Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Relax, kick those feet up. Enjoy a few laughs and take it easy.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Apr 13, 3:45 pm

Artful-dodgeR wrote:Neg, current job. Next step for that other career is in June. Bugger about the job, just keep swimming!

Plan to mate, got nothing better to do ;)

Ashigaru wrote:
Take the positives mate, that's a bloody good sign that you were almost there (meaning if the other person turned it down you're in!)

Keep working hard and giving the interviews a crack :)

That's it, will keep plodding along until something comes up, at the very least if I'm still with my company in November I'll get a bonus :lol: Doesn't make up for my **** job but I'm a lot better off than some people, at least I have full time work while looking for a new job!

And I was off to the dentist again today, two fillings.. almost made it to 28 without a filling damnit, back next week for one more and I should be set for the next seven to ten years >.> Got home and broke the virginity of the weights bench I bought a while ago, finally set all my weights up yesterday and cracked into my first upper body session.. all I can say is that I'm **** embarrassed at how low I've fallen, only place to go is up though (I swear a baby could lift more).
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Dean » 22 Apr 13, 7:21 pm

Doesn't matter how much you're throwing around in the strong room, only matters that you're doing something.
Dean

Story Teller

Unread postby Katamara » 22 Apr 13, 8:46 pm

Survived a twitter attack today. My friends are saying I'm the new Richards and started coming up with a clever name to the standard of donglegate. I stopped looking at my twitter feed but my phone kept going nuts for two hours. I was talking to the guy from the LAN and still my twitter was calling me a troll and **** stirrer while vibrating in my ear. Turned off notifications after I got off the phone (lovely guy too! very understanding. Previously when I've tried to 'complain', I was told to just deal with it. This was the first time I actually felt good afterwards), had a cup of tea and a lay down :D I miss my cat though, I could have used cuddles.

It's only the third time I've experienced this sort of public bashing from strangers and I'm getting so much better at it. Strangely every time it happens it's because I've spoken out about experiences I've had with sexist -cough-. Also that no one ever denies that I've experienced it, they just get pissed off at the fact I spoke out about it.

Hopefully it gets to a point where this sort of stuff doesn't happen and when it does, people are not only able to speak out but encouraged to.
Katamara

Padawan

Unread postby Makena » 22 Apr 13, 9:26 pm

That all sounds entirely awful Katamara, hopefully it does get to a stage where you won't have to deal with this ****.

Had my jaw x-ray done today, 1 step closer to getting wisdom teeth removed.
Makena

Has 1 million gon bucks

Unread postby Mythor » 22 Apr 13, 9:31 pm

People stirring **** on Twitter? :-o
Check Twitter settings on your phone, should be an option to only get notifications from people you follow. It's a good sanity saver!
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby DarkMellie » 22 Apr 13, 10:17 pm

Had a Nasal Manometry today, easily the most disgusting thing to happen to me in forever. The tube they whacked down there was at least the size of a weightlifter's thigh and the nurse had zero compassion with my obvious difficulty in handling it.

On the second try, when she said "we have kids do this" I told her off. "This is obviously extremely stressful to me and trying to shame me isn't helping at all. If you calm down I'll calm down". She calmed down.

Now I have a tube up my nose and a computer around my waist, I feel absolutely pitiful.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby Katamara » 22 Apr 13, 11:53 pm

Mythor wrote:People stirring **** on Twitter? :-o
Check Twitter settings on your phone, should be an option to only get notifications from people you follow. It's a good sanity saver!

Thanks for this awesome tip! I've changed it now. It was hard to talk to the guy while my ear was vibrating off. I do like how people think they know the whole story from a 140 character or less tweet.

They are still going :P Calling the site I write for a troll site wanting 'efame'. Because yeah, any site that calls out sexist behaviour has been filled with such great publicity. Sites that get the 'efame' are those that don't touch these issues unless it's telling 'females' to get over it. The only articles that I have written that attract negative and abusive comments are the ones like #1reasonwhy.

It makes me glad for places like here :D
Katamara

Padawan

Unread postby MuscularTeeth » 23 Apr 13, 8:33 am

the factory across the road is closing its doors and auctioning all its equipment/plant/stock to pay off their debtors.
another manufacturing company bites the dust. this particular one was into folding/bending steel - primarily for vehicles but not only.
when you cant stay afloat bending things, its dire news. poor bender would be unemployed.
MUSCULARTEETH - Many things, mostly to do with Art.
MuscularTeeth

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Matty » 23 Apr 13, 10:01 am

Matty

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 23 Apr 13, 10:38 am

Beat me by this much Matty :P
wow
so signatur
such post
BBCode ON
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Disco LT » 23 Apr 13, 10:58 am

Is it a full moon or something? Everyone I've spoken to on the phone today has either been an imbecile or a complete idiot and I'm in no mood for it today.
Disco LT

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 23 Apr 13, 11:31 am

It would seem it's just today Disco, I'm putting up with the same **** from people paid double what I do. Wish I could sit around drinking coffee/taking smokos for $160k -_-

So sick of big business.
wow
so signatur
such post
BBCode ON
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Disco LT » 23 Apr 13, 11:47 am

Artful-dodgeR wrote:It would seem it's just today Disco, I'm putting up with the same **** from people paid double what I do. Wish I could sit around drinking coffee/taking smokos for $160k -_-

So sick of big business.

Maybe I'm just going through withdrawls, decided to not drink during the week and it's only bloody Tuesday!
Disco LT

Unread postby Mythor » 23 Apr 13, 12:12 pm

Disco LT wrote:imbecile or a complete idiot
Those're synonyms.
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby Otto-matic » 23 Apr 13, 12:25 pm

Bad thing about letting a game download overnight, now I'm angry at work because I have to sit here for another 5 hours before I can go home and play it :(
Otto-matic

Story Teller

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler