Avengers

Forum for the discussions of all things media related

Re: Avengers

Unread postby exe3 » 5 May 12, 10:46 pm

Bicketybam wrote:
Loki wrote:I am a God! I am not going to be bullied...

and what follows is just classic. :lol:

:tdown: :tdown:

I completely expected it to not live up with what you said, omg I was wrong. Was so hilarious. :lol:

Movie in general was pretty epic. So many funnies that were actually funny despite often being silly and dumb. :D

Only negative was that it often didn't feel like a whole movie, only part of one, but pretty minor next to some epic fight scenes.

Was also surprised by arrow guy, he was pretty good with his arrows though I still feel everyone (even Thor to my surprise) took a backseat to Ironman and Hulk.

Captain America was also pretty good though was very clearly (just like Thor) done just to set up The Avengers. Leaving behind so many characters wasn't very cool imo.
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby GoToadGo » 5 May 12, 10:51 pm

I personally thought they were all done pretty evenly. They each had their moments to shine, though obviously Hulk being Hulk his had to be a little grander in scale. I was expecting Black Widow and Hawkeye to fall to the wayside but they were fantastic considering who they had along side them.
Last edited by GoToadGo on 6 May 12, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoToadGo

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Ralph Wiggum » 6 May 12, 3:38 pm

What was your favourite battle/fight scene? The end battle with all characters was always going to be epic, but personally I found the very first fight between Captain America vs Loki (in Germany) to be my favourite. I always liked the old fashioned punch-ups between real actors and thought it was well-choreographed. Thor vs Hulk (inside the aircraft carrier) came a close second, though the fighting a CG character thing takes a little shine off.

Hidden: show
Hulk vs Loki isn't even a contest :D
Ralph Wiggum

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby GoToadGo » 6 May 12, 5:09 pm

The last battle took the cake to be honest. They all played a vital role and had their time to shine. Was funny and completely insane at the same time.
GoToadGo

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Werewolph » 7 May 12, 8:29 am

Ralph Wiggum wrote:What was your favourite battle/fight scene? The end battle with all characters was always going to be epic, but personally I found the very first fight between Captain America vs Loki (in Germany) to be my favourite. I always liked the old fashioned punch-ups between real actors and thought it was well-choreographed. Thor vs Hulk (inside the aircraft carrier) came a close second, though the fighting a CG character thing takes a little shine off.

Hulk vs Loki isn't even a contest :D

Would be interesting to see just how far they would let Hulk go in future movies, they're running with the Ultimate Avengers. The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets, and Ultimate Hulk has no limit on rage.
3770k @4.7Ghz|Corsair H100|HAF X|Intel 520 SSD
GSkill 2133 16Gb|G1-Sniper3|GB 670 X2 @1250/6500|WD 1TB X2
1200W PSU|Win 8 Pro|XL2410T|HD598
Werewolph

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Fireslide » 7 May 12, 9:27 am

It was definitely entertaining. Favourite movie of 2012 so far. But Prometheus and Dark Knight Rises are coming out soon.
Fireslide

Unread postby Nemesis_22 » 7 May 12, 10:53 am

Werewolph wrote:Would be interesting to see just how far they would let Hulk go in future movies, they're running with the Ultimate Avengers. The angrier he gets, the stronger he gets, and Ultimate Hulk has no limit on rage.

If they dare to unleash the Green Scar Hulk from World War Hulk, then EVERYONE gets a beating. He beat the **** out of the entire X-Men roster all at once, Black Bolt, Strange, all of the Fantastic Four at the same time, Iron Man in Hulkbuster armour and finally Sentry before he became even angrier still. It was insane. Still, if that means that they do the Planet Hulk storyline first, I'm totally there for that movie.
Nemesis_22

NWN DM

Unread postby =beast= » 7 May 12, 2:54 pm

i lol'd when iron man called hawkeye legolas
makin new sig. brb
=beast=

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby exe3 » 7 May 12, 4:12 pm

The last battle was my favorite as despite going for a long time it never got old unlike the end of Transformers 2. Never had I been actively looking at my watch wanting the movie to end before. :?

Also I disagree that Hulk worked because he was used in 'bursts'. He worked because he was depicted as the unstoppable rage monster that 'smashes' everything in his path that he is. In the other movies he was just depicted as a big angry guy who had fist fights with some people and was usually depicted as the underdog. In Avengers he was the favorite and was allowed to go all out in chaotic and gleeful fashion and THAT'S why he worked imo. Epic choreography and epic amounts of collateral damage too.
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby lorry_driver » 7 May 12, 9:52 pm

(Slightly off-topic)

I finally know what Jay meant at 1:11. (slight coarse language & adult reference warning)

Image Image
lorry_driver

Padawan

Unread postby skitzor » 9 May 12, 12:00 am

just a little interesting thing to note from this movie.

http://torrentfreak.com/the-avengers-wh ... rd-120508/
skitzor

Unread postby skitzor » 9 May 12, 12:57 pm

also.

skitzor, 1st march wrote:
exe3 wrote:YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Though is it just me or does the arrow guy and the girl seem really out of place in that team?

I've seen this comment a few times.

to me the arrow guy could be useful if he uses explosive arrows or some kind of special arrow for the occasion.

boo yeah ****.
skitzor

Unread postby $had0w » 9 May 12, 6:16 pm

the hulk definatly made this movie for me.. i wasnt even a fan of the hulk before, but that **** was hillarious.
$had0w

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Kami » 10 May 12, 1:40 pm

LOL

Anyone catch this scene? I'm guessing it must have been right at the very end of the credits. I left straight after
Thanos
thinking there wasn't going to be anything else after that
Kami

Padawan

Unread postby Yurtles » 10 May 12, 2:01 pm

The shawarma bit got added for the US release, you didn't miss anything by not sticking around till the end of the credits.
BorisBC wrote:Pro tip - if you have to spew in a car, spew down the (inside) front of your shirt. Trust me, it's a lot easier to clean spew off yourself than the interior of a car.
Yurtles

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, TV, Books and Music