Like, I was on Youtube and...

Re: Previously on... Like I was on Youtube and...

Unread postby Tigz » 27 Jan 13, 10:03 am

Not bad.

But terrible resolution settings.
Tigz

Padawan

Unread postby Goshawk » 27 Jan 13, 10:51 am

I can't freakin wait for that Apache to be released and even more so for them to then do the WAH-64 that the British Army Air Core uses. :D
Goshawk

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Tigz » 27 Jan 13, 4:50 pm

And bigger maps to fly in... ;)
Tigz

Padawan

Unread postby Goshawk » 28 Jan 13, 9:33 am

Have a fly around Reshmann province map Tigz, it's huge!!
Goshawk

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Tonmeister. » 29 Jan 13, 1:29 pm

Goshawk wrote:I can't freakin wait for that Apache to be released and even more so for them to then do the WAH-64 that the British Army Air Core uses. :D

:/ A2 striking out as a somewhat DCS equivalent. hmmm, code mash
Tonmeister.

Padawan

Unread postby Goshawk » 29 Jan 13, 3:25 pm

Tonmeister. wrote:
Goshawk wrote:I can't freakin wait for that Apache to be released and even more so for them to then do the WAH-64 that the British Army Air Core uses. :D

Well I don't imagine DCS would ever do the AH-64 as it's a two seater and they only focus on single seat aircraft.
Goshawk

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Tonmeister. » 29 Jan 13, 5:15 pm

Goshawk wrote:
Tonmeister. wrote:

Well I don't imagine DCS would ever do the AH-64 as it's a two seater and they only focus on single seat aircraft.

hold ya pants cause there is the F-14A by IRIS and the UH-1 by Belsimtek. Both craft supporting multiseat operation in MP. DCS standards have significantly improved since the release of world.
Tonmeister.

Padawan

Unread postby Genix » 29 Jan 13, 5:47 pm

T-72 taking a hit.

Genix

Player

Unread postby Goshawk » 29 Jan 13, 6:37 pm

That didn't look like a hit to me but rather a round cooking off. You can see it shoot as it explodes and then more ammo cooks off.
Goshawk

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Genix » 29 Jan 13, 9:16 pm

What i found was most likely (posted on another forum) is the breach is open and there is some venting going through the main cannon and that looks to be the propellent cooking off, here is one with the ammo cooking off.

And while we are on tanks blowing up cant go past this one.

Genix

Player

Unread postby Tigz » 30 Jan 13, 12:45 am

Genix wrote:T-72 taking a hit.

Definitely an RPG hit. The molten jet ignited the propellant charges in the magazine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket-propelled_grenade

The charge bags are kept separate from the projectiles. Just the same as mortars for those in the know....:)

Break open a few .22's and light it....you will see the similarities.

The dude running I reckon was the commander blown outside in the first explosion and that explains his injuries whilst taking cover. (you will move fast ,regardless of injuries when faced with a cooking tank.)

That final shot from the MBT's main was probably caused by the death grip of the gunner.

The HEAT (high explosive anti-tank) round is a standard shaped charge warhead, similar in concept to those used in tank cannon rounds. In this type of warhead, the shape of the explosive material within the warhead focuses the explosive energy on a copper (or similar metal) lining. This heats the metal lining and propels some of it forward at a very high velocity in a highly plastic state. The resulting narrow jet of metal can defeat armor several hundred milimeters of RHA equivalent, such as that used in light and medium armored vehicles. However, heavily armored vehicles such as main battle tanks are generally too well armored to be penetrated by an RPG, unless weaker sections of the armor are exploited. Various warheads are also capable of causing secondary damage to vulnerable systems (especially sights, tracks, rear and roof of turrets) and other soft targets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket-propelled_grenade

This to me shows how stupid we are as a human race. 60 years ago it was proven by both the Germans and Allies, that armor CANNOT BE USED in low level op's....ie: an Urban setting. Yet we continue to do it year in and year out. If these dumb pricks had infantry support the enemy WOULD NOT have been able to get close enough for effective shot placement.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... ks/page103
Tigz

Padawan

Unread postby Tonmeister. » 30 Jan 13, 7:15 am

Nice analysis Tigs. I thought it was a cookoff as well
Tonmeister.

Padawan

Unread postby Archival » 30 Jan 13, 3:39 pm

Well that's Syria for you, there's heaps of videos of people doing stupid **** over there, they just don't have the proper training to know how to use this stuff.

Saw another video of them using two T-72's to clear out an apartment block by sitting at the base of it and firing up into the windows, the camera guy is in the building but he's too high for them to even see him.
Archival

Player

Unread postby Radioman » 31 Jan 13, 3:24 pm

Archival wrote:Saw another video of them using two T-72's to clear out an apartment block by sitting at the base of it and firing up into the windows, the camera guy is in the building but he's too high for them to even see him.

I linked this video on the previous page :P

There's plenty of stupid **** out there. IE, using a Metis against a stationary target (parked jet) and missing. Yet they still go ape **** and praise their god....
Radioman
WASP Warfare RE (WWRE) Developer
Want a feature added to WWRE? Make a feature request.
Radioman

ArmA Admin

Unread postby Archival » 2 Feb 13, 11:38 pm

BLUFOR hiding in cherno.avi
Archival

Player

PreviousNext

Return to ArmA