Hawken in Big-Time Action

General news and announcements

Re: Hawken in Big-Time Action

Unread postby Bronze_D » 3 Mar 12, 11:49 am

should be fine,

the buildings and the surrounding will give the player the sense of scale.

In either case though it's not really the sense of scale that draws ppl into this kind of game to start with, rather the motion and sense of weight that the mech carry plus the arsenal and it's effect.

The comparative size difference would matter to an extent if it were single player, but as a multiplayer it's less vital... much more important is how they set the pacing and speed.
Bronze_D

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby diamondd » 5 Mar 12, 9:55 am

Bronze_D wrote:should be fine,

the buildings and the surrounding will give the player the sense of scale.

In either case though it's not really the sense of scale that draws ppl into this kind of game to start with, rather the motion and sense of weight that the mech carry plus the arsenal and it's effect.

The comparative size difference would matter to an extent if it were single player, but as a multiplayer it's less vital... much more important is how they set the pacing and speed.

this fo sure
diamondd

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Auld » 5 Mar 12, 10:04 am

In the video it looked like he powered down his mech, I gather this tactic makes you disappear from radar. Pretty rad.
Auld

Unread postby Marius » 6 Mar 12, 1:28 pm

Something I still haven't worked out is how will this be playable if it's American server based? Ping is still important for an 'online FPS', and I can't see an indie free to play title as having local servers.
Marius

Needs more Cleric

Unread postby Auld » 6 Mar 12, 1:33 pm

Marius wrote:Something I still haven't worked out is how will this be playable if it's American server based? Ping is still important for an 'online FPS', and I can't see an indie free to play title as having local servers.

Hmm good point. It could if they made their money from login upgrades that are attributed to a per person account. Then the server could be local.
Auld

Previous

Return to News:: General