Anyone still playing World at War?

Anyone still playing World at War?

Unread postby randyy242 » 7 Feb 13, 4:15 pm

inb4 "wrong subforum u posted in teh wrong subforum!" I'll say that I wasn't sure where to post it so I posted in all of the current CoD subforums

Admin Edit: inb4 you notice multiple thread topics never work and as such a Mod has moved the others to deleted.

Does anyone still play the game? I couldn't find a single game with less then 300 ping, which kind of disappoints me, knowing what a great game it was. I figured that if CoD4 is still alive as it is I don't see a reason for WaW not being, but apparently that is not the case.

Would anybody be interested in joining up and playing a few matches on a local server sometime? there are plenty empties around- namely in sydney- that are ready to play in, so why not? the games got the gameplay of CoD4, with the scene of CoD1, with improved CoD2 graphics, which is genius to my eyes. I had a go for the first time since the game came out today.

If anyone would be interested, I suggest posting here, in this thread, so there is something to work by. I might be wasting my time, yes, but in the same breath I might be starting something that should have been started before now. I don't know and can't know without trying, so here goes.

My first thought would have been sometime this Saturday, when there are likely to be more players around. If I can draw in enough traffic I might start a temporary steam group.

Awaiting responses and happy gaming-

Randy
Last edited by randyy242 on 8 Feb 13, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
randyy242

Player

Re: Anyone still playing World at War?

Unread postby DarkMellie » 7 Feb 13, 4:26 pm

Define 'cracked'.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby Mearehear » 7 Feb 13, 5:46 pm

I was wondering if there was any life left to this game just two days ago, as I quite enjoyed it but missed its window frame of popularity...but I stopped reading at the point you said cracked...like Mellie has asked, define "cracked""
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby randyy242 » 8 Feb 13, 7:56 am

oh. Sorry, I forgot.... editing post, removing reference.

edit: really really sorry about that. I'll watch myself next time. have my other topics been removed because of that, and will I get infractions for reposting them?

reedit: Im blind D: guess I'll give up, this community doesnt seem to care for warm introductions or enthusiasm
randyy242

Player

Unread postby Chucky » 8 Feb 13, 8:08 am

randyy242 wrote:this community doesnt seem to care for warm introductions or enthusiasm

I would have to disagree wholeheartedly, however multiple topics saying the same thing or posting about 'those' types of servers is never looked upon with a positive attitude. I did assist by removing your other topics, and you have since edited out 'those servers' so it is great to see you are working with us.

Don't get me wrong, it is great to have another new member and we are truly glad that you are here, I just feel you got off on the wrong foot (so to speak).

Don't give up just yet, things will get better, you just need to allow time for people to get used to you (and vice versa).
Chucky

Unread postby stoolsample » 8 Feb 13, 9:00 am

Welcome to the forums, Im pretty sure I have a World at War account and disc around here somewhere :), it really was one of the best, many great multi & zombie mods/maps,running my own server with Xtreme 4.0 mod another clan had let me use and tweak from their pre-config being my fav, the versatility of the cod4/5 mods were amazing. I do miss the gameplay like that on dedicated servers that I could personally create for a great 30man local adelaide+other state clan. So many great memories, moreso from cod4/5/Ops than MW2/MW3.

While I could dig up my disc and get it going, it seems already fruitless with 2-10 players in australia at any given time to have a go but availability of a small player base restricts it, It would have to be an organised event and pre-planned to get a player count up in the 30's :)
Dead 2600k @0.0ghz zer0watt functionality
New i5 4690 @3.9Ghz/8GB@1866mhz Gigabyte R9-290-OC
CM N600/27" 1080/60 OC'd to 1440p@60
stoolsample

Padawan

Unread postby randyy242 » 8 Feb 13, 9:45 am

alright, thanks chucky c:

and stool, I couldnt agree more. I'd guess thered be at least a small handfull of australian world at war players around, fact being trying to even populate a local server is difficult because nobody bothers to check if the servers are populated anymore.

Alright then, should this be moved to a more suitable location then? a general Call of Duty or Gaming subforum? I'd love to get a team together :)

edit: I'm playing in the only non-password protected, legitimate server that I can find, which has 10 slots, no hardcore, no mods. IP is 173.199.80.71:28960 if anyone would like to come right now :)

my current ign is TranZsa
Last edited by randyy242 on 8 Feb 13, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
randyy242

Player

Unread postby Chucky » 8 Feb 13, 9:48 am

randyy242 wrote:Alright then, should this be moved to a more suitable location then? a general Call of Duty or Gaming subforum? I'd love to get a team together :)

I can move it to First Person Shooters, but we no longer have a general COD subforum as the Subforum's we have for CoD are the only ones that were active. Your call, let me know.
Chucky

Unread postby randyy242 » 8 Feb 13, 10:02 am

Chucky wrote:
randyy242 wrote:Alright then, should this be moved to a more suitable location then? a general Call of Duty or Gaming subforum? I'd love to get a team together :)

I can move it to First Person Shooters, but we no longer have a general COD subforum as the Subforum's we have for CoD are the only ones that were active. Your call, let me know.

eit depends. which do you think will draw more attention? which subforum gets the most traffic? CoD4 or FPS general?
randyy242

Player

Unread postby CoalM!NER-[IB] » 10 Feb 13, 12:24 pm

I loved WaW, much more so than every CoD release after it. Kar 98 ironsights was awesome fun...Going to install it on my win7 rig right now :D
________
"Such Is Life"
CoalM!NER-[IB]

CoD Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Feb 13, 5:24 pm

Well if a good handful of guys jump into the idea of playing it again, I will find my email for it (bought it from their webiste, with Digital River, never again!) and redownload it to play again :)

..Maybe i should anyway just to complete the singleplayer side to it.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby randyy242 » 11 Feb 13, 8:07 am

the first few levels of singleplayer seemed pretty boring to me, I got past the first few levels, found the raygun, got bored of it and stopped. but seeing as it has coop, which is something Ive never used, I might give it another go sometime.

I'm thinking about starting another thread ( D: chucky) setup as a poll and doing a "vote" to see who would be available to play at certain times.

for example:

then at least I'll know if I'm wasting my time or if there will be enough players to run through a few games.

And if we do, would it be possible for GoN to host some temporary servers so we can at least have admins admining them, controlling map rotation and rules etc etc?

I'm thinking we might be getting somewhere here.

Also: http://store.steampowered.com/app/202970/ if anyone has Black Ops 2, I bought the Digital Deluxe upgrade for $10 when the game first came out, I got the nuketown zombies map and World at War, which is how Ive ended up with my current copy. If anyone has Black Ops 2 I suggest watching out for the DD upgrade, its cheaper then buying world at war itself. The original DD upgrade expired on the 26th of November but there was another one running at the end of December, so chances are there could be another pop up any time now.

Can't find the game much cheaper then $25 anywhere: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Call-of-Dut ... 2c5fd5c225

I just asked around a bit, some of my friends have WaW and don't play it, asking about sharing keycodes might work.

edit: I have a used cdkey that may or may not still work, first in first served if anyone wants it. it has been posted online so punkbuster may have globally banned it.
randyy242

Player

Unread postby Mearehear » 11 Feb 13, 11:15 pm

All fine and sounds good mate, but you are taking that fine line again when you start talking about "sharing keycodes" and "used keycodes" . You have got to realise that those kind of plans just are not acceptable here, it is a legitimate ISP backed gaming site. They don't want association with that way of gaming, and to be honest nor do I, or most users I would think.

For sure go ahead and start a thread with a poll to gather interest, and if there is interest there I would be happy to find my download and have a run at playing this a bit too. Maybe ask really really nicely about having WAW as one of the new "Classic" servers that are coming. Might not be likely but worth a shot.

Just be really sure to keep away from the idea of "that" way of gaming.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby randyy242 » 12 Feb 13, 8:32 am

Alright. I'm sorry. Again.

I wasnt trying to portray anything that way, giving someone a keycode is virtually the same thing as giving out a copy of the game, but I'm still trying to get my head around "that"- Its just how I've always played. Well, I'll setup the poll and see if we can get any flow.

edit: is there anyone here who can post on the GoN steam announcements page? That'd save alot of trouble
randyy242

Player

Unread postby Mearehear » 12 Feb 13, 8:54 am

I'm sure you are a clever enough guy to know that those kind of topics are "out of bounds" mate, would save you feeling like you need to apologise if you just have a think about it a bit more before posting. ;)

That would be Cas most likely that does those, but I don't think that would really be "Steam Announcement" material I'm afraid. Not my place to decide that of course, but that would be my guess.

Here's my advice:

Really best bet is to post a thread here, also maybe mention in the GON lounge section, in "Mellies Random Game Discussion thread" that you are looking for WaW players.

Then outside of Gon you could start a group on Steam, "Aussie WaW" or something, and create a thread in the WaW Steam forum stating you are creating an Aussie group for it, and that you are looking for people to join and play.

Steam WaW forum is : http://steamcommunity.com/app/10090/discussions/

Whatever you do though, dont mention cracks or used keys at a Steam forum - or any for that matter ;)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Next

Return to Call of Duty Series