Dragon Age II DLC

Dragon Age II DLC

Unread postby PinothyJ » 10 Jan 13, 2:08 am

Am I severely mentally challenged or is there no Dragon Age II DLC on Origin? I thought I would finally put the beast to bed by purchasing the Assassin DLC, completing it and that would close a door on my DA experience until the third installment comes on around. But as hard as I look from my Origin client I cannot appear to find any of the DLC on the store anywhere.

I have to be missing the obvious; it is probably right under my nose, or something…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Re: Dragon Age II DLC

Unread postby DarkMellie » 10 Jan 13, 2:15 am

If it's like other Bioware titles, you will be able to purchase it from within game... look for a 'store' button that leads you to Bioware's site, where you can login with your Origin ID and purchase DLC.

Just recently did that very thing when downloading all my old packs for ME2.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby PinothyJ » 10 Jan 13, 11:05 am

DarkMellie wrote:If it's like other Bioware titles, you will be able to purchase it from within game... look for a 'store' button that leads you to Bioware's site, where you can login with your Origin ID and purchase DLC.

Just recently did that very thing when downloading all my old packs for ME2.

Seriously? How did I not know this :/.

Woah, woah, woah! Was Dragon Age not the title that was the first game removed from Steam leading up to the launch of Origin? EA claimed it was because they wanted to control the sale of their DLC and Valve wanted a cut (even though GfWL titles control their DLC just fine so the argument never had any merit) except now that it is all EA's way there is still no DAII DLC on their controlled store.

How did I miss all this because it is hilarious…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby DarkMellie » 10 Jan 13, 11:13 am

Did you find the Bioware store from ingame? I presume EA take a cut from there seeing as you login with your Origin ID.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby PinothyJ » 10 Jan 13, 11:20 am

DarkMellie wrote:Did you find the Bioware store from ingame? I presume EA take a cut from there seeing as you login with your Origin ID.

I figured that was for stat purposes which Bioware are all about sharing with the community…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Mekon » 10 Jan 13, 11:29 am

DarkMellie wrote:Did you find the Bioware store from ingame? I presume EA take a cut from there seeing as you login with your Origin ID.

Given that EA own Bioware, they take more than a cut... they take the whole cake. :)
Mekon

I Draw Sustenance From Destroying Your Hyperbole

Unread postby PinothyJ » 10 Jan 13, 11:30 am

Mekon wrote:

Given that EA own Bioware, they take more than a cut... they take the whole cake. :)

I was more amused at how the whole DAII DLC fiasco ended up panning out.

In other news, apparently I need 800 'Bioware Points' now…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Return to PC Gaming Chat