Assetto Corsa (by Kunos Simulazioni )

Re: Assetto Corsa (by Kunos Simulazioni )

Unread postby Mearehear » 23 Feb 13, 12:03 pm

Found out when I played it earlier I didnt have all the AA options on, looks much better than my first impression. really need to see it in action, but here is a few screenies I took. I'm on a low end PC and was getting a solid 60FPS.

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby lucassot » 23 Feb 13, 5:46 pm

Sounds great. The guys over at ISR did a little preview of it as well. Sounds very promising & does seem like they are taking the spot LFS has / had in the sim community. Gonna be keeping my ears & eyes open for this one, may even make me set all my gear up again when it releases.

I haven't played NetKar before but it sounds along the lines of LFS in terms of physics & feeling at home with the car you are driving. I am really hoping this is the case as I'm yet to find a sim that has a similar feel to LFS. Fingers crossed!

edit: Just read your impressions Mearehear, that does sound great in terms of being in control & knowing the limits of the car; attacking the kerb, being able to correct etc. It's got my attention now!!

edit 2: BSNismo at it again :)

lucassot

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Scarface.au » 23 Feb 13, 8:22 pm

Mearehear wrote:I should add, if you want to try the Tech Preview you can buy the full version of netkar PRO now for just 5 Euro and if you do it before March 1st it will also give you access to Assetto Corsa Tech Preview http://www.netkar-pro.com/main/

Tried purchasing, but for some reason my paypal account is locked out (WTF??) so I probably will miss out on this deal...
Disclaimer: Views above are strictly my own opinion. If you don't like it.. Well you can fill in the rest.
Scarface.au

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby lucassot » 23 Feb 13, 8:58 pm

I had my Paypal account locked during a steam sale once, dunno if it was all the small transactions that caused it.

I impulsed it earlier, ended up costing $6.60 AU & tried out Assetto Corsa already but only with a keyboard for now & I am thoroughly impressed. I do feel at home, finally after so long! Can really push the car to its limits & know what you're dealing with. Doesn't feel floaty which is awesome. Now to get the wheel out when I get some time.

Also runs really smooth on my system despite a silly bug when displaying lap times cutting FPS in half which I've already reported along with some others but I think that may be driver related.
lucassot

Unread postby Mearehear » 23 Feb 13, 10:13 pm

Scarface.au wrote:Tried purchasing, but for some reason my paypal account is locked out (WTF??) so I probably will miss out on this deal...

I have a similar problem with my Paypal account and I emailed support several times ages ago and never even got a reply, so I have basically said a big FU to paypal. Luckily I have owned netKar RPO for years. If my account was working too I would have picked it up for you mate, hopefully you find a way, though it is looking quite possible the full game will release on Steam (Greenlight) later this year if we are lucky, no need for PayPal then

@Lucassot - Glad to hear it has grabbed your interest, NKP has been up there with LFS for years with me in terms of driving feel, it just lacked a playerbase to the game and/or AI racing. The great thing to remember with Assetto Corsa is that when the full version releases it will not only have multiplayer but it will have AI racing, be moddable like rFactor and have laser scanned tracks, official cars including Ferarri and BMW, and will have free(? to be confirmed) extras released over time. This is highly likely going to become my sim of choice if it continues along the path of the Tech Preview :) Now to go watch the vids you posted :)
Last edited by Mearehear on 24 Feb 13, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 23 Feb 13, 11:18 pm

If you want to get rid of the Assetto Corsa watermark that sits in the bottom left corner of the Tech Preview while driving, just downloading the following image and put it in you Assetto Corsa/Content/Textures folder

https://www.lfsforum.net/attachment.php ... 1361584357
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 24 Feb 13, 9:46 am

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby lucassot » 24 Feb 13, 10:16 am

Some of mine to share taken at 8:00AM sunrise :) Forgot to take off the track HUD & the watermark but you get the idea.

lucassot

Unread postby Mearehear » 24 Feb 13, 10:25 am

I'm so in love :D ..gimme gimme online now and I will be a happy man!

Last edited by Mearehear on 25 Feb 13, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 25 Feb 13, 2:07 am

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Scarface.au » 25 Feb 13, 6:02 pm

Nice! Well, finally managed to purchase.... will let you know my thoughts when downloaded :D
Disclaimer: Views above are strictly my own opinion. If you don't like it.. Well you can fill in the rest.
Scarface.au

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mearehear » 25 Feb 13, 6:07 pm

Scarface.au wrote:Nice! Well, finally managed to purchase.... will let you know my thoughts when downloaded :D

Great stuff :D Looking forward to seeing what you think. Expect an underpowered, understeery type car with the Lotus that take a bit of balance to get speed from, and quite a fun little track with a few great corners.

EDIT - Plus you absolutely must give netKar a try now you own it, especially the Formula Target (F3)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby lucassot » 25 Feb 13, 6:19 pm

Let us know what you think. I am loving it so far, just trying it with the wheel today finally. PB of a low 26 so far, still some seconds to find around the place!

Edit: Doc s> Assetto Corsa > cfg >camera_onboard.ini to change FOV if on a single monitor, if running triples it is in the game ;)
lucassot

Unread postby Scarface.au » 25 Feb 13, 8:17 pm

Well; somewhat reminiscent of iRacing and the solstice in the way the car handles, but it feels much more natural. Graphics are silky smooth, running at an average of 150fps so it looks the goods :)

managed a 24.7 so far, but I'm still getting used to the feel.

I'm going to say that I am impressed at this point :)
Scarface.au

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mearehear » 25 Feb 13, 9:04 pm

Id agree with the iRacing comparison, for the most part it feels very similar, but seems to hold that feeling of contact and weight better and consistently. It does remind me of the first time I took the Solstice out on Lime Rock :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PC Gaming Chat