Can the servers use sv_pure? Lets get rid of some cheaters!

Should sv_pure be turned on?

Yes
81%
No
19%

Total votes : 52

Re: Can the servers use sv_pure? Lets get rid of some cheate

Unread postby KillorBeKilled » 22 Feb 12, 8:40 am

G'Day fellow gamers,

I've been playing CS since day one like most of you hard core players.

Over the years there are a couple of things that have kept me playing on the On Net servers.

They are firstly the no snipers (Awp is so unrealistic) and secondly the ability to use my custom skins (weapons and models).

This Pure 2 command has caused me nothing but grief, my sounds are all distorted, my skins are no longer available and my CSS crashing randomly when on the On Net server. All simply because the Pure 2 command.

My skins don't give me any advantage, they are simply cosmetic and actually more detailed, realistic etc

Playing cs_office on On.Net servers is now a waste of time as it crashes constantly more than de_dust2.

I have noticed a decline of players using the servers since you changed the Pure command and request the setting be reset to 1 or 0.

There still are players reaching suspect scores since the change, there have been countless aimbot users and I believe the best thing is add more Admins to monitor the server 24 hours rather than use Pure 2.

So again I request Pure 2 be changed so I and many other long term, passionate CSS players can enjoy On.Net servers again.

KorBK Warlock
KillorBeKilled

n00bie

Unread postby Kenz.. » 22 Feb 12, 12:51 pm

There still are players reaching suspect scores since the change, there have been countless aimbot users and I believe the best thing is add more Admins to monitor the server 24 hours rather than use Pure 2.

Pure wasn't applied to give us admins a break it was to help prevent material cheaters which has been a success. It won't matter how many admins you have on the books we all can't be around 24 hours - we do have other things to do too :P
Kenz..

Padawan

Unread postby KillorBeKilled » 24 Feb 12, 7:32 am

Well I believe success is by how many players you have on your servers and if you haven't noticed, all the On.Net servers are down considerably.

I for one have had a choice of remove my custom skins and play with less detailed character graphics or go on the many other servers that use pure 1 setting.

Also Admins can monitor the servers 24 hours, if you select the right players but on how the servers look today, you don't really need them as they are all empty.

cheers,

KorBK Warlock
KillorBeKilled

n00bie

Unread postby Faint_Man_Australia » 24 Feb 12, 8:45 am

KillorBeKilled wrote:Also Admins can monitor the servers 24 hours, if you select the right players but on how the servers look today, you don't really need them as they are all empty.

That's a bit deluded... Do you have any idea how the games.on.net servers are administrated? Clearly not because it's not feasible to admin 24/7 with volunteer admins that have lives.

And of course the servers are empty... People are either still sleeping or are heading off to work... it is a weekday afterall.

KillorBeKilled wrote:Well I believe success is by how many players you have on your servers and if you haven't noticed, all the On.Net servers are down considerably.

I disagree, I just went through all the games.on.net servers looking at player number histories, some servers have declined (at around christmas) and are beginning to recover now, others have been on the up and up but the majority haven't even tweaked slightly. You're not exactly helping your argument.
ARMA - Iggy Pop
Faint_Man_Australia

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Cozi » 24 Feb 12, 4:45 pm

KillorBeKilled wrote:Well I believe success is by how many players you have on your servers and if you haven't noticed, all the On.Net servers are down considerably.

Hrmmm... Funny that the server stats don't really show what it is you are saying... Sure the servers are slowly declining buts its been that way for years... The game is getting older its not like player numbers are going to continually increase over time.

If you have a look at the stats we had a massive drop around Oct/Nov for obvious reasons.

What I personally think is you are blaming what I would call natural attrition in player numbers on something you personally don't agree with.

This change has been in for about a month and if it was impacting the servers that much there would be many more posts rather then a handful objecting.
Cozi

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby KillorBeKilled » 25 Feb 12, 8:50 am

ok I accept your view and only have explained how the change has affected my css configuration which isn't to have an advantage, only cosmetic.
I just have to continue playing on other servers which is pity as I enjoyed the previous On.Net settings.

Cheers,

KorBK warlock
KillorBeKilled

n00bie

Unread postby stylebro » 10 Mar 12, 11:53 pm

Aww,this is the cause my beautiful skin did'nt work.I really miss 'em can you guys set the 'sv_pure' to the number that allow me to use my player/weapon skin?! Its really awesome.... :(
stylebro

n00bie

Unread postby stylebro » 10 Mar 12, 11:56 pm

KillorBeKilled wrote:G'Day fellow gamers,

I've been playing CS since day one like most of you hard core players.

Over the years there are a couple of things that have kept me playing on the On Net servers.

They are firstly the no snipers (Awp is so unrealistic) and secondly the ability to use my custom skins (weapons and models).

This Pure 2 command has caused me nothing but grief, my sounds are all distorted, my skins are no longer available and my CSS crashing randomly when on the On Net server. All simply because the Pure 2 command.

My skins don't give me any advantage, they are simply cosmetic and actually more detailed, realistic etc

Playing cs_office on On.Net servers is now a waste of time as it crashes constantly more than de_dust2.

I have noticed a decline of players using the servers since you changed the Pure command and request the setting be reset to 1 or 0.

So again I request Pure 2 be changed so I and many other long term, passionate CSS players can enjoy On.Net servers again.

KorBK Warlock

Yeah,I do agree with you..I MISS MY SKIN!!!!
stylebro

n00bie

Unread postby shakes76 » 11 Mar 12, 8:16 am

Hi Guys,

I always play with my CS settings as pure as possible. I pride myself of being fair with myself and others. Obviously, I'm not naive to think everyone else does the same, though there are others I know that are noble in their play.

I would like this setting, but the admins don't have to set it on all servers, maybe just a few for those players interested in a fair contest. Perhaps even just on Full Rotation, my fav server.

Special thanks to the admins for running the best CSS servers I know. <3

Cheers
L3mming
A Nud3 L3mming
shakes76

Player

Previous

Return to Counter-Strike Series