After over a year of inactivity, the Rangers have returned to pile the Scourge corpses high!
Current Activities: The Rangers are only just now getting restarted after my months-long hiatus, so if you're interested in becoming a member, follow the instructions in the "How do I join?" section! Come on, what's the worst that could happen? *Whilst dodging Elite Succubus arrows*
On that note, you don't even have to be Mythic, level 40, 30, or even 20. You can join as low as level 5. Really.
I'm also trying to organize scheduling that will work for the majority of people, so if you're interested, go post down there and tell me what's available to you.
Oh, and that shiny picture up there? Yeah. That's the emblem. We finally have an emblem! \o/ The flower is an almond blossom, for anyone that's curious or is going to end up describing it sometime.
Also, if a kindly DM happens to look in here, could the old thread please be unstickied and this one stickied in its place? - Done, thank you Gotrek!
Here's a list of what we do!
* The Rangers primarily are an organized Scourge-hunting group, therefore, that is the top priority.
* Large organized dragon hunts are also frequent!
* Willing to help with major quests, even for non-members! (Unga, Blackavar, Omadon, Heart of the Scourge, etc.)
* Gathering rare and hard-to-get crafting ingredients in a more timely fashion than soloing
The Rangers can fill many other roles as well, these are just the main and most frequent ones. If you'd like to request aid from the group for an unusual task, please either post in this thread or send me a PM. We're also meant to be able to run just fine without DM intervention, though of course DM attention is always welcome! It's just meant to be so that we won't be crippled at all without a DM on the scene for every single session.
The standard meeting time will be Fridays at 8:00 PM (Sydney), at the Killing Fields (south of Tobaro).
The next session is yet to be announced
It's also worth mentioning that even though I'm in the US (and therefore 17 hours behind the Australian east coast timezone), I will always refer to scheduling in an Australian timezone, rather than my US timezone, to avoid confusion.
The killing Fields are located as shown on this minimap of the area south of Tobaro:
If you want to join the Rangers, please post here or PM me. However, there are certain criteria - but they're relatively loose rules and most are flexible to a point.
* The Rangers can be called a generally Neutral Good-aligned group, with some Chaotic tendencies. Therefore, good and neutral characters are typically in the best position for membership.
* However, evil characters may be allowed to join - but keep in mind that blatantly evil actions will not be tolerated, and there will be a close eye kept on you. This is on a case-by-case basis, since every character is different.
* If you are working with or wish to join the Scourge, you cannot join. (And probably shouldn't flaunt it in front of a Scourge-hunting group.)
* The Rangers are primarily a surfacer faction. However, Underdark characters may join (as long as they meet the other criteria).
* You must have an Enlistment Badge or an Underdark Army Badge. (By extension, this means that you must be at least level 5.)
* All character builds are welcome!
Upon joining, the character is expected to dedicate themselves to fighting the Scourge wherever they arise (to the best of their abilities). To affiliate with or join the Scourge will be regarded as the ultimate dishonor to the group, and the character will have their membership revoked without question.
If you're not sure whether your character will be allowed to join or not, please PM me with your questions/concerns.
Currently, the Rangers don't have a set ranking system (with lieutenants and the like). This might change in the future if everyone wants and agrees on a set ranking system. Also, if it's wanted, I'll make a public member list in this section. It would be totally optional whether you want your name here or not. (As a courtesy to characters that may want to hide their alliance with the Rangers)
For now, the only official ranking is: Arkuel Fay'drithe - Group Leader (played by me)
I'm willing to involve the Rangers in special events, such as PvP challenges, large DM-run plots, player-created stories, etc. If you have a special event you want the Rangers involved in specifically, please post here or PM me. I might also set up special events myself.
Edon Rangers emblem above drawn by me