FarCry 3 29th Nov 2012

Re: FarCry 3 29th Nov 2012

Unread postby Bicketybam » 29 Nov 12, 8:55 am

It uses Uplay! It's like Anno, where you click on your steam shortcut and it just loads up Uplay and you then click on Far Cry 3 in that.

It is a nice looking game but I seem to have come across a game breaking bug for me (game breaking as it just won't let me continue) where as it won't let me out of the truck im one of the missions. I've basically tried everything I can think of but nothing works. :(

I have a post on steam forums about it : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=3018469.
ImageImage
" " - Silent Bob

Gamers can really come across with a pathetically huge sense of self entitlement at times
Bicketybam

Senior TF2 Admin

Unread postby DarkMellie » 29 Nov 12, 11:06 am

Grabbed it from CJS and they released keys this motning... $37!

Looking forward to playing it in glorious HD.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby SaNE » 29 Nov 12, 12:26 pm

Bicketybam wrote:It uses Uplay!

Well screw that then.
Steam - Battlelog - X-Fire - "If you're not hurting somebody's feelings, you're losing"
SaNE

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Bicketybam » 29 Nov 12, 1:18 pm

SaNE wrote:
Bicketybam wrote:It uses Uplay!

Well screw that then.

It runs in the background and runs fine. I think it is much less intrusive then something like Origin, but I only have two Ubisoft games at the moment but in the last 6 months of playing Anno I think I only ever had one issue with Uplay. It's too good a game to give up though because of a dislike for Uplay.

Also I fixed my issue I mentioned above with not being able to get out of the truck.. I had to reset the keys to default, restart and then get out then rebound my keys and haven't had a issue (yet) since then.
ImageImage
" " - Silent Bob

Gamers can really come across with a pathetically huge sense of self entitlement at times
Bicketybam

Senior TF2 Admin

Unread postby v4moose » 29 Nov 12, 3:27 pm

DarkMellie wrote:I dearly love my Xbox and my precious gamerscore,

Its just a number dude - it won't help you in a zombie apocalypse :D
Hit me up on Steam!
A really annoying sig used to be here
v4moose

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby DarkMellie » 29 Nov 12, 5:00 pm

Seems that i'm waiting on the Ubi-Launcher to be released on the 30th. I have UPlay on my PC but I can't see where to enter a key... anyone know?

I quite like UPlay.. you can use your achievement points to unlock content.. that content might be as simple as desktop wallpaper, or awesomely it might be content within the game itself. So in GR Future Soldier I was unlocking weapons and (I think) playmodes. It's a really nice touch to see a company that hates gamers giving us stuff that other companies (like Microsoft's XBL) would normally charge hard cash for.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby PlasmaDavid » 29 Nov 12, 5:09 pm

Wasn't very interested, after the complete failure to utilise the brilliant aspects of FC2.

Seeing the map creator + some more footage got me excited again.

Watched the Good Game review and found that the main characters are idiots + cassowary exploitation in the game = meh, Steam sale down the line.
PlasmaDavid

Padawan

Unread postby DarkMellie » 30 Nov 12, 12:25 am

Wow, that was freakin' AWESOME.

Bad guy is the best bad guy in a long time, weapon action is damn near perfect in feel and absolutely love the open world (although trying to take that tiger was a bad idea).

DO NOT like having to constantly forage for stuff and the overly childish looking minimap with colourful leaf icons everywhere.

For some reason, got some massive texture stretching to begin with, couldn't see anything unless I looked at the ground. Switched SLI on and it worked fine. Odd.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby PlasmaDavid » 30 Nov 12, 8:46 am

I wonder if the game is modable in any way, or is the usual inaccessible console-port type affair. Because with a gameplay nudge over in the direction of STALKER I'd be much more inclined to buy.
PlasmaDavid

Padawan

Unread postby Mearehear » 30 Nov 12, 6:40 pm

Picked it up on PS3 today and only just into the first stages of the game, go get boars and flowers part. I find it a little lame that it needs to mark on the hud map where the flowers are exactly, and other items. I mean, find red flowers, find blue flowers, isn't half the fun in actually searching them out, not just being shown "they are here"? Because then it just becomes a trek from A to B and back routine of boredom.

Other than that gripe, I'm liking my first impressions :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby brimlad » 3 Dec 12, 5:56 am

PlasmaDavid wrote:I wonder if the game is modable in any way, or is the usual inaccessible console-port type affair. Because with a gameplay nudge over in the direction of STALKER I'd be much more inclined to buy.
not moddable as was FC2, the map editor is the only creative component of the game.
Enjoyed many hours of sp over the weekend, very similar play style to fc2 though the eviroment is much improved over fc2.
Agree that the minimap is poorly done and unfortunate that you can't just switch it off or it not being there in the higher difficulty levels but it seems you just have live with it.

cheers :)
(i7 5930K@3.6 GA-X99SoC 16gbRipJ 7970x2 S27a950d W8.1P)ClanPwRPlaY
brimlad

Game Admin

Previous

Return to Far Cry