Project CARS Discussion - It's time! :D

Re: C.A.R.S. Discussion - It's time! :D

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 19 Mar 12, 9:50 am

It's been a few months since I grabbed the latest build and took to the track....holy **** there have been some changes and new stuff added in just a short amount of time! As the release date (march 2013) approaches, this continues to blow my mind :lol: :shock:

C.A.R.S. v174 Pre Alpha
http://games.on.net/file/49332/C.A.R.S._v174_Pre_Alpha

New lighting system:

The previews show mid-afternoon lighting at Connecticut Hill on a sunny day. The whole system is fully dynamic and will ultimately allow full day to night transitions that will be combined with a comprehensive dynamic weather engine.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/a- ... ng-system/

5 new tracks:

Fans of modern race tracks will love the Badenring, a German Grand Prix-style venue that offer a lot of challenging corners. If you like it more old school, the historic layout of the Badenring will be your thing, featuring long straights for slipstream battles that are interrupted by three braking chicanes.

Historic racing nuts will also be getting their fix with Rouen, a narrow French high-speed circuit. But that’s not all, the new build also features Derby, a British racing circuit and Wisconsin, a prime road racing facility located in the United States.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/fi ... ject-cars/

Quite a few new cars and a crapload of tweaks:

Build 174 introduces the Palmer Jaguar JP-LM, adding a lightweight prototype racer to the stable of cars already available in Project CARS.

Powered by a 3 liter Jaguar V6 engine putting out 265hp, the JP-LM is a open-top prototype racer comparable to those that compete for glory in international sports car races. The car reaches top speeds of 167 miles per hour and sprints from 0 to 60 in just 3.4 seconds.

The new wheels can be experienced at four different venues, including the Spanish Besos track, a popular German touring car venue named Anhalt and the Chinese Jin Ding track.

Furthermore, the track list is enriched by the Italian Florence and Milan circuits, the latter is also available as high-speed historical version without any chicanes.

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/bu ... w-content/
Follow us: Image Image Image
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 20 Mar 12, 9:26 am

Well it's a bit dead here so I'll double post a day later :P

After grabbing 174 I spent about an hour looking for a cable so I could hook my wheel back up, it's been a long summer and it's just too damn hot in my spare room to race at length during the day, was easier to pack a few things away :). Once that was sorted I messed about with the settings and wasted some more time not playing...... experienced a few bugs (oh the glory of alpha software), then headed off to the track :D

Handling in the latest builds have been solid, it's the first time I've been able to actually finish more then 5 laps without crashing :lol:. It's still early days and I'll probably repeat that about 765432 times when I chime in to comment on how this game is going, but i'm still pretty damn hopeful for what the final package is going look like :)

Spotted a few awesome new videos and screenshots over at gaf, figured they are worth posting :icon14:

-------

pCARS - Formula A Lap @ Monza, Overcast Weather - Build #174 - Project C.A.R.S.

Uploaded by MatthewRoberts90 on Mar 17, 2012
A lap of Monza in the FA car. The thing I love most about this track is all the bumps - you can feel so much of the track. It's fantastic.

pCARS - Formula A Lap @ Catalunya, Hazy Weather - Build #174 -

Uploaded by MatthewRoberts90 on Mar 17, 2012
This is a lap at Catalunya in build 174, one of the new tracks. I was not only testing the track but also the "hazy" weather option - which looks great! Unfortunately there's a glitch which reads you as leaving the track even if you don't - hope that's fixed in the next build!

Image source, cheers Blizzard :)
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby Ash_Williams » 20 Mar 12, 10:20 am

Just finished rebuilding my PC so I'll be giving it a run again tonight. With my crappy Logitech wheel and my Surround displays.
Ash_Williams

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 22 Mar 12, 8:52 pm

If your on the fence about project cars, now might be your only time to get in early....until 2013 :shock:

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-si ... losed-soon

Back in October 2011, Slightly Mad Studios launched World of Mass Development, a unique portal to fund their upcoming Project CARS title that enables gamers to follow and influence the development of a AAA title from the very beginning.

The concept has been a huge success as almost half a million Euros have been pitched in by members so far, allowing the studio to create a racing simulation based on the community’s wishes and ideals without pressure from a publisher. In return for their financial commitment, members don’t just get to follow the development and try regular development versions but they’ll also get a share of the title’s financial return as well.

There are some significant changes in store though as Slightly Mad Studios will most likely see a big change in company structure during the coming weeks, the studio will be becoming part of something much bigger if everything goes according to plan.

This development will have a very positive effect on Project CARS as it will most likely ensure the full funding needed to complete the development. On the other hand, this will likely result in WMD tool pack signups for Project CARS to be shut down.

What does this mean? Starting from this point that will happen sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, WMD won’t be accepting any new members for the remaining course of the title’s development. So if you want to be part of Project CARS, now’s the time to join WMD or upgrade to a higher tool pack.

The new scenario won’t mean that the original WMD concept is altered though, all existing members stay on board and keep their rights and benefits, the community will just be closed off as additional funding won’t be needed anymore.

Project CARS is still many months away from being released and if you want to be part of the title’s development and enjoy regular development builds, now’s the time to act and join – Otherwise your next chance to enjoy Project CARS will be when it hits the shelves in 2013.

Membership on Project CARS starts at a one-time payment of 10€ for the Junior tool pack, followed by 25€ for Team Member status and 50€ for Full membership. New users can register here, more info on the different membership levels and their benefits can be found here.

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.p ... oming-soon

Ian Bell - Head of Studio wrote:Company structure changes coming soon.
Hi all,

First of all, I'm sorry i can't go into details on specifics here as it's all extremely NDA but it's about 95% certain at this point that SMS will be changing company structure in the sense that we will become part of something bigger and better. This is generally 'a very good thing' and will most likely make it such that we will have all funding in place for pCARs and thus will most likely close off investment for members in the very near future.

The terms and conditions of pCARs will remain unchanged for everyone and you'll get all of the agreed benefits.

What is does mean though is that if you are considering upgrading your tool pack/membership level in the future it might be good to do this within the next 2-3 weeks.

None of the above is 100% certain but as I say, it's about 95%

Again, sorry I can't go into specifics but it's good for us, good for you and good for the project.

Cheers!

In saying that, it's actually really good news for those of us playing already. This project is about to get a major cash injection! :)
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby diamondd » 22 Mar 12, 9:35 pm

Cas Bitton wrote:If your on the fence about project cars, now might be your only time to get in early....until 2013 :shock:

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars-si ... losed-soon

http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.p ... oming-soon

In saying that, it's actually really good news for those of us playing already. This project is about to get a major cash injection! :)

ok I'm in lol
diamondd

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 24 Mar 12, 2:04 pm

:shock: The new country road "tracks" are looking incredible. Noticed they got included with the 179 update! :D

http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/ta ... build-179/

I'm especially fond of the California Highway track *drools*

Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby Ash_Williams » 24 Mar 12, 3:17 pm

I require new pants. Downloading now =D
Ash_Williams

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Scarface.au » 24 Mar 12, 6:58 pm

Any chance of this being hosted on GON??? :D
Disclaimer: Views above are strictly my own opinion. If you don't like it.. Well you can fill in the rest.
Scarface.au

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 24 Mar 12, 7:40 pm

Scarface.au wrote:Any chance of this being hosted on GON??? :D

Yep! :D

It has been hosted since about October, updates are quite regular. I've just removed a few of the old client files :)

http://games.on.net/app/8695/Project_CARS
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Re: Project CARS Discussion - It's time! :D

Unread postby Ash_Williams » 27 Mar 12, 9:16 pm

Who else has the Senior pack? I need to upgrade before this restructure happens.. Realised I'm only a Team Member D: Would love to get the Manager pack but alas, that's my whole pay
Ash_Williams

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby brat81 » 27 Mar 12, 9:39 pm

I'm a full member and may move up to Senior.

Been a bit over taken by Forza 4 and minecraft lately i've been downloading the new builds but yet to install >_<

Really need a new gfx card the old GTX280 doesn't really keep up these days.
brat81

Story Teller

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 27 Mar 12, 9:47 pm

Ash_Williams wrote:Who else has the Senior pack? I need to upgrade before this restructure happens.. Realised I'm only a Team Member D: Would love to get the Manager pack but alas, that's my whole pay

The Full Member pack was introduced recently, it's probably your best step up option :) :icon14:

Senior is tempting though, any ideas what the exclusive tracks will be? The price increase is rather dramatic...but then again the potential return/reward over time might just cancel that cost out anyway. Is pretty cool to get in early with the development, I really wish Kickstarter offered this kinda thing, alternative models exist for a reason I guess :)

Can CREATE NEW project-specific forum threads
Can READ meeting minutes
Can play WEEKLY builds

Receive a free copy of the released game
Get an opponent named after you
Access to exclusive car(s)

SENIOR
Can CREATE NEW project-specific forum threads
Can WATCH meetings live
Can play WEEKLY builds

Can attend Track Days
Receive a free copy of the released game
Get an opponent named after you
Access to exclusive car(s)
Access to exclusive track(s)

http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby DarkMellie » 27 Mar 12, 9:56 pm

Those videos look just gorgeous.

Once it can beat iRacing as far as hard and safe racing and full races, I'll switch across.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby Ash_Williams » 27 Mar 12, 10:37 pm

I think the Senior one is the best of all the packs. I'm gunna upgrade tomorrow night when I get paid so hopefully it is worth it xD You would have to start getting the weekly builds up though Cas haha
Ash_Williams

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Avarice » 28 Mar 12, 3:11 pm

How much is full member?
Avarice

Regular

PreviousNext

Return to PC Gaming Chat