https://docs.google.com/a/freeborne.net ... evMSE/edit
Download latest beta here
(last updated 02/04)
Updated change-list (last updated 02/04/2012):
Income & Rewards:
- Summary of all changes added to diary log (Press M and click Notes).
- Removed all playable infantry units from buy lists and AI spawn scripts.
- $500 bounty for killing all playable units (players and AI team leaders).
- $3000 bounty for destroying enemy factories.
- Bounty reward increased from 25% to 35%
- Salvage reward increased from 30% to 35%
- Bounty for capturing camps increased from $100 to $500
- Bounty for capturing towns increased from $400 to $1200
- Bounty for ‘assisting’ in capturing towns increased from $175 to $600
- Bounty for capturing ‘mission’ towns increased from $800 to $2000
- Bounty for ‘assisting’ in capturing ‘mission towns increased from $350 to $1500.
- Default income set to half of total supply, per minute.
- Commander bounty for town captured increased from (30*StartingSupply) to (80*StartingSupply).
- Commander Tax maximum set to 25% (if enabled).
- Ambulance price changes (Vodnik/HMMWV/M113/Stryker = $1500/$1400/$1400/$1600).
- Most tank prices increased, APC’s/IFV’s decreased.
- HQ repair cost decreased from 25,000SP to 20,000SP.
- Repair trucks increased to $1000.
- Vehicle Ammo crates increased to $50,000.
- Removed ammo trucks and refuel trucks. Decreased costs for refuel and rearm.
- ‘No respawn penalty’ parameter option removed.
- Tab-locking missiles removed from aircraft with a few exceptions (ATGM for KA52 and A10, AA for KA52 Black, Su34, F35B)
- AA manpad’s increased to $10,000 (10x R72/Sidewinders).
- All AT prices increased (slight increase to LAT, moderate for AT, large for HAT).
- Removed Tunguska missiles from Tunguska
- Removed Sidewinders/Stingers from Linebacker.
- Removed Stingers from Avenger.
- Increased prices for all AA weapons and units.
- Added specialist skill descriptions for each slot in Lobby (Lockpick, Repair, etc).
- Removed unnecessary parameter options (100 AI unit size, etc).
- Removed duplicate unit lists and set default factory unit filter to “All”.
- High Command parameter option removed.
- Building friendly fire disabled.
- Concrete wall hit points reduced by 400%. (1x Metis, 2x MAAWS HEAT, 5x RPG-7VL).
- Moved around vehicles in factory lists and required Upgrade Level (see charts below).
- All players start with GPS.
- Reduce effectiveness of assets that are currently ‘too powerful’ (eg: Kamovs)
- Balance assets on both sides.
- Reduce effectiveness, or remove assets that are not challenging to use and provide easy kills (eg: artillery).
- Reduce clutter of unnecessary units (eg: desert units on Cherno)
- Encourage harder fought battles that require more than one powerful ‘game ending’ asset.
Currently my plans are:
- Remove Artillery (GRADs, MLRS, M119, D30) but mortars will stay.
- Remove M6 Linebackers & Tunguska's.
- Remove AA manpads from Repair Truck build menu (only HQ can build them).
- (Temporary) Remove Fuel & Ammo trucks .
- Remove majority of ATGM's from aircraft and only have a few AA to ensure close dog-fights.
- Add/Remove/Change vehicles from buy menu to (hopefully) balance both teams.
- Obviously change prices, so some things (air) are more affordable because they are less effective.
Parameter changes are also planned. Some options will be removed to force particular settings, which will not suit all players, but is intended to appeal to "prime-time" gaming on GON when lots of regulars are on.
Respawn Penalty = Full Price on Mobile Respawn
Thermals = Disabled
Camp Respawns, Fast Travel, High Command etc = Disabled
Most changes I hope to use with the Unit Balancing condition, so the mission can be played with balancing on or off. Gear penalty I think is mandatory as you cannot accurately calculate the value of an asset (such as a tank) if the price of AT weapons vary greatly from $0 to $2000.
Vehicles and Aircraft will not be as vulnerable, but also not as powerful. Therefore they can be cheaper, bringing them back into the game but not dominating it. Air dominance will now mean a team "owns the skies" but won't "own the ground" as well. All known "exploits" will attempt to be removed (free ammo, free refueling, artillery spam, gear farming).
Thinking both teams should start with M113 Ambo's too. Harder to ruin by hitting a tree, and slower moving to prevent early base hunting.
Thoughts? Suggestions? Criticisms?