Powerpoint Gurus Please Help...

Get Creative! Are you building a game, wanting to show off your photography skills or other digital media? This forum is for you!

Powerpoint Gurus Please Help...

Unread postby Ap0ca1yps3 » 30 Jan 13, 1:42 pm

Hi guys,

Need a bit of help with Powerpoint :)

In short, I'm looking for a way to activate and deactivate a text message using the text box at any desired point during a presentation.

I have been doing basic presentations for the Real Estate I work for their property auctions, and my boss saw another presentation recently where as a property was being auctioned, when it got to the point where the reserve had been met, the operators of the presentation activated a text overlay of the property slides that displayed "We're Selling" and once the property sold, they displayed "SOLD" over the slides.

Is there a way that this can be key or mouse-click activated so that at anytime during the presentation it can be activated and deactivated?

Also to make matters worse, I only have Powerpoint 2000.

I have found out that the presenters weren't using Powerpoint, but I'm hoping that Powerpoint has a similar feature.

Edit: If Powerpoint cannot do this, is there a program that can run in the background that can overlay text or images onscreen that is key activated? Just a thought.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Ap0ca1yps3

Padawan

Re: Powerpoint Gurus Please Help...

Unread postby v4moose » 5 Feb 13, 1:03 pm

what were the presenters using?
Hit me up on Steam!
A really annoying sig used to be here
v4moose

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Fireslide » 5 Feb 13, 5:46 pm

You can put a shape or object on each slide. Then add the textbox on each slide. Create a custom animation that is triggered by clicking on the specific object for each slide. If you click on it, it'll pop up sold, if not, it'll just advanced to next slide.
Fireslide

Unread postby Ap0ca1yps3 » 6 Feb 13, 10:48 am

v4moose wrote:what were the presenters using?

I'm told they were using 'Keynote' which is a Mac based program. Unfortunately, i don't have a Mac :(

Also as far as Google tells me, there is now PC version of the software, and converting a presentation to be displayed on a PC is fraught with issues.
Last edited by Ap0ca1yps3 on 6 Feb 13, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ap0ca1yps3

Padawan

Unread postby Ap0ca1yps3 » 6 Feb 13, 10:54 am

Fireslide wrote:You can put a shape or object on each slide. Then add the textbox on each slide. Create a custom animation that is triggered by clicking on the specific object for each slide. If you click on it, it'll pop up sold, if not, it'll just advanced to next slide.

Yes, I'm starting to think that is the only way to do it. It's a cumbersome way to do it, and any slip of the mouse or inadvertent click might be a bit embarrassing.

I will also have to create a 'Master Slide' as some of the presentations are 160+ slides, and I'm certainly not going to embed a trigger on each page...

If it turns out there is a simpler way around this, please let me know, and thanks guys for your contributions.
Ap0ca1yps3

Padawan

Unread postby Fireslide » 6 Feb 13, 12:17 pm

Might be able to put object and custom animation into the header or footer of the slides. So you do it only once

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Fireslide

Return to Creative