:05 pm

Sorry to hear that Katamara. I only kind of know that feel, for I am not female.
I myself am rather excite. I've never really met anyone from here, yet I've played with many of you for years.

Celt, you leave my precious bed alone! Actually I don't mind as long as I can keep my memory foam pillow.
lordkabab

User avatar
Jedi Upstart
 
Offline
Posts: 731
Joined: 25 Nov 07, 2:44 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby CelticAngel82 » 11 Feb 13, 9:11 pm

oh dude i am so gonna take that precious pillow now that you've said it!
ima gonna fly over, just for that!
CelticAngel82

User avatar
Wrapped in bubble wrap
 
Offline
Posts: 1820
Joined: 1 Sep 05, 5:42 pm
Location: Caloundra Hospital Emergency Dept.

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby Ralph Wiggum » 11 Feb 13, 9:12 pm

wayne19540 wrote:It looks as if its a going to be fun; I wish you all the best with it ;
But I think I will be giving it a miss you don't need an old boy cramping your style young ones;
Any way my boss will not let me out to play.... :(
But can you let us no how it went thanks and have a red wine and a beer for me.


Bah. Look at your title Wayne. GON's coolest grandpa. You have to live up to our expectations ;) Tell your boss to shove it, and that you're going out drinking with some gamers. ;)

Katamara wrote: I'm making myself a maybe. I was all for meeting new people and making new friends but considering the **** new people are putting me through, my anxiety might not be able to take it. Not that I think you are bad people, a girl just needs to protect herself is all.

See how brave I am feeling closer to the time :)


1. It's the first W.A. GON meeting and I want all to have a good time. So believe me that any douchebags/sleaze bags will be told to **** off pretty quickly
2. It's going to be a group of people in a public place, in the middle of the day so you're pretty safe ;)
3. Do not give your mobile number to ANY of us. Even if we ask nicely.
4. Don't give us your real name. You can call me Ralph. We'll call you Kat.
5. Post-drinks stalking (i.e. through the forums) I'm sure can be dealt with easily by the GON team.
Ralph Wiggum

User avatar
Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like
 
Offline
Posts: 2883
Joined: 21 Mar 05, 11:59 pm
Location: Standing on top of the 20th Century Fox logo

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby CelticAngel82 » 11 Feb 13, 9:14 pm

Kat - I can speak for those who are going, are a pretty decent bunch. Having been part of the community for some time, you're in safe company.
also ralphy, i think wayne's boss is his wife. :P
CelticAngel82

User avatar
Wrapped in bubble wrap
 
Offline
Posts: 1820
Joined: 1 Sep 05, 5:42 pm
Location: Caloundra Hospital Emergency Dept.

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby lordkabab » 11 Feb 13, 9:17 pm

YOU WILL ALL REFER TO ME BY "GLORIOUS LEADER LORDKABAB" OR FACE PUNISHMENT.

Naw but I don't care what y'all call me. Call me Stark even, you'll figure it out if I decide to REVEAL MY IDENTITY, which is very easy to discover :o
lordkabab

User avatar
Jedi Upstart
 
Offline
Posts: 731
Joined: 25 Nov 07, 2:44 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby Ralph Wiggum » 11 Feb 13, 9:22 pm

CelticAngel82 wrote:also ralphy, i think wayne's boss is his wife. :P


Hmm. I stand by my suggestion

lordkabab wrote:YOU WILL ALL REFER TO ME BY "GLORIOUS LEADER LORDKABAB" OR FACE PUNISHMENT.

Naw but I don't care what y'all call me. Call me Stark even, you'll figure it out if I decide to REVEAL MY IDENTITY, which is very easy to discover :o


We'll just call you Kabab. See how long it takes to get under your skin :D
Ralph Wiggum

User avatar
Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like
 
Offline
Posts: 2883
Joined: 21 Mar 05, 11:59 pm
Location: Standing on top of the 20th Century Fox logo

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby wayne19540 » 11 Feb 13, 9:23 pm

CelticAngel82 wrote:
lordkabab wrote:Wayne sad that your boss wont let you come! You'd be more than welcome I'm sure!

Celty, do eeeet. If I didn't live at home with parents I'd totally offer a room. I'm going to be that dude when I have my own place. I'll be the spare room master!

spare room or not, I'm known for just crashing in people's beds, in a totally innocent way. :P

Are I fill the love thank you all ;
You are all very kind one day I will love to see you all in person and speak to you face to face why because believe it or not it has been you lot that has encouraged me over the years with my spelling and to get my confidence back
I may be old but I'm not dead so have a drink for me my cyber family as for I will be having one on the day you all get together. :D
wayne19540

User avatar
GON's coolest grandpa
 
Offline
Posts: 2238
Joined: 10 Mar 07, 4:57 pm
Location: WA PERTH

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby lordkabab » 11 Feb 13, 9:28 pm

Ralph Wiggum wrote:[
lordkabab wrote:YOU WILL ALL REFER TO ME BY "GLORIOUS LEADER LORDKABAB" OR FACE PUNISHMENT.

Naw but I don't care what y'all call me. Call me Stark even, you'll figure it out if I decide to REVEAL MY IDENTITY, which is very easy to discover :o


We'll just call you Kabab. See how long it takes to get under your skin :D

Ahaha. I'm definitely not used to getting called it IRL, we'll see. Weeeee'llllllll seee.
lordkabab

User avatar
Jedi Upstart
 
Offline
Posts: 731
Joined: 25 Nov 07, 2:44 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby Mearehear » 11 Feb 13, 9:44 pm

Mearehear is a rather odd name to be called in real life, or even just "Me" is odd enough lol You can all just call me Barbie instead if I make it there :P

Ralph Wiggum wrote:
1. It's the first W.A. GON meeting and I want all to have a good time. So believe me that any douchebags/sleaze bags will be told to **** off pretty quickly
2. It's going to be a group of people in a public place, in the middle of the day so you're pretty safe ;)
3. Do not give your mobile number to ANY of us. Even if we ask nicely.
4. Don't give us your real name. You can call me Ralph. We'll call you Kat.
5. Post-drinks stalking (i.e. through the forums) I'm sure can be dealt with easily by the GON team.

All the above :)
Mearehear

Game Admin
 
Offline
Posts: 2955
Joined: 15 Jan 10, 8:04 am

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby Nightstaar » 11 Feb 13, 10:29 pm

Yeah, so much anxiety cramping up this thread! I've been to plenty of meets, and they've all been a blast. As Ralph said you won't have any of that weird guy ****. If it's not your cup of tea after a drink, then simply leave. Easy mode.

We're all weird-gamer-nerd-people-things. Fun times to be had!

Also boo to you nay-sayers. Free concerts FTW!
Nightstaar

User avatar
Story Teller
 
Offline
Posts: 1676
Joined: 21 Mar 06, 6:00 pm
Location: Victoria

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby Zombywolf » 12 Feb 13, 12:55 am

ya'll are nutty.

Image
Without my pants.
Zombywolf

User avatar
Story Teller
 
Offline
Posts: 1873
Joined: 17 Jun 07, 1:50 pm
Location: I LOVE SHOPPING!!!

Re: The W.A. GON meet up thread!

Unread postby Katamara » 12 Feb 13, 9:17 am

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you're weirdos. I know there is nothing wrong with you, I'm a good judge of character and my first impressions are rarely wrong (even if they are online).

I've been to plenty of meets before and had a brilliant time. I organised my old Guildwars 2 guild local met with pool and drinks and it was a blast! I've even dated normal people I've met online in games :)

Zombywolf wrote:ya'll are nutty.


No, I just somehow attract them :P
Last edited by Katamara on 12 Feb 13, 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katamara

User avatar
Padawan
 
Offline
Posts: 135
Joined: 4 Feb 13, 10:25 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: stingtwo and 2 guests