1GB Update Released for Battlefield on PS3 - PC and Xbox 360 to Follow

General news and announcements

Re: 1GB Update Released for Battlefield on PS3 - PC and Xbox

Unread postby Tajin » 28 Mar 12, 7:42 pm

Hum, 14 posts **** about the patch beeing released for PS3 first, not one talking about the actual changes in the patch? :|

I've just read the list of changes and except for a few things it sounds rather promising.
I especially like that they finally listend to our desperate cries and are now making the G3A3 useful again. Very good! I've missed using that gun. 8)
Tajin

Regular

Unread postby Ralph Wiggum » 28 Mar 12, 9:06 pm

There's a lot of significant changes...I can only cross my fingers and hope Dice have extensively playtested and balanced these changes.
Ralph Wiggum

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby TheD » 28 Mar 12, 9:28 pm

mindsnare wrote:
nafem wrote:reason why PS3 is first? thought it was a PC game ported to consoles?

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS3 has been the lead platform since Alpha.

PC is the lead platform for BF3, the just put more people on the console versions after a point because they had lagged behind and needed to get them upto speed.
TheD

Padawan

Unread postby DarkMellie » 28 Mar 12, 9:42 pm

I just read something about being able to rent servers for the console versions... that is the single most amazing piece of BF news since BF2:SF was released.

Being able to play specific set-ups or matches will just open the game wide up for the playing public.

So excited.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby akira675 » 29 Mar 12, 8:10 am

Finally the gadget placement fixes.. So tired of spending a minute trying to place a spawn beacon on a gently sloping rock.

Also important, jet collisions with helicopters. Getting your chopper flipped upside down and having the idiot jet pilot survive. Annoying.

My 2 cents on the platform order...
Xbox 360 and PS3 require patches to be submitted to Microsoft / Sony for platform QA. (In Microsofts case, they even charge ~$10k from memory.) This process can take 1-2 weeks, and if any bugs are found, resubmission is required. Anyone going for a simultaneous patch release would submit to MS and Sony first, then when they get word that their patch is going live, push the PC version out.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

akira675

Padawan

Unread postby jambo » 29 Mar 12, 8:36 am

Ash_Williams wrote:This show's that EA has abandoned PC completely.

Hahaha, oh god, I can't take the hyperbole much longer!
jambo

Its over 2 million!

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 29 Mar 12, 8:41 am

jambo wrote:
Ash_Williams wrote:This show's that EA has abandoned PC completely.

Hahaha, oh god, I can't take the hyperbole much longer!

PC update is 1.6gb and has plenty of great changes :icon14: :)

Official blog post about the update: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/be ... tems-live/

Official forum post about Server R20: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 667700923/

Official link to server docs: http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2 ... tor_v2.zip
Follow us: Image Image Image
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby hunterkiller » 29 Mar 12, 10:11 am

I think after this update will change the gameplay as we know it, we all got used to the way it plays now but with all these changes it seems the gameplay will feel a whole lot different and some kits might be harder/easier to use than what we are used to.

Looking forward to it.
hunterkiller

Padawan

Unread postby meji » 29 Mar 12, 10:15 am

Heh was reading this and thinking, Hell 1gb patch? I remember the old days when a 30mb patch was a monster download and added tonnes of content to something :P
meji

Padawan

Unread postby wazzuppi » 29 Mar 12, 11:05 am

How can a patch be 1+ gigs and not offer any new content?

read the whole patch changes and its all gameplay tweaks no content
wazzuppi

Regular

Unread postby hunterkiller » 29 Mar 12, 11:10 am

LOL, just reading replies on the BF3 Battlelog and just about every post for the PS3 patch is everyone hating the patch and few are even selling the game, lol.

90% of them are claiming that the game is unplayable now.

Very interesting, they release it on PS3 first to test how good or **** the patch is before releasing it on a superior platform, lol.
hunterkiller

Padawan

Unread postby akira675 » 29 Mar 12, 12:17 pm

hunterkiller wrote:Very interesting, they release it on PS3 first to test how good or **** the patch is before releasing it on a superior platform, lol.

Considering the PC patch came a day later, I doubt that is the case.

Some additional notes:
http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/beep-beep-battlefield-3-update-goes-live-on-pc-tomorrow-improved-commo-rose-and-minimap-lots-of-fixes-and-new-shortcut-items-live/

More awards for skillful heli flying is a great change. You could fly the troop chopper on wake island the entire game, completely locking down their airfield (read: super team contributer) and rack up no points whatsoever.

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

akira675

Padawan

Unread postby Tajin » 29 Mar 12, 4:53 pm

hunterkiller wrote:LOL, just reading replies on the BF3 Battlelog and just about every post for the PS3 patch is everyone hating the patch and few are even selling the game, lol.

90% of them are claiming that the game is unplayable now.

Very interesting, they release it on PS3 first to test how good or **** the patch is before releasing it on a superior platform, lol.

In recent gaming history, has there ever been any patch that has not been hated for some reason? It's like a rule of nature. If any changes are made, then there are always haters... not matter how useful those changes might be.

I heard the thing about them using PS3 to test the patch too.
Its funny to see the PS3-boys complain about beeing test-objects while us pc-gamers complain about not beeing the first to get the patch. :lol:
Tajin

Regular

Unread postby tacitus42 » 29 Mar 12, 5:49 pm

I'm glad to see all the subtle gameplay changes.
I might actually have a chance at the game now!
Playing BC2 i was awesome at pulling off some really cool moves and being rewarded for it but found BF3 to be kind of clunky and i always got killed.
Being able to switch weapons faster and being able to get up faster rewards good reflexes.
Every game changes, true but i can't say that too many of the little things in BF3 really helped the game much.
What we need now is some proper team-play. It really feels like more of a 'go solo and rack up the kills' game right now compared to the awesome teamwork of Battlefield 2.
tacitus42

TeamGON

Unread postby AzraelTheCow » 29 Mar 12, 6:04 pm

akira675 wrote:More awards for skillful heli flying is a great change. You could fly the troop chopper on wake island the entire game, completely locking down their airfield (read: super team contributer) and rack up no points whatsoever.
Good to see, it's discouraging to fly attack chopper and have your gunner taking out first on the board, while me as poor old pilot ends up with a noob score.
You can just, hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters. - Cartman, E.
AzraelTheCow

Padawan

PreviousNext

Return to News:: General