Planetside 2 Stories

Planetside 2 Stories

Unread postby Ashigaru » 27 Nov 12, 1:21 pm

Whilst I'm not actually playing Planetside 2 yet, I'm looking into it and wanted to hear everyone's favourite stories so far of things they've done in PS2. Regale me with stories everyone, it's the best way I think I'll get frothed on it :D
Ashigaru

Story Teller

Re: Planetside 2 Stories

Unread postby $had0w » 27 Nov 12, 3:22 pm

Well, i swapped from NC to Terran last night, and my first experiance is joining a platoon of randoms that did this...

Leader told everyone to go back to the main base over VOIP, so that we could all get planes and big transport planes. So we did... had a group of like 20 mosquitoes, 10 liberators and 2 galaxies full of people, we went to the nearest point that was under attack and murdered everyone there, and took it. Looked epic with 11 people dropping from the transport planes to just swarm the enemy.

Then later, we all got into tanks and sunderers and drove around the map capping and killing everything..

And then, we went back to base again, all got into a mosquito, with a few liberties (at least 35 mosquitoes), went up to 1000 meters, flew over to a point that we were again having trouble with, and just dove down shooting. My god it looked amazing. Ignore the fact that we killed ourselves more by hitting eachother than the enemy did, it looked awesome :P

And finally... just before the server went down, we all drop podded onto an enemy point at the same time. 40+ drop pods going down through the sky looks fantastic
$had0w

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Pudgeinabowl » 27 Nov 12, 9:58 pm

Held Zurvan for several hours with a squad and half and a puggie platoon. NC and VS broke themselves trying to get us. We got a 5minute break and then it kicked off again. We still held with just 2 squads.

We counted 2.5 NC platoons and 1 VS platoon. Better luck next time barnies.
[IIW] - Join us on Teamspeak: 27.50.71.250:10036
Read the IIW WIKI!
Say hi on the PS2 forums HERE
Pudgeinabowl

Player

Unread postby Ashigaru » 28 Nov 12, 8:45 am

Perfect, thanks guys :D I jumped in last night and this game is just huge! When bases start getting capped though, I feel it's better to abandon them and go somewhere else. Some of the spam fests are crazy!

I think my favourite moment last night was assaulting across a large bridge from the generator towards a different area. Troops swarming across the valley below, infantry and tank battles happening on the walkways and then the flyers strafing the area in the meantime. So amazing! Nothing surprises you more than trying to escape a flyer when suddenly it explodes and a scythe flies through the debris. Images of the troopers on Hoth cheering on snowspeeders comes to mind :D
Ashigaru

Story Teller

Unread postby Nightstaar » 28 Nov 12, 8:57 am

Ashigaru wrote:Perfect, thanks guys :D I jumped in last night and this game is just huge! When bases start getting capped though, I feel it's better to abandon them and go somewhere else. Some of the spam fests are crazy!

Wut.
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby Ashigaru » 28 Nov 12, 9:39 am

Nightstaar wrote:
Ashigaru wrote:Perfect, thanks guys :D I jumped in last night and this game is just huge! When bases start getting capped though, I feel it's better to abandon them and go somewhere else. Some of the spam fests are crazy!

Wut.

I should have explained a bit better, I won't abandon at the first assault obviously. Defeats the purpose of the game. When they have overwhelmingly captured the base though, it can become a spawn-insta-death scenario which is quite boring.

The spawn room is inbetween the flight deck and the vehicle deck on some of the strongholds ends up being a killing zone. Spawn, drop into room below, die. Spawn, jump upstairs, die. So when the situation becomes clearly unwinnable I abandon the base and go on the offensive instead. Did that last night and we lapped back around the opposition. Worked out well :)
Ashigaru

Story Teller

Unread postby Jez » 28 Nov 12, 12:16 pm

Ashigaru wrote:
Nightstaar wrote:

Wut.

I should have explained a bit better, I won't abandon at the first assault obviously. Defeats the purpose of the game. When they have overwhelmingly captured the base though, it can become a spawn-insta-death scenario which is quite boring.

The spawn room is inbetween the flight deck and the vehicle deck on some of the strongholds ends up being a killing zone. Spawn, drop into room below, die. Spawn, jump upstairs, die. So when the situation becomes clearly unwinnable I abandon the base and go on the offensive instead. Did that last night and we lapped back around the opposition. Worked out well :)

Wut.
Jez

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby $had0w » 28 Nov 12, 3:00 pm

Nightstaar wrote:

Wut.

I agree with him totally. Theres no point to defending bases as you get nothing for it. When enemies start taking over, you'd be spending your time better elsewhere if you want certs.
$had0w

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Nightstaar » 28 Nov 12, 3:02 pm

Because certs are the main point of the game... That's a terrible attitude towards the game. You defend the territory so you can keep its resources and bonuses.
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby Pudgeinabowl » 28 Nov 12, 3:24 pm

Nightstaar wrote:Because certs are the main point of the game... That's a terrible attitude towards the game. You defend the territory so you can keep its resources and bonuses.

Wrong, you defend a territory because some **** is trying to take something that doesn't belong to them.

If you can't get out of a spawn room, get your squad leader to respawn nearby, hoon over and drop a beacon.

We didn't give up zurvan when a platoon of vanu were spawning off of a sunderer inside our walls and NC were being vomitted out of a sunderer by a gate. We killed them and then cleared OUR base. Then the server kicked everyone and I had a glass of milk and went to bed. /story.
Read the IIW WIKI!
Pudgeinabowl

Player

Unread postby $had0w » 28 Nov 12, 4:27 pm

Nightstaar wrote:Because certs are the main point of the game... That's a terrible attitude towards the game. You defend the territory so you can keep its resources and bonuses.

Actually, considering the massive price of things with certs, yes, certs ARE the main point of the game at the moment.

Why would I defend, dying over and over and get no bonus' for defending, when I can take my squad elsewhere and get things for taking other places?
$had0w

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby jambo » 29 Nov 12, 8:23 am

Had a great time last night with a few mates, we were tearing around the map with ATVs, tanks and some air vehicles. It's really funny playing with other people who have only just started as well, because we all such so much at vehicles.

Also, one of my mates managed to take down a friendly aircraft that had a few people in it when he was air dropped in a pod. Went straight through it and kaboom :lol:

If you're being insta killed in a spawn point then I think it's time to move on. Try and cap some nearby points and then assault the base to take it back.
jambo

Its over 2 million!

Unread postby Nightstaar » 29 Nov 12, 10:00 am

I agree if you're stuck in your spawn room it's stupid to stay there, but giving up if there is a big biodome fight going on is stupid.
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby Pudgeinabowl » 29 Nov 12, 10:26 am

Whilst you don't get a big exp bonus for defending in one lump, every action you take defending has a 15% exp bonus (that stacks with boosts, premium and squad exp boosts). It's quite easy to hit 100% extra exp (6month premium+7dayboost+defending)
Read the IIW WIKI!
Pudgeinabowl

Player

Unread postby bishopoz » 5 Dec 12, 12:24 pm

i enjoy air battles the most ,1 highlight , was on tr and we massed a huge air attack and just started dominating the map ,capping bases and moving on... then we ran into a huge nc air fleet , and it was on , dogfights raging everywhere ,galaxies( troop transports ) barking cannon fire everywhere , libs raining death... was just epic .. i freakin love this game :D
bishopoz

Jedi Upstart

Next

Return to PlanetSide 2