DayZ. Zombie survival mod for Arma2: CO

Re: DayZ. Zombie survival mod for Arma2: CO

Unread postby Nekosan » 26 Apr 12, 3:38 pm

Ash_Williams wrote:Anyone near any of the two airfields? I want to get a little group together.

I'm headed up the NE coast atm ash, hoping to hit the airfield tonight (assuming i can scavenge otw without my accidental bandit skin getting me mauled).
Nekosan

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Death Mittens » 26 Apr 12, 3:55 pm

george346 wrote:After reading this thread and watching some videos on Youtube I have decided to pick up Arma 2 and download this mod, looks like a lot of fun!

So if anyone is willing to show a noob the ropes or if anyone is looking to band together let me know.

I HIGHLY recommend you learn how the base game itself works before jumping into the mod, the are a number of tutorial missions one should go through first and play some single player ArmA before jumping in a server.
RiP GoN ArmA 2
2009 - 2012
Death Mittens

Padawan

Unread postby george346 » 26 Apr 12, 4:12 pm

Death Mittens wrote:I HIGHLY recommend you learn how the base game itself works before jumping into the mod, the are a number of tutorial missions one should go through first and play some single player ArmA before jumping in a server.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure I get to know the controls and what not before trying to take on the zombie hordes lol
george346

Player

Unread postby Freeborne » 26 Apr 12, 10:31 pm

I give him and hour before he thinks he's mastered all there is to get him ready for DayZ :lol:

Someone should post lots of tips and hints here, coz there's a lot of people who haven't heard of a little site called Google.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby george346 » 26 Apr 12, 10:47 pm

Freeborne wrote:I give him and hour before he thinks he's mastered all there is to get him ready for DayZ :lol:

Someone should post lots of tips and hints here, coz there's a lot of people who haven't heard of a little site called Google.

Haha pretty much! Have been playing a little bit but on the US Servers as the Aussie one seems to be constantly full, haven't died to a Zed yet but A bandit got me when I was going through some loot I found in a building.

So far an amazing mod just need to find some people to play with.
george346

Player

Unread postby Nekosan » 26 Apr 12, 10:53 pm

I'm sick of getting jacked by everyone i meet for no apparent penalty, I seem to be the only bandit i see so **** it... you want to treat me like a murderer? I'm going to act like one...
Nekosan

Unread postby Sky Monster » 26 Apr 12, 11:51 pm

i c u r u freindly??

Why bother asking.
8-)

Freeborne wrote:Well said. I agree with Baskerville!

Sky Monster

Padawan

Unread postby Nekosan » 27 Apr 12, 12:56 am

Sky Monster wrote:i c u r u freindly??

Why bother asking.

Side chat is just one massive spam of stupid **** like "hey you, are you friendly?", people are really retarded. On another note: I played on the US server tonight that has scores/third person/crosshairs disabled and it was rather awesome, I think the game needs randomly generated, account locked appearances or something like that to help identify people.
Nekosan

Unread postby Baskerville » 27 Apr 12, 3:11 am

Which is WHY I have completely retreated from civilization and now live UNDERWATER at Pobeda Dam.

The Beatles are down here too.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby FryzieDelta » 27 Apr 12, 2:50 pm

If anyone see's me in game, yes I am friendly. But now that I've got a better idea of what happens in game I may not be entirely trusting.

Only died once so far: Icarus syndrome.

EDIT: Both AU and NZ servers are gone. WTF!?
FryzieDelta

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Scott_NZ » 27 Apr 12, 4:05 pm

Yeah it's pretty common for them to go down... make sure you check for new versions of DayZ when they do.
Scott_NZ

Padawan

Unread postby Freeborne » 27 Apr 12, 7:10 pm

Nah, according to AEF guys, they've shut it down voluntarily for now. It was chewing through insane amounts of bandwidth. Same thing happened with first server from AUSCOG.

I was told it used about 180GB in under a week, and although they can support this thanks to their sponsor (Platform Networks), it just doesn't make sense that it should use that much bandwidth, so the Devs need to fix it, as even the USA guys are complaining.

I'd expect there to be no local servers for a few days, however at the rate they're pumping out updates, maybe they'll fix it very soon. Anyone else who volunteers to host it locally, will probably shut it down too after a few days when they realise how much bandwidth is being used, and how expensive bandwidth is here in Australia.
Freeborne

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Gas_Snake101 » 27 Apr 12, 8:12 pm

Yeah was pretty upset when I got home to find the server was gone. Was the only server with Battleye set to off, so I cant play the mod or any Arma2 atm.
Gas_Snake101

Player

Unread postby Nekosan » 27 Apr 12, 10:18 pm

Gas_Snake101 wrote:Yeah was pretty upset when I got home to find the server was gone. Was the only server with Battleye set to off, so I cant play the mod or any Arma2 atm.

What have you got against BattleEye?
Nekosan

Unread postby Scott_NZ » 28 Apr 12, 10:31 am

Today on IRC,
「 12:54:00 」 <deFRAG> Any news on a aus/nz server?
「 12:54:20 」 <DayZMattLightfoot> we are working on trying to get a hoster
「 12:54:33 」 <_survivor_DeathsHead> nice
「 12:54:40 」 <DayZMattLightfoot> but we need someone to donate one
「 12:54:50 」 <_survivor_DeathsHead> not so nice
「 12:55:43 」 <Rocket> will be central database
「 12:55:49 」 <Benneh> *ponders if I could get away with running the server client on one of our clusters at work*
「 12:55:57 」 <Rocket> but central db will be moved to an array
「 12:56:14 」 <Rocket> when moved. db server (in NZ) will revert back to NZ server. 25 slot
「 12:56:16 」 <DayZMattLightfoot> hence the matric
「 12:56:17 」 <Scott`> yay
「 12:56:20 」 <Rocket> maybe 30 slot
Scott_NZ

Padawan

PreviousNext

Return to DayZ