Games.on.net Feed The Beast server

Re: Games.on.net Feed The Beast server

Unread postby siffar » 9 Apr 13, 11:27 pm

Having issues logging into the server, keep getting

Failed to login: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect in game

and

2013-04-09 23:55:01 [INFO] [PortalGun] [1.4.7v5] Failed to restore setting, probably due to unsuccessful connection to a server.

in the console
siffar

Player

Unread postby MUG » 10 Apr 13, 2:21 am

siffar wrote:Having issues logging into the server, keep getting

Failed to login: java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: connect in game

and

2013-04-09 23:55:01 [INFO] [PortalGun] [1.4.7v5] Failed to restore setting, probably due to unsuccessful connection to a server.

in the console

Went to the server console to see if there was a server issue and seen you in a /list so I guess it's sorted. :)
MUG

Game Admin

Unread postby siffar » 10 Apr 13, 3:03 am

yeah took a few attempt and a client reboot, but got thru, wasnt the first time today, just the longest to get back in.
siffar

Player

Unread postby Nexxys » 10 Apr 13, 8:00 am

Getting the following message:

Connection Lost
Failed to login: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL:
http://session.minecraft.net/game/joins ... ys&session
Id=fec607009ae5d944accb4a0e46a650eca6fca4ca&serverId=2ccddfc45
7909923335b2c3a046d9a5ade8fd18f
Nexxys

n00bie

Unread postby Kharis » 18 Apr 13, 8:57 am

well a bunch of stuff has been stolen from my house, including my quarry, solar panels, a bunch of glass fibre and a few of my barrels have been cleaned out, not happy jan

oh and they left my front door open so all the monsters could live inside out of the rain....
Artful-dodgeR wrote:TIL Kharis is not a dude.
Kharis

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Tigerbot Hesh » 18 Apr 13, 10:31 am

Kharis wrote:well a bunch of stuff has been stolen from my house, including my quarry, solar panels, a bunch of glass fibre and a few of my barrels have been cleaned out

Do they even have any protection on this server?

I've been seeing a few of these types of complaints recently in game, but haven't seen any talk of stuff being restored, also there doesn't seem to be any factions/claiming of land as compared to the last (tekkit) server, and a few other people have mentioned having their stuff wrecked as well in this thread.

I pretty much took it as a wild west rules, like 3FL, and I'm going to be moving my stuff at least 10k blocks out from spawn as soon as I can...
Tigerbot Hesh

n00bie

Unread postby Kharis » 18 Apr 13, 12:38 pm

there is no protection on the ftb server like there used to be on tekkit so it is a bit of a free for all, but you would like to think that people wont be idiots...

my house was 4k out from spawn, maybe i need to move further away
Artful-dodgeR wrote:TIL Kharis is not a dude.
Kharis

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Miss.Murder » 18 Apr 13, 2:56 pm

Tigerbot Hesh wrote:
Kharis wrote:well a bunch of stuff has been stolen from my house, including my quarry, solar panels, a bunch of glass fibre and a few of my barrels have been cleaned out

Do they even have any protection on this server?

I've been seeing a few of these types of complaints recently in game, but haven't seen any talk of stuff being restored, also there doesn't seem to be any factions/claiming of land as compared to the last (tekkit) server, and a few other people have mentioned having their stuff wrecked as well in this thread.

I pretty much took it as a wild west rules, like 3FL, and I'm going to be moving my stuff at least 10k blocks out from spawn as soon as I can...

No, there is currently no protection. We are most certainly not using the same set of rules at the 3FL Wild West server. As for talk of stuff being restored, I usually talk to people in game about that sort of thing rather than making numerous forum posts trying to work out where their areas are and stuff to see about replacements or anything.
Miss.Murder

Senior Minecraft Admin

Unread postby PirateEggs » 18 Apr 13, 3:14 pm

No, you don't need to move further away, that will just break the server more.
It would be really nice to see a protection mod; http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1484373-146147
That's a really good one, it's quite easy to set up and use, tested it and it works really well too.
PirateEggs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Loc Syrius » 23 Apr 13, 12:01 am

Hi, been a Internode user for over a decade and never played on any of their servers.
So i thought I'd get back into minecraft and give the Feed the Beast server a go. My question is, is there a Dynamic map for this server?

I've been looking at: http://mc-1.games.on.net:5080/
Only to realize upon logging in and wandering around for 10 mins that it's not the same map XD
Loc Syrius

n00bie

Unread postby PirateEggs » 23 Apr 13, 1:54 am

There is no dyn map for FTB.
PirateEggs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Wyld » 24 Apr 13, 12:37 am

PirateEggs wrote:There is no dyn map for FTB.

Yes there is.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1543523-
Mostly Minecraft via http://www.twitch.tv/wyldstein/ Wooh!

Wyld

Known to wear a cool hat

Unread postby PirateEggs » 24 Apr 13, 2:32 am

What I meant was, there is not a dynmap on the GoN FTB Mindcrack server.
With the state of the server adding a dynmap to it would more than likely completely kill it. If it updated once a day, it would be OK, (pretty much defeat the purpose of a dynamic map though) but without protection it would be a terrible idea to have since people could just find others houses and know when they're online without having to even join the server.
PirateEggs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby siffar » 25 Apr 13, 9:46 am

Logged in last night to find the base decimated again from greifing, anything not encased in warded stone taken or destroyed. Seriously questioning whats the point even if they did ban the guy we at the base still have to remake everything and then rebuild everything. I want to play the game not constantly struggle to get a foot hold in the game so just as we are getting ahead it is all destroyed, i have real life for that.
siffar

Player

Unread postby Rayner » 25 Apr 13, 10:07 am

Hey Siffar.
I noticed this a few days ago, but you didn't come online while I was on.

There was a portal leading into the base that I got rid of (Don't know who placed it though), the other end was on the surface.

there are also a few other holes, I can point them out next time I see you online.
Rayner

Padawan

PreviousNext

Return to Minecraft