Moderator: ArmA Admins
Freeborne wrote:Well said. I agree with Baskerville!
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.
Freeborne wrote:I honestly don't care how young or old you are. I was referring to the masses of people on DayZ forums, who can only be kids judging by the IQ they display. People are coming in, with very little knowledge of ARMA2, which the entire DayZ "mod" is built upon, and saying the game should be standalone, and cost a monthly (or once off) fee. It's like saying "we love 10% of your game, but we want you to redesign the other 90% of it, coz ARMA2 sucks". Of course they don't believe that, but what they believe is 90% of the game is DayZ, and only 10% is ARMA2. That's uneducated nonsense!
It's a simple fact. DayZ is a "Mod" for ARMA2, and borrows most of it's cotent from the core game. Google for "ARMA2 Life" and you'll see several versions of "Life" mods for ARMA2, that transform the milsim game into something completely different. These mods have been around for years, have been free and created by volunteer community members, and have reached a much higher quality than DayZ.
DayZ is still brilliant. It's made something different than the other mods in how you play it, but otherwise all the ideas and features have already been around ARMA2 before, for years. The reason we have DayZ is also because BIS made ARMA2 open to community development. They've given us all the tools and documentation we need to make great mods like DayZ.
Yes, it's still hard to make mods, but that's not justification to sell it. Most people make mods because they enjoy it. Selling out just dishonours the modding community that release so much high quality content for free, because they enjoy doing it. It also reflects badly on the relationship with BIS, that support the modding community and try to encourage an open and sharing attitude. The only thing really holding DayZ back at the moment is that one person is doing most of the development.
Sky Monster wrote:Kids or no kids, I liked the mod better before it was popular. You could trust most people you came across because they had been playing arma2 for a while and knew that teamwork = success
I guess popularity problem applies to everything in life though... the more people you attract, the higher amount of idiots you will have to deal with.
welcome to the internet, enjoy your stay
Brunius wrote:Anyone looking to team up? I just died, and might be up for a team...
Disco LT wrote:My issue is that I just can't connect to any DayZ servers, whether they're empty, half full, or 3/4 full. Unable to connect, cannot connect..why the hell not?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests