Story Teller

Re: Show us your latest purchase - February 2013

Unread postby brat81 » 24 Feb 13, 10:54 am

And it's alive

brat81

Story Teller

Unread postby Disco LT » 24 Feb 13, 12:04 pm

Slowly getting the things together that I needed to have a stab (haha, I'm so funny) at making a knife - now have a belt sander, angle grinder AND I picked up an old Wiltshire file too!
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Makena » 24 Feb 13, 6:36 pm

Wolfstar90 wrote:
Disco LT wrote:
Makena wrote:May have gone a little crazy, and spent more than I should have, but books!

Some good books there! The Night Angel Trilogy is a favourite of mine, Brent weeks is a good author IMO and the Black Magician Trilogy is also pretty good, I've read both a few times each :D

Are you me? I saw those specific books and came to post exactly that. Love Brent Weeks. If you enjoy The Night Angel Trilogy, check out the books from his current Lightbringer series; The Black Prism and The Blinding Knife. Definitely one of the most interesting adaptations of magic I've ever read and I read a lot of fantasy. I quite like Trudi Canavan as well, especially the Black Magician Trilogy. The Magician's Apprentice, the prequel to that series is also great, although I'm not really enjoying her latest series.

I'll be sure to let you guys know what I think of them all as I work through them :D

And re Forever War, I've heard a lot of mixed things about it, but it does pop up a lot on "must read" lists, so for $6.40, why not :lol:
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby Ninja Catfish » 24 Feb 13, 6:43 pm

I got these headphones for $34, down from $99 :D
Sony MDR-ZX600
Nintendo Network ID - Catfiish | Live - NinjaxCatfish | PlayStation ID - NinjaCatfish | last.fm - NinjaCatfish | Twitter - StevenImpson
Ninja Catfish

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Tydus » 24 Feb 13, 7:16 pm

Sony Bravia 55inch led

~$1050 refurbished (including delivery). (It has 1 small dent on the back casing)
Tydus

Padawan

Unread postby Disco LT » 25 Feb 13, 5:38 am

Wolfstar90 wrote:
Disco LT wrote:
Makena wrote:May have gone a little crazy, and spent more than I should have, but books!

Some good books there! The Night Angel Trilogy is a favourite of mine, Brent weeks is a good author IMO and the Black Magician Trilogy is also pretty good, I've read both a few times each :D

Are you me? I saw those specific books and came to post exactly that. Love Brent Weeks. If you enjoy The Night Angel Trilogy, check out the books from his current Lightbringer series; The Black Prism and The Blinding Knife. Definitely one of the most interesting adaptations of magic I've ever read and I read a lot of fantasy. I quite like Trudi Canavan as well, especially the Black Magician Trilogy. The Magician's Apprentice, the prequel to that series is also great, although I'm not really enjoying her latest series.

Haha, we must have good taste! I've actually read the Black Prism and I remember being blown away at his ability to just.. create a new magic system that is interesting and memorable. I saw the second book at Kmart a few months ago but I'll need to reread the Black Prism before I attempt it and I just haven't found the time or motivation to get stuck into it yet.

I didn't realize there was a prequel to the Magicians Apprentice.. I might need to look into that! If you like Brent Weeks you should keep an eye out for Brandon Sanderson, his stuff is quite good too.
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby SuBw00FeR » 25 Feb 13, 6:56 am

My Mini-ITX Build! I sold my ASUS G73SW laptop so I could build this instead to leave at my sister's in QLD, as I go up fairly often (going there this march for ~3 weeks)

Before anyone has a heart attack, I have RAM spare already. :P
Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz - 4x4GB Corsair RAM - GTX690 - MSI Z77 MPOWER
SuBw00FeR

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 25 Feb 13, 7:28 am

2 x tickets to:
People often say "Dodger, are you this weird in the real world?"

I can unicycle while playing ukulele.

You be the judge.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Chucky » 25 Feb 13, 8:00 am

Nekosan wrote:What made you go for one of those again? Just curious since I'm in the market for a new phone soonish.

It was mainly a bluetooth issue between my Nexus 4 (or any Nexus for that matter) and my Stereo (RNS510) in my VW :( Something to do with Rsap (some European bluetooth profile) and some Android phones.

Don't get me wrong, I will miss how open Android is compared to how locked down iPhone is, but as a Phone / Camera / Web browser, you can't go past the iphone....if you want to do more than just Phone/Camera/Web then I suggest looking into an Android phone.
Chucky

Unread postby Bicketybam » 25 Feb 13, 4:48 pm

ImageImage
" " - Silent Bob

Gamers can really come across with a pathetically huge sense of self entitlement at times
Bicketybam

Senior TF2 Admin

Unread postby SuBw00FeR » 25 Feb 13, 4:56 pm

@bicketybam, where and how much? Been thinking about grabbing it.
Main PC: i7 3770k @ 4.6ghz - 4x4GB Corsair RAM - GTX690 - MSI Z77 MPOWER
SuBw00FeR

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby SaNE » 25 Feb 13, 5:09 pm

SuBw00FeR wrote:@bicketybam, where and how much? Been thinking about grabbing it.

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/SimCity- ... rigin.html

CDKeysHere are the one I've used previously without any problems.
Steam - Battlelog - X-Fire - "If you're not hurting somebody's feelings, you're losing"
SaNE

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Wolfstar90 » 25 Feb 13, 5:16 pm

SaNE wrote:
SuBw00FeR wrote:@bicketybam, where and how much? Been thinking about grabbing it.

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/SimCity- ... rigin.html

CDKeysHere are the one I've used previously without any problems.

I can also vouch for CDKeysDirect, CJS-CDKeys and OnlineKeyStore, all with multiple purchases, usually getting keys instantly. Love CD Key sites <3

I'll probs be getting mine from CDKeysDirect. Looks cheapest and I know they're legit.
Wolfstar90

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Bicketybam » 25 Feb 13, 5:33 pm

I used CJS-CDKeys. For $47 its not bad. Kind of sad that the difference between buying on a key site and buying it from Origin/EA is paying double that price and you won't get anything extra. :|

I've never used CJS CDkeys before but they do seem to have a lot of support from different customers so taking a shot. :)
ImageImage
" " - Silent Bob

Gamers can really come across with a pathetically huge sense of self entitlement at times
Bicketybam

Senior TF2 Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat