Brunius wrote:For instance, I had a problem where (apparently) you need the ArmA 2 addons folder in your Operation Arrowhead folder. Nowhere did it state this. A google didn't uncover this. It was sheer luck that someone on reddit suggested that fix and it worked.
Actually, it says on the wiki that the addons folder goes in the OA folder.
It also says on the wiki that you MUST have the OA game, and can run the free version of Arma II, which hints at the fact that OA is the important folder here.
1. Download DayZ Mod files. http://www.armafiles.info/dayz/
2. Make a folder named "@DayZ" in your Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory.
3. Inside "@DayZ" folder create another folder named "Addons". It should look like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\Addons
4. Unpack all DayZ Mod files in the "Addons" folder.
5. Start the game as instructed in ARMA2 beta patch