Frank Darabont (Walking Dead, Green Mile) writing Godzilla!

Forum for the discussions of all things media related

Frank Darabont (Walking Dead, Green Mile) writing Godzilla!

Unread postby Nemesis_22 » 23 Jan 13, 4:28 pm

Okay, some of us, if not most of us, remember the Roland Emmerich Godzilla. We also remember it being a giant, whopping stinker of a film.

But this? This I'm interested in. A lot.

Darabonte has a proven and astonishing track record with his films, and his writing. He's a serious guy, who treats his source material with a lot of respect when he uses it. He knows where it comes from, and he also knows it is absolutely NOT his place to **** all over it.

So, hearing that he's in charge of the writing of Godzilla? Extreme hopefulness of the subject. I believe it is set in Tokyo again, and I'm interested to see what it will lead to. Japan has seen it's fair share of disasters as of late (with more on the way, if the Mt Fuji blows, which is currently not a maybe but a certainty, it would seem, with the pressure build up at sixteen times the minimum needed and the fault line underneat it) and with the nuclear disaster of Fukushima, suddenly the idea of a force of nature like the Godzilla monster is much more terribly relevant.

The initial one sheet alone gives me hope. Here it is.

Nemesis_22

NWN DM

Re: Frank Darabont (Walking Dead, Green Mile) writing Godzil

Unread postby steve_rogers42 » 23 Jan 13, 5:40 pm

If toho give the thumbs up that's great. I hope to high hell they incorporate the original theme for the new adaptation. It's always been my favorite.... be interesting to see how they will make the monster but...
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
steve_rogers42

Tech Moderator

Unread postby Nekosan » 23 Jan 13, 5:41 pm

Darabont needs to stop being a douchebag and film "The Long Walk" already, he's had the rights for years.
Nekosan

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Nemesis_22 » 23 Jan 13, 5:57 pm

Steve - apparently the focus will be on making Godzilla a terrible force of nature wreaking ungodly amounts of havoc and ruin. I am okay with this, because I believe most of the orginal Godzilla's motivation was because of '**** Tokyo'.
Nemesis_22

NWN DM

Unread postby exe3 » 23 Jan 13, 6:07 pm

I actually remember enjoying the other Godzilla movie. :mrgreen: Been forever since i've last seen it though.
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby steve_rogers42 » 23 Jan 13, 8:30 pm

The original Godzilla is one of the few films I love to no end. The '**** Tokyo' sentiment is spot on. I love how it moved to 'nobody **** with my Tokyo' in the end... so much lulz.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
steve_rogers42

Tech Moderator

Unread postby Nekosan » 24 Jan 13, 2:16 am

Godzilla was a godsend, Japanese would rule the world if they didn't have to rebuild Tokyo every 6 months :lol:

I always preferred Gamera TBH, and the old Kong movie... that scene where he wishbones the T-rex's jaw was just dope.
Nekosan

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Return to Movies, TV, Books and Music