War Thunder

Re: War Thunder

Unread postby Disco LT » 4 Feb 13, 4:07 pm

I only fly ze German planes.. I like them more :)
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Makena » 4 Feb 13, 4:11 pm

Cas Bitton wrote:Putting it on the mirror slortly. ETA: Tomorrow™™™™™™™™™™™™™

Awesome

Disco LT wrote:I only fly ze German planes.. I like them more :)

I'm sticking with USSR at the moment, I want to fly a YAK :D
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby Disco LT » 4 Feb 13, 4:21 pm

I just like the word Messerschmitt :D
Disco LT

Unread postby Vid » 4 Feb 13, 4:43 pm

Yeah I'm flying Germans. I want my 109!

Only level 1 here too, but I haven't played much
"You are really good at killing things. I'm impressed." - Durandal
Vid

Story Teller

Unread postby Bronze_D » 4 Feb 13, 5:37 pm

War Thunder will eventually have all 3 aspect at once, ie: land sea and air combats... we currently can only control the aircrafts and the rest are currently AI controlled, but the plan is to eventually have all 3 playable by the players, this is partly why the land and sea forces currently are pushovers (the AI follows a simple script) and their armaments don't reflect the rank of the aircrafts involved (pom poms and single barrel 20mm vs FW190s and B-17... not much of a fight there)...

incidentally, might wanna keep a nation in perma rank 1-4 aircrafts as your credit maker...

you generate ludicrous amount of credits with the early aircrafts and matches... but this drops sharply as you enter the higher ranked matches with jets and high tier bombers not to mention high performance warbirds becoming more frequent in appearance as your aircrafts maintenance cost increases sharply.

note:
There's another bug (or not a bug? shrug) that will make many of the US planes and some of the others a tad more difficult to get used to...

Some ppl may recall that the armaments on the fighters have a convergence setting, that is to say the point in which the weapons on the fighter will convergence on ahead of it creating a lethal point in which whatever is at that point (preferably your target) will receive a combined salvo from all the guns on the fighter.

it's a very crucial point for warbirds with armaments mounted on their wings since improper convergence (or no convergence, ie: convergence at infinity) means you will be raking your target all over the place with your shots but not doing lethal effect on one single component (and potentially missing a good chunk of the shots) which is not what you want (you want your target DEAD, and fast and you do that by pulverizing one critical component quickly rather than punching holes all over the place but not knocking any parts out).

For whatever reason, currently in WT, the convergence works properly in historical or realistic battles, but NOT on arcade battles.

That is to say if you notice the setting in the options that denotes the convergence distance, this setting only applies when you enter historical and realistic battles but last i checked did not work properly in arcade mode.

It unfortunately gives the US plane one handicap compared to most other nations warbirds which often have fuselage and engine mounted guns (and thus suffer much less problem with convergence).
Bronze_D

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 5 Feb 13, 1:23 pm

Done, packed, copying now.

Sometime in the next 20 minutes it will begin populating to our file mirror. ~6GB. Check the files page later this afternoon!
Follow us: Image Image Image
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby Mearehear » 5 Feb 13, 1:26 pm

Awesomeness Cas. Just got my PC all reinstalled with its new hard drive last night, net is finally working, time for me to start redownloading games. This will be high on the list if it is on the files mirror :D
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Disco LT » 5 Feb 13, 1:30 pm

Mearehear wrote:Awesomeness Cas. Just got my PC all reinstalled with its new hard drive last night, net is finally working, time for me to start redownloading games. This will be high on the list if it is on the files mirror :D

Good choice xD Need to get DCS installed too! I've got a video that I'm trying to upload from home with my failed attemps at learning..and then getting shot down my Mellie.

I was like WTF JUST HAPPENED?! :lol:
Disco LT

Unread postby Mearehear » 5 Feb 13, 1:33 pm

Disco LT wrote:Good choice xD Need to get DCS installed too!

Also high on the list! I think I actually backed up my downloaded files for that somewhere here, so hopefully I wont have to actually redownload that one :)

Disco LT wrote:I've got a video that I'm trying to upload from home with my failed attemps at learning..and then getting shot down my Mellie.

Haha you must post a link to that once you get it uploaded!
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 5 Feb 13, 1:36 pm

And it's well on the way, ~30mins from this post it will appear. Good times :)
Follow us: Image Image Image
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby Disco LT » 5 Feb 13, 1:39 pm

Mearehear wrote:
Disco LT wrote:Good choice xD Need to get DCS installed too!

Also high on the list! I think I actually backed up my downloaded files for that somewhere here, so hopefully I wont have to actually redownload that one :)

Disco LT wrote:I've got a video that I'm trying to upload from home with my failed attemps at learning..and then getting shot down my Mellie.

Haha you must post a link to that once you get it uploaded!

Yeah you can laugh at me and my stupidity :lol: Will post it in the Sim thread
Disco LT

Unread postby Baskerville » 6 Feb 13, 8:06 am

I absolutely love this game! I added some of you to my friends list my own username is just Baskerville.

Bit of self promotion of my youtube right below. Turn the video quality all the way up!

Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Mearehear » 8 Feb 13, 7:04 am

Ok got this downloaded now, ingame username Mearehear

Haven''t tried it yet apart from a quick run at the tutorial with the keys and mouse. Like Wings of Prey, this too looks freakin fantastic visually and so so smooth, I just really really hope there is no disadvantage to using a stick in the game, as there is no way in hell I am playing something this glorious with the keyboard and mouse.

Will probably get in some airtime this weekend if anyone is playing :) Now to get back to downloading DCS World once again..
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Otto-matic » 8 Feb 13, 9:53 am

Let me know how it goes with the stick Mearehear, I'm a bit the same way.
Otto-matic

Story Teller

Unread postby lordkabab » 8 Feb 13, 9:54 am

Mearehear wrote:Ok got this downloaded now, ingame username Mearehear

Haven''t tried it yet apart from a quick run at the tutorial with the keys and mouse. Like Wings of Prey, this too looks freakin fantastic visually and so so smooth, I just really really hope there is no disadvantage to using a stick in the game, as there is no way in hell I am playing something this glorious with the keyboard and mouse.

Will probably get in some airtime this weekend if anyone is playing :) Now to get back to downloading DCS World once again..

If you play Arcade with a stick, you will get destroyed. But for Full Real Battles it's best to use a stick.
lordkabab

Jedi Upstart

PreviousNext

Return to PC Gaming Chat