Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Unread postby DarkMellie » 22 Jan 13, 9:38 pm

After a stack of hours in CoP, I was quite surprised at how much smaller a place it felt. Initially, it's a wide-open land and you really feel like you're discovering the place, but after a while you just know that the next area is over that hill, or past that tree.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby Rodimus86 » 22 Jan 13, 9:55 pm

Artful-dodgeR wrote:Wife's been playing Binding of Isaac, she absolutely loves it (as do I). I love coming across random games like this that are so damn hard to finish.

That's probably why i don't get a respond when i message on steam, next time gadget...

I should really play Darksiders 1 then purchase 2 and finish it and then the new DmC, or should i just go straight to DmC ? I've been a fan for a bit and loved the games.
Sent from my AWSM-PT4T0 using ImaDouche 4.7
Rodimus86

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 23 Jan 13, 6:30 am

I told her to respond with a slew of insults, cat-related jokes and random Jewish potato quotes.

She was unimpressed.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Bek » 23 Jan 13, 8:56 am

steve_rogers42 wrote:Heh I like the bc over the vss... I used complete when I came out for soc and cs... if I had nets I would grab it... gotta work my way back to nimble, never used him in the first game but rocking a exo mechanism suit and picked up an eliminator thanks to a well timed dash for cover in a hole mixed with bandits an zombies...

Gonna try and pick up a sniper. Usually just rock a modded obakan for long range and a shotty or bc for cq... ammos such a drag to pickup...

Lulz forgot I happened across more rpg ammo. Best for clearing controllers

Vintar BC is the in-game name for the VSS Vintorez (In vanilla stalker they don't use the real gun names). If you want a slight spoiler but pro tip for nimble, save before you order and be prepared to lose the time waiting for your order if you have to reload because you didn't get what you wanted. That's if you're wanting something specific anyway.
What can change the nature of a man?
Bek

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby exe3 » 23 Jan 13, 10:28 am

Just downloaded Path of Exile but i'm gonna wait for that final character wipe in 20 hours before I start playing. :) For now back to Darksiders 2! :D
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby Ashigaru » 23 Jan 13, 10:33 am

So I'm only like a year behind, but finally gave Day Z a go. Why is it is so compelling? It's a helluva lot of fun! I just need to not get shot by other players and I'll be ok :B
Ashigaru

Story Teller

Unread postby An71c1p473d » 23 Jan 13, 10:55 am

I've just got Limbo. An Indie game. Has anyone finished the game and what do you think about it? I've just started but I don't want to expect something high of it and then it gives me a crappy ending like Little Inferno.
An71c1p473d

Regular

Unread postby Bek » 23 Jan 13, 11:05 am

Haven't played it myself, but I've only heard good things about Limbo.
What can change the nature of a man?
Bek

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 23 Jan 13, 12:32 pm

Limbo was a great little time waster, bloody difficult though!!
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby exe3 » 23 Jan 13, 12:38 pm

Fun little game Limbo was.

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby An71c1p473d » 23 Jan 13, 2:25 pm

Artful-dodgeR wrote:Limbo was a great little time waster, bloody difficult though!!

Pfff. I know what you mean by Difficult. I'm half way and boy, its difficult. I'm not sure what its about though. Is he dead and he's trying to get to the other side, meaning heaven or hell?
An71c1p473d

Regular

Unread postby DarkMellie » 23 Jan 13, 3:55 pm

Thinking of replaying Metro 2033 and not being lazy this time, I want to save the Dark Ones.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby tranquil » 23 Jan 13, 4:04 pm

I need to finish Metro 2033, i **** my pants on one level and haven't gone back to it yet :lol:
tranquil

Unread postby DarkMellie » 23 Jan 13, 4:08 pm

I grabbed the Ranger DLC for my Xbox version, a super-hard walkthrough with limited ammo.. GodDAMN, the base experience has limited ammo already, I can't imagine fending of a Nosalisk with less than I already had.

Would love to see manufacturing in Metro Last Light. Finding the parts to create new weapon recipes (ala Dead Rising) would be super-cool.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby exe3 » 23 Jan 13, 4:58 pm

I liked Metro 2033 but I disliked how many elements they used only once. eg: the ghosts. You see them in one section of the game and their encounters are 100% scripted. They could have done so much more with stuff like that. Hopefully they did with Last Light now that they have more freedom from not having to follow the book.

exe3

Forum Bot

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat