Evil Dead (2013)

Forum for the discussions of all things media related

Evil Dead (2013)

Unread postby Tyger3000 » 17 Oct 12, 6:56 pm

It's still 6 months away, but the first images and footage are starting to surface. I'll admit I'm still a little bit sceptical about the whole thing, but what I've seen so far looks like we'll finally have a return to some old school, no holds barred, relentless horror.

The comic con trailer footage isn't the best (hand held cam), but still enough to get me pretty excited while we wait for an officially released hi-def trailer...

http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/10/bootleg-evil-dead-trailer-is-bloody-blurry
Tyger3000

Player

Re: Evil Dead (2013)

Unread postby Hotblack » 6 Nov 12, 11:25 am

Another remake.....

You can never beat the original, however I liked the fact that they turned it more into a comedy in Evil Dead II, which was essentially a remake in itself

"you ****, give me back my hand!!!"
Hotblack

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Sathias » 6 Nov 12, 8:11 pm

Geez, that looks pretty brutal. I was skeptical they could do it justice but it looks like they are on the right track. I especially like the point they chose not to do the CGI thing. Main question is whether it will get an R18+ here...

If only the Hellraiser remake went ahead under a similar arrangement, I read they started putting together a director and crew for it then the backers told em it had to be PG so they walked away :x

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Robert Anton Wilson
Sathias

Not allowed to leave

Unread postby Tyger3000 » 30 Nov 12, 9:16 pm

Hellraiser sounded like it would've been an amazing remake. It was supposed to be directed by Pascal Laugier, director of Martyrs, who I think would've done an amazing job, but negotiations fell through and now it doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon.
I think it's pretty safe to say that Evil Dead will end up with an R18+. As far as violence goes they push some pretty heavy stuff into an MA15+ rating these days, but I think the tree rape scene alone will be enough to push it into 18+ territory, even if it isn't as graphic as the original. Sexualized violence, even if it's implied, tends to be a touchy subject.
Tyger3000

Player

Unread postby Sathias » 1 Dec 12, 7:27 am

Tyger3000 wrote:Hellraiser sounded like it would've been an amazing remake. It was supposed to be directed by Pascal Laugier, director of Martyrs, who I think would've done an amazing job, but negotiations fell through and now it doesn't look like it's gonna happen anytime soon.

From what I read the financial backers stipulated that the film had to be PG so the director walked away from it :shock:

"Only the madman is absolutely sure." - Robert Anton Wilson
Sathias

Not allowed to leave

Unread postby Nemesis_22 » 4 Jan 13, 6:03 pm

The new red band trailer is out.

I made the mistake of watching it.

I literally threw up.

And no, I'm not linking it. Its so far beyond NSFW its ridiculous.
Nemesis_22

NWN DM

Unread postby exe3 » 5 Jan 13, 9:03 am

Well after that statement I just had to watch it. :lol: Wasn't too bad, the last bit was the worst imo, also a bit to to with an eyelid. Not interested in the movie itself at all, I just had to watch a trailer that had made someone literally throw up. :lol:
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby dinofreak » 5 Jan 13, 9:21 am

Hmmm, I think I'm a little desensitised to gore but it looked like it could be good.
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
-- W. C. Fields
dinofreak

Jedi Upstart

Return to Movies, TV, Books and Music