iRacing

Re: iRacing

Unread postby Mearehear » 9 Aug 13, 3:46 pm

Hopefully the Oculus Rift will do away with the expense of triples :)

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby lucassot » 9 Aug 13, 4:11 pm

Yeah my lap times improved once adjusting my FOV after using 80 something for ages. I normally sit around 65ish but the other day lowered it more to 55 & feels fantastic after doing some laps. Feels a lot more natural & I feel more 'in the zone.' And this is for single monitor, if I had the room I would of done it ages ago but with this whole rift thing coming along nicely it looks like that may be the way to go for me. Looks great.

Lol Mellie at least for me I will never get to alien status! I'm pretty sure years ago I remember Mearehear having blazingly quick times in the V8 on iracing. Alien contender he is :)
lucassot

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby v4moose » 9 Aug 13, 4:12 pm

i want a rift sosososo bad

time to do 10 TT events to get my SR up. going to do it in F1 around watkins to maximies CPT (corners per time)

wish me luck - currently at 1.1 :p
Last edited by v4moose on 9 Aug 13, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hit me up on Steam!
A really annoying sig used to be here
v4moose

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby lucassot » 9 Aug 13, 4:14 pm

I haven't thought too much of it until today when I saw that iracing video. Would be so good for sims like arma & racing.
lucassot

Unread postby Mearehear » 9 Aug 13, 4:48 pm

lucassot wrote: I'm pretty sure years ago I remember Mearehear having blazingly quick times in the V8 on iracing. Alien contender he is :)

:lol: The older I get the faster I was!

EDIT - Btw, I read the F1 car is getting the latest tyre model within the next week. As an old fan of the F1 car but current hater of its handling on the NTM this could blow me away :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby v4moose » 9 Aug 13, 5:49 pm

u sure it hasn't been done already? i it pretty dam drivable right now
Hit me up on Steam!
A really annoying sig used to be here
v4moose

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Mearehear » 9 Aug 13, 5:52 pm

Nah it's not yet. Even heaps of the World Series drivers skipped the last round due to it being so sucky. It's the low speed handling of it that is quite terrible, especially if you have done a reasonable amount of driving on it in the past (pre NTM). To get it to drive "decent" now requires silly settings with caster. NTMv5 should help that low speed feel nicely.

http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts ... 07942.page
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby lucassot » 9 Aug 13, 6:48 pm

Gonna try run the race that starts in an hour & a half time. Will be trying to get some consistent laps going in the meantime, I'll be on TS if anyone hops on.
lucassot

Unread postby Matty » 9 Aug 13, 7:01 pm

So I put my G27 back together and should be racing again
Homercles care not for beans.
Matty

Forum Bot

Unread postby lucassot » 9 Aug 13, 8:34 pm

Well had to be my turn next so suffer the lap 1 heroes, this idiot with 400 ping was all over me during pace lap wouldn't let it rest, got me contact as well. After last turn, he tries to squeeze in 3 wide right after the turn finishes, hits me off I go, car is destroyed. GG.

Tried to go out with main repairs but car is destroyed, doing the optional ones now. I want to go back out on track just so I don't lose massive SR. :(

edit: Came out after nearly 10 mins of a pit stop, went off track & spun once. Car was in half decent shape so I did the rest of the race, came 8th starting from 6th in my class. Ugh so annoying! It wasn't even a lap 1 hero, it was a lap 0 hero! Lost a tiny bit of SR & iR, but I wonder how much I would of lost if I just disconnected? Hmm.

edit2: Stev also got taken out by the lap 0 hero, we were both in the pits lol.

edit3: Did the next race also, started 3rd, was running 3rd & battling for 2nd until 2/3 into the race a DP rear ends me because he can't wait 10 metres for me to pull over after the bend. Had to repair, had a few incidents after trying to keep my car together and finished 9th. So frustrating. Even worse he went on without a hitch to finish 3rd in his class!
lucassot

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 2:26 am

Bad luck there Sot :( Getting taken out by the faster cars is never fun either. I have used the new binds option to set "pass left" & "pass right" onto my wheel, so that way I can try to preempt them coming up on me and have more influence over them. Haven't been hit once since doing it.

Fell asleep on the sofa after dinner and so didn't get to put any laps in till just now. Did a few prac laps then hit up a qual session. Down to a 1.08.7 as my qual lap so far. Also gain 0.52 SR in just one qual session :D Will try some races tomorrow.

...and :lol:@Stev!

Edit - Better see you on track over the weekend Matty :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby lucassot » 10 Aug 13, 11:31 am

I see people using them but on my wheel I only have 2 buttons & that's to look left & right, plus keyboard is out of reach while racing. Since returning to iracing I have mics muted during races which helps me focus a lot more so I can't verbally say it either. Will have to work something out.

That's a nice time, I rushed my qualy session, couldn't nail a lap & the best I got was 9.1 I think. PB is 8.4 hoping to improve it.
lucassot

Unread postby lucassot » 10 Aug 13, 3:29 pm

Finally got a clean race in this afternoon, started 2nd in the McLaren & the opening 20 minutes there were 3 of us constantly exchanging positions for 2nd place. It was sooooo tense. I could feel I was faster than 1 of the guys (not by much though), but the other was quicker than me. In the end I was sitting in 3rd after passing the slightly slower guy & with 3 or so laps to go the guy in 2nd had spun out so I claimed 2nd spot back & took it to the flag!

Below is how close we were for the opening 10 - 12 laps of Road America.

lucassot

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Aug 13, 5:29 pm

Good Stuff! I think RA breeds close racing, some of my most enjoyable races have happened around this circuit in different cars. Hoping to put in a race or two tonight.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby RaTTuS007 » 10 Aug 13, 5:44 pm

Joined a qualifying session on the okyama track in the mazda cup and peeled off a few laps, slow laps at that, ended up having to leave though as my kids wouldn't leave me alone long enough to get into, will have another shot later on tonight
RaTTuS007

Jedi Upstart

PreviousNext

Return to iRacing