iRacing

Re: iRacing

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 5:51 pm

How you finding it so far then RaTTuS?

Speed will come in time with laps. Certainly hard to pull out good runs with background distractions.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby RaTTuS007 » 10 Aug 13, 6:06 pm

Mearehear wrote:How you finding it so far then RaTTuS?

Speed will come in time with laps. Certainly hard to pull out good runs with background distractions.

Quite enjoying it actually, I've been playing arcade style racers for so long I spent alot of laps holding in the reset button haha. Going to do some most testing on okyama once my daughter goes to bed so I can familerise myself with the track more spent most of my time on limerock so far started with around 1:10 in the mazda and down to low 1:03's and can string a few consistant laps together.
RaTTuS007

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby DarkMellie » 10 Aug 13, 7:17 pm

Forgot to add my screenshots from 'the race that Stev stuffed'.

ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 8:14 pm

Totally going to create a Stev meme :lol:

About to do my first race for the week, I have a bad feeling about it already for some reason...watch this space :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby lucassot » 10 Aug 13, 9:12 pm

RaTTuS007 wrote:

Quite enjoying it actually, I've been playing arcade style racers for so long I spent alot of laps holding in the reset button haha. Going to do some most testing on okyama once my daughter goes to bed so I can familerise myself with the track more spent most of my time on limerock so far started with around 1:10 in the mazda and down to low 1:03's and can string a few consistant laps together.

That's good progress getting into the 3's that quickly. Best goal early on is to string laps together with little to no incident. Try do this with other cars around you in a live practive session. The lap times will come down the more consistency you develop :) Oh & usually you will get higher up the field in a race just by being consistent & seeing others go off track over & over.
lucassot

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 9:22 pm

Gah so could have had a win then! Was no Rileys at all in my split, just us Mclarens, and I started from 3rd. By then end of lap 2 I was up to 2nd and within 3 seconds of the leader. A few laps later I shifted down too fast, got stuck in neutral and dropped back to 3rd. Chasing hard on 2nds tail, I misjudged the width of my car and slightly touched the grass while braking..backward into the sand I go. Thankfully only cost me a few seconds and 1 position, now running in 4th. Managed to get back up to 3rd, but the gap was too much to 1st and 2nd. I had their pace, and even finished the race with the 2nd fastest lap. Small SR and iR gained, what could have been.

Will likely do the next race too!
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby lucassot » 10 Aug 13, 9:54 pm

Heh bad luck, at least you didn't fall all the way back & get damage etc. I just got home, will probably watch the start of the next race for a bit before I go to bed. No pressure or anything :D
lucassot

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 10:02 pm

haha, damn now I know it will all go wrong lol!
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby RaTTuS007 » 10 Aug 13, 10:05 pm

lucassot wrote:
RaTTuS007 wrote:

That's good progress getting into the 3's that quickly. Best goal early on is to string laps together with little to no incident. Try do this with other cars around you in a live practive session. The lap times will come down the more consistency you develop :) Oh & usually you will get higher up the field in a race just by being consistent & seeing others go off track over & over.

Yeh cheers. Ill try getting into some live practice sessons and a start into to some rookie races. Might put in a request for a g27 for Christmas this year as ive only got a thrustmaster ferrari wheel and while its has excellent response I want a clutch and h pattern stick shift

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
RaTTuS007

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby lucassot » 10 Aug 13, 11:10 pm

The race was interesting enough that I watched the whole thing lol. Pretty tough battle for 1st position there Mearehear, you guys lapped very closely. Some 10th's gained & lost throughout the race. Traffic played a big part near the end, bad luck on the spin :( Did you receive any damage in turn 1 with that small tangle?

edit: LOL at the leader running out of fuel, congrats mate! :D I posted the above with 2 or so laps to go haha.
lucassot

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 11:20 pm

haha yeah I got lucky there, about time luck went my way! Before that I had clipped the kerb letting that DP through and it total sent the car off, was SOOOO pissed! ...Lap one, turn 1 game of chicken with Stev, Stev came off 2nd best LOL (no damage, just unsettled me..then in last turn a few laps later I had a stutter mid turn which put me off a little and made me run wide)

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :lol: and thanks :)

EDIT -

EDIT 2 - Just checked, that was my first win since 2010!
Last edited by Mearehear on 10 Aug 13, 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Sponge » 10 Aug 13, 11:23 pm

I tried to join your race Meare but I got put in the higher split where I was completely out matched having only just picked this car up, oh well kept it tidy and picked a few spots for 7th.
Sponge

Regular

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 11:27 pm

Yeah the splits seem to have been splitting at higher iR tonight, I expected to be in the top split but ended up in the 2nd, probably lucky for me! Normally the race earlier than that one doesn't split, (8:45EST) so its a good chance for us all to race together :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Sponge » 10 Aug 13, 11:28 pm

yeah, I was all ready to join that one then I got distracted watching the cricket
Sponge

Regular

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 11:31 pm

:lol: I have given up on cricket. Will be doing the same two races tomorrow most likely :)

EDIT - gonna do one more..I am sure I will regret this!

EDIT 2 - Ended up doing 2 more for a total of 4 races tonight..at 45mins each that has been a fair workout :lol:. These last 2 were much tougher grids too.

Super happy with things in Grand AM, have lifted my SR from the lowly 1.39 the other week back up to 4.59 now. Also had a string of solid results, sometimes down the field but nearly always finishing above my rating (your car number in a race in directly related to your iRating rank for the race, so finishing higher than your number is a positive)

A pretty solid run since jumping into Grand AM

Picked up an Award too :D

Sad to say I will be passing on the V8 now and just driving Grand AM, feel much more at home in it :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

PreviousNext

Return to iRacing