LFS

Re: LFS

Unread postby r8response » 6 Apr 12, 8:35 pm

Hydra wrote:We have two servers, but they weren't working for a long time I think.

Both of those servers had been working for quite a while. Infact they we're supplied by games.on.net for use by http://www.ozbee-racing.com of which i am a series admin. This was all organised with assistance by Acaila. There has been a thread/post about our use of the servers before http://games.on.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=191180

Im not sure what exactly happened, but there was no communication before the server names were changed and we were locked out of the admin controls, which would also explain mclarens removal which was unfortunate but not malicious in any way.
r8response

n00bie

Unread postby Cabby » 6 Apr 12, 9:09 pm

I'm sorry about that mclaren. I'm another one of the MNR admins and was just trying to set what had been our private servers back to a private mode for our series members. We saw that the server names were changed but it still had our welcome.txt file in place for the connection screen and we still had our admin passwords active so I thought that maybe something just got messed up on a restart by GON. Was just trying to get it back to private until we could figure out what happened to the server names.

Hydra, hopefully there is something we can do to regain at least one of our servers for our weekly league races.
Cabby

n00bie

Unread postby Mearehear » 6 Apr 12, 9:21 pm

Ok that all makes more sense now, and least I know it wasn't server exploits now (in past when admining on AirAttack there has been exploits that hijack server control, was worried it was something like that.)

I've certainly heard of MNR and been aware of you guys before, and think I even lent you guys use of my server for one round when you had a server issue of some sort, years ago.. didnt know the server was run through here.

Well with Acaila gone, Hydra may have been totally unaware of any standing arrangement, so I guess it will be for you guys to sort with him, but I'd vouch for the fact it would be good for MNR to keep their events.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Hydra » 6 Apr 12, 9:21 pm

Right, I had no idea they were even getting used by anyone, there was nothing in the logs to say anyone was joining the server either.

When is your next race?
Hydra

Shiny!

Unread postby Scarface.au » 6 Apr 12, 9:25 pm

so confused. all good though, found the server once.. was using the same filters as mclaren too..
Disclaimer: Views above are strictly my own opinion. If you don't like it.. Well you can fill in the rest.
Scarface.au

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Hydra » 6 Apr 12, 9:48 pm

mclaren7703 wrote:Well with Acaila gone, Hydra may have been totally unaware of any standing arrangement, so I guess it will be for you guys to sort with him, but I'd vouch for the fact it would be good for MNR to keep their events.

Yep, I had no idea that this arrangement was in place. Happy to discuss - send me a PM and we can sort things out.

It isn't exactly fair on everyone else to have the servers locked down, if you want to run the events still we can look at additional servers.

For now I'll set one server back to the original password.
Hydra

Shiny!

Unread postby Cabby » 6 Apr 12, 9:57 pm

If you looked on the MNR2 server it's a good chance that no one had logged into that one in a while. Our numbers aren't quite as high as they used to be when the servers were first setup and lately we've been primarily using MNR1 server. At this point, unless we get more active members there really would be no need for us to have the 2nd server so I'm sure we could get away with just one server if you wanted to use the 2nd one for a public GON server.

We hold a series race event every week on a Monday night @ 9pm. The rest of the week we keep the server setup for the next event and private so that anyone that wants to practice can do so with just other MNR members. This Easter Monday we don't have an official series event scheduled, but one of our members was working on a quick little event for any of the MNR members to just knock up for if they want.
Cabby

n00bie

Unread postby r8response » 6 Apr 12, 11:00 pm

Hydra wrote:Right, I had no idea they were even getting usedby anyone, there was nothing in the logs to say anyone was joining the server either.

When is your next race?

Usage during the week except for mondays would be very sporadic and would account for the logs saying there wasnt much usage. Monday nights on the other hand usually sees 20+ MNR members racing.

At this point in time we'd really only require one server. The reason for the password is mainly down to stopping europeans joining the server and causing trouble which they are notorious for doing. Every night bar monday the serves would use "beer" as the password.
r8response

n00bie

Unread postby Matty » 6 Apr 12, 11:20 pm

Not a LFS player but I'm loving all these game servers going up.
Good stuff. :icon14:
Matty

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Kx315 » 10 Apr 12, 1:40 pm

Now that MNR (Monday Night Racing) has a server running again (thanks Hydra) those who are interested in racing in organised events click on the following link and sign up www.ozbee-racing.com.

Good fun clean racing with a variety of different car & track combos with each series being run over either a 4 or 6 week period.

See you on track!!
Kx315

Player

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Apr 12, 4:20 pm

Kx315 wrote:Now that MNR (Monday Night Racing) has a server running again (thanks Hydra) those who are interested in racing in organised events click on the following link and sign up http://www.ozbee-racing.com.

Good fun clean racing with a variety of different car & track combos with each series being run over either a 4 or 6 week period.

See you on track!!

Cheers Kx, I myself am just returning to LFS after years away from it, so I may well look into coming and taking part in the near future :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 11 Apr 12, 2:53 am

Just a heads up to LFS racers - It will be included in the upcoming Games.on.net Olympics series, using demo features so anyone can take part.

Add your name to the sign up list >here<
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby brat81 » 17 Apr 12, 12:18 am

So what nights are people on the GON LFS server.

Always up for some grip racing i'm also just learning how to drift with a wheel

Could do some XRG,FBM races around blackwood as a warm up for the GONLYMPICS
brat81

Story Teller

Unread postby Mearehear » 17 Apr 12, 6:16 am

brat81 wrote:So what nights are people on the GON LFS server.

Always up for some grip racing i'm also just learning how to drift with a wheel

Could do some XRG,FBM races around blackwood as a warm up for the GONLYMPICS

Id be keen to put in some laps between now and then, hopefully a few other will be too so we can all have a bit of a run together.

Would be great if we get Hydra to connect the server to the insim relay (just a matter of entering detail under his account on LFSWorld) then we could view the server via LFS Remote to see who is on racing.. is a bit like the "live map" thing for minecraft.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Scarface.au » 17 Apr 12, 6:14 pm

since my xbox died again, pretty well any night is good for me.. keen for grip/drift.. no preference.

Added peeps to steam.
Disclaimer: Views above are strictly my own opinion. If you don't like it.. Well you can fill in the rest.
Scarface.au

Jedi Upstart

PreviousNext

Return to Live for Speed