Coke Unleashed

Re: Coke Unleashed

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 5 Dec 10, 10:43 am

Mr_Cyberpunk wrote:You all suck, Coke Classic is the best. Cept the only place that sells it is Mexico.

Coke Classic is the standard Coke you can buy everywhere. They just stopped printing it on the labels cause "New Coke" wasn't on the market any more.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby jadeelee5877 » 21 Jan 13, 1:35 pm

hi my name is jadee <surname removed> and i have been collecting codes for a awhile but being 16 i am unable to buy them often because my parents wont buy them often so if anyone has any spare codes that they are not using please email the codes to me at (Admin Edit: Removed) an example of what the codes look like (TCOJXLY7XKCT) they are found on the label of coke bottles but they are only in Australia thankyou

Admin Edit: Email address/Suname removed, please PM this user if you wish to assist.
Last edited by jadeelee5877 on 21 Jan 13, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jadeelee5877

n00bie

Unread postby Ralph Wiggum » 21 Jan 13, 1:40 pm

Side prize: diabetes and weight gain!

/jks

I sometimes drink coke zero. But yeah the amount of sugar in these things has really put me off soft drinks.
Ralph Wiggum

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Chucky » 21 Jan 13, 1:47 pm

jadeelee5877 wrote:hi my name is jadee

Welcome to the forums and strange 2 year old necro :P

P.S, Posting your email Addy on a public forum generally leads to spam/abuse so I think you would be better asking people to Private Message you.

PPS, How is your Horse going?
Chucky

Unread postby Matty » 21 Jan 13, 2:16 pm

Might want to remove full name too Chucky.

Admin Edit: Done, Cheers Matty :D
Matty

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Bicketybam » 21 Jan 13, 3:15 pm

Ralph Wiggum wrote:I sometimes drink coke zero. But yeah the amount of sugar in these things has really put me off soft drinks.

I stopped drinking any soft drinks from early last year, only drink water now (maybe the odd cup of tea or coffee).

But have people seen the latest campaign to Rethink Soft Drinks? The average soft drink (600ml) has 16 cubes of sugar in it. That just blows my mind and I'm glad i stopped drinking them. Wow. :shock:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/424984/2 ... PzTuGcahqF

Also saw this from an American campaign on it.

32 Ounces = approx 950ml (just shy of a litre bottle) so the 2nd drink is a 2lt drink
ImageImage
" " - Silent Bob

Gamers can really come across with a pathetically huge sense of self entitlement at times
Bicketybam

Senior TF2 Admin

Unread postby exe3 » 21 Jan 13, 3:24 pm

I've never drunk softdrink, can't stand fizzy drinks (or spicy foods).
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby Bek » 21 Jan 13, 3:27 pm

2L takeaway soft drink? That's ****.
What can change the nature of a man?
Bek

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Merkin » 21 Jan 13, 3:55 pm

I've got about 34 codes if anyone wants them
Merkin

Regular

Unread postby jadeelee5877 » 21 Jan 13, 5:23 pm

Chucky wrote:
jadeelee5877 wrote:hi my name is jadee

Welcome to the forums and strange 2 year old necro :P

P.S, Posting your email Addy on a public forum generally leads to spam/abuse so I think you would be better asking people to Private Message you.

PPS, How is your Horse going?

yes didn't have much choice anyway it removed it , and what horse?
jadeelee5877

n00bie

Unread postby Mearehear » 21 Jan 13, 5:28 pm

Bek wrote:2L takeaway soft drink? That's America.

Fixed :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Chucky » 21 Jan 13, 5:30 pm

jadeelee5877 wrote:and what horse?

The email address you posted came up in another post on another forum talking about your Horse and how much assistance you needed (even has the same name).

Edit: This horse http://board.horsechannel.com/Topic4418 ... x#bm441921 (post at the top of the page)

Oh and it was me that removed your email addy (Please do not edit it back in but rather keep it to PM)
Chucky

Unread postby Nekosan » 21 Jan 13, 8:44 pm

Wyld"

Where's my Chinotto game :)[/quote]

That new av is FABULOUS Wild :lol:

[quote="bishopoz wrote:
coke zero is the shizzle.... better than coke anyways :)

but yea , havnt heard of this yet either....

Having never tasted it before and being the recent owner of a full carton of Zero, i feel qualified to tell you that you need to stop eating spicy foods and let your palate recover... Coke Zero is probably the worst soda i have ever tasted.

Ralph Wiggum wrote:Side prize: diabetes and weight gain!

/jks

I sometimes drink coke zero. But yeah the amount of sugar in these things has really put me off soft drinks.

In a lot of cases you need to look out for the salt in them too, many soda contain as much or more salt than sugar.
Nekosan

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby wayne19540 » 21 Jan 13, 9:31 pm

When I was a young lad and drinking Coca-Cola and now to drink it its definitely not the same taste the taste of Coca-Cola has change
and keeps on changing over the years.

Coca-Cola used to contain cocaine
Origins: Coca-Cola was named back in 1885 for its two "medicinal" ingredients: extract of coca leaves and kola nuts. Just how much cocaine was originally in the formulation is hard to determine, but the drink undeniably contained some cocaine in its early days. Frederick Allen describes the public attitude towards cocaine that existed as Coca-Cola's developers worked on perfecting their formula in 1891:
The first stirrings of a national debate had begun over the negative aspects of cocaine, and manufacturers were growing defensive over charges that use of their products might lead to "cocainism" or the "cocaine habit". The full-throated fury against cocaine was still a few years off, and Candler and Robinson were anxious to continue promoting the supposed benefits of the coca leaf, but there was no reason to risk putting more than a tiny bit of coca extract in their syrup. They cut the amount to a mere trace.
Allen also explains that cocaine continued to be an ingredient in the syrup in order to protect the trade name "Coca-Cola":
But neither could Candler take the simple step of eliminating the fluid extract of coca leaves from the formula. Candler believed that his product's name had to be descriptive, and that he must have at least some by-product of the coca leaf in the syrup (along with some kola) to protect his right to the name Coca-Cola. Protecting the name was critical. Candler had no patent on the syrup itself. Anyone could make an imitation. But no one could put the label "Coca-Cola" on an imitation so long as Candler owned the name. The name was the thing of real value, and the registered trademark was its only safeguard. Coca leaves had to stay in the syrup.
How much cocaine was in that "mere trace" is impossible to say, but we do know that by 1902 it was as little as 1/400 of a grain of cocaine per ounce of syrup. Coca-Cola didn't become completely cocaine-free until 1929, but there was scarcely any of the drug left in the drink by then:
By Heath's calculation, the amount of ecgonine [an alkaloid in the coca leaf that could be synthesized to create cocaine] was infinitesimal: no more than one part in 50 million. In an entire year's supply of 25-odd million gallons of Coca-Cola syrup, Heath figured, there might be six-hundredths of an ounce of cocaine.
So, yes, at one time there was cocaine in Coca-Cola. But before you're tempted to run off claiming Coca-Cola turned generations of drinkers into dope addicts, consider the following: back in 1885 it was far from uncommon to use cocaine in patent medicines (which is what Coca-Cola was originally marketed as) and other medical potions. When it first became general knowledge that cocaine could be harmful, the backroom chemists who comprised Coca-Cola at the time (long before it became the huge company we now know) did everything they could with the technology they had available at the time to remove every trace of cocaine from the beverage. What was left behind (until the technology improved enough for it all to be removed) wasn't enough to give a fly a buzz.

Last edited by wayne19540 on 21 Jan 13, 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayne19540

GON's coolest grandpa

Unread postby Nightstaar » 21 Jan 13, 9:38 pm

Bicketybam wrote:
Ralph Wiggum wrote:I sometimes drink coke zero. But yeah the amount of sugar in these things has really put me off soft drinks.

I stopped drinking any soft drinks from early last year, only drink water now (maybe the odd cup of tea or coffee).

But have people seen the latest campaign to Rethink Soft Drinks? The average soft drink (600ml) has 16 cubes of sugar in it. That just blows my mind and I'm glad i stopped drinking them. Wow. :shock:

I'm the same. Stopped drinking them completely about half way through last year (perhaps the odd can). Feel so much better for it. I had 2 cans of Pepsi tonight at a BBQ and feel terrible.

I knew they had a lot of sugar, but that's insane!
Nightstaar

Story Teller

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat