Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Unread postby Mearehear » 30 Dec 12, 10:56 pm

SupCom is always good :D I mainly played 2 though. Co-op VS AI is a blast.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby exe3 » 30 Dec 12, 11:03 pm

Only the original for us. :P We do coop mainly but versing each other is entertaining when we do do it. :D Wish the game used multiple cores though, in long games the AI slowly causes the game to slow to a crawl, 1 in-game second turns into 4 IRL, at that stage we just quit. :(
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby DarkMellie » 31 Dec 12, 12:35 am

Spent the night flying.

Learned how to start-up, take-off, manage weapons and use the doppler radar on the F15C. The radar is crazy complicated and while I was able to lock a few targets, no kills for me tonight.

So then I loaded up the A-10C and nailed a stack of armour kills.

Then it was onto the Georgian Hammer campaign (A10)... fam-flight was fun, so rarely do I actually live long enough to land and this one was perfect. Second mission was made so much easier by finally reading the Mission Planner beforehand. Made sure I had AWACS tuned in on the VHF AM and noted where the hostiles were position (feels a little cheap but it is on offer and it can be next to impossible to spot otherwise... these two groups of BMPs were each a mile or so off the target waypoint and that could have been 20 minutes of circling and searching).

Also, loving iControl DCS, the iPad app that repeats my MFCD's, radio stacks and more... I just have it sitting in-front of me and I can manipulate key instruments on the Hog. Amazingly useful and immersive.

More tomorrow night. As always, I welcome any co-pilots! I'll be flying from around 11pm Monday and Tuesday night.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby Novocaine » 31 Dec 12, 3:09 am

Disco LT wrote:The only downside to programs like Steam, Origin, UpLay etc, is that whenever I want to actually play a particular game it wants to update :evil:

If you go into properties on Steam you can suspend future updating or some ****.
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Disco LT » 31 Dec 12, 6:47 am

Novocaine wrote:
Disco LT wrote:The only downside to programs like Steam, Origin, UpLay etc, is that whenever I want to actually play a particular game it wants to update :evil:

If you go into properties on Steam you can suspend future updating or some ****.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind for the single player only games in future :D Glad to see the Steam app on Android works really well, it was **** on the iPad when I had one.
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby exe3 » 31 Dec 12, 8:16 am

You can try it but back when I was still on dial-up it would still download the updates 90% off the time.

Ok so let's try again. Today i'm going to try and plough through AC3 or finish Spec Ops. Ready set go! :P

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby Mearehear » 31 Dec 12, 8:27 am

exe3 wrote:Only the original for us. :P

Yeah a lot prefer the originals, and I have all 3, but I prefer SupCom 2 myself. Haven't got any of them installed at the moment but might have to again soon. Probably my favorite RTS.

exe3 wrote:We do coop mainly but versing each other is entertaining when we do do it. :D

Is a couple of maps in SupCom 2 that really allow for a onesided battle (as in placed out well for 3 vs 1 etc) Playing against a cheating AI is pretty fun coop like that :)

exe3 wrote:Wish the game used multiple cores though, in long games the AI slowly causes the game to slow to a crawl, 1 in-game second turns into 4 IRL, at that stage we just quit. :(

Ha yeah it can bring a system to its knees :(
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby tacitus42 » 31 Dec 12, 9:12 am

exe3 wrote:Only the original for us. :P We do coop mainly but versing each other is entertaining when we do do it. :D Wish the game used multiple cores though, in long games the AI slowly causes the game to slow to a crawl, 1 in-game second turns into 4 IRL, at that stage we just quit. :(

ooh ooh there's a program that can fix this but I've forgotten what it's called! it works a treat though.
tacitus42

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mearehear » 31 Dec 12, 11:26 am

Just going to put myself on record to say, Ace of Spades is now definitely 100% playable and silly fun. :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby exe3 » 31 Dec 12, 2:11 pm

Dat Phosphorous scene.

Hidden: show
I actually thought it would've had no effect on me given the hype but that was pretty impressive seeing the scene before and after. For a second I thought its use early was suppose to be the scene but I was sure you'd end up using it and sure enough you did. Also as soon as I saw the trench I knew it was full of civilians, I tried to only hit the truck but everything got hit. T_T

I'm going to assume its part of the storytelling and how Walker is apparently becoming insane that when you saw the phosphorous be used it wasn't that bad but when you used it yourself it was devastating.

Is it possible to choose to not use the phosphorous like you could choose to save Gould or not?

exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby Rodimus86 » 31 Dec 12, 2:16 pm

Mearehear wrote:Just going to put myself on record to say, Ace of Spades is now definitely 100% playable and silly fun. :)

This.
Sent from my AWSM-PT4T0 using ImaDouche 4.7
Rodimus86

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mearehear » 31 Dec 12, 10:30 pm

Too...many...awesome...games...to...play...Don't...know....where....to...start! :shock:

*Yep, First world problems
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Novocaine » 1 Jan 13, 3:34 am

So the new Rage DLC gives you a new gun that can switch between a nail gun, rebar launcher and rail slug gun. It's **** awesome. Forgot how fun Rage was.
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

Unread postby Thrice » 1 Jan 13, 4:20 am

Mearehear wrote:Too...many...awesome...games...to...play...Don't...know....where....to...start! :shock:

*Yep, First world problems

I doubt I will even install half the games I bought in the steam sale.

You win Gaben, you win.
Thrice

Padawan

Unread postby Novocaine » 1 Jan 13, 4:46 am

I've started sending them to my inventory rather than straight to my library. I'll add them in when I decide to play them. Otherwise they double up as gifts if I ever decide I don't want to play them.
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat