Avengers

Forum for the discussions of all things media related

Re: Avengers

Unread postby BurntToast » 7 Feb 12, 7:27 am

Nemesis_22 wrote:GLEE. GIGANAMOUS AMOUNTS OF GLEE.

I fscking hate that show :evil:
All I know is my gut says maybe.
If I don't survive, tell my wife.....hello.
BurntToast

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby .♥. Cupcake .♥. » 8 Feb 12, 1:03 pm

Usually I wouldn't blink twice at a 'superhero' film, but with Joss Weldon behind this film and a whole bunch of super good looking men put together... I think I found my eye candy movie for 2012!
..♥.. Cupcakes are the supermodels of the muffin world ..♥..
.♥. Cupcake .♥.

TF2 Admin

Unread postby Nemesis_22 » 8 Feb 12, 6:57 pm

BurntToast wrote:
Nemesis_22 wrote:GLEE. GIGANAMOUS AMOUNTS OF GLEE.

I fscking hate that show :evil:

And so do I. To the point I didn't even realise I was referencing it. One more reason to hate it, it has stolen one of my favourite words and bastardised it.
Nemesis_22

NWN DM

Unread postby BurntToast » 9 Feb 12, 6:38 am

Agreed.
All I know is my gut says maybe.
If I don't survive, tell my wife.....hello.
BurntToast

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Lumen Melano » 9 Feb 12, 8:45 am

It should be excellent. I was surprised that Captain America was the weakest of all the Avengers origin movies.

Regardless though I can imagine many cinemas collapsing in on themselves from over exposure to awesome.
Lumen Melano

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mekon » 9 Feb 12, 9:21 am

Lumen Melano wrote:I was surprised that Captain America was the weakest of all the Avengers origin movies.

I've heard a lot of people say that, but for some reason I felt differently - maybe I was expecting it to be ****, because of the poor reviews and was hence pleasantly surprised. It reminded me a lot of Sky Captain (in the blue screen/CGI sense), which I very much enjoyed. Perhaps I just have weird tastes in movies. :P

Thor was the weakest of the lot, IMO... Iron Man (both) are still my faves in this iteration. Haven't watched the Ed Norton Hulk yet, though, only saw the atrocious Eric Bana fiasco.
Mekon

I Draw Sustenance From Destroying Your Hyperbole

Unread postby Anon. E. Moose » 9 Feb 12, 9:25 am

Mekon wrote:Haven't watched the Ed Norton Hulk yet, though, only saw the atrocious Eric Bana fiasco.

While Norton's Hulk was still mediocre (imo), it's leaps and bounds better than Eric Bana's portrayal.
Steam: Shpleboy
Minecraft: LogicalHero
Origin: LogicalHero
Has a significantly better avatar than lee.
Anon. E. Moose

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 9 Feb 12, 9:35 am

Mekon wrote:
Lumen Melano wrote:I was surprised that Captain America was the weakest of all the Avengers origin movies.

I've heard a lot of people say that, but for some reason I felt differently - maybe I was expecting it to be ****, because of the poor reviews and was hence pleasantly surprised. It reminded me a lot of Sky Captain (in the blue screen/CGI sense), which I very much enjoyed. Perhaps I just have weird tastes in movies. :P

Thor was the weakest of the lot, IMO... Iron Man (both) are still my faves in this iteration. Haven't watched the Ed Norton Hulk yet, though, only saw the atrocious Eric Bana fiasco.

I totally agree with you Mekon. I very much enjoyed the Cap movie and thought Thor was the weakest. With that said though they're all fun movies. You have to watch the Incredible Hulk movie, it'll help you forget the other one.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby Bicketybam » 9 Feb 12, 10:20 am

I never saw the Eric Bana Hulk, and only just watched the Edward Norton one about a month ago but I did like that.

I've liked all the super hero movies so far but have not been as invested in them as others have been as the main comics I read when I was young was Spiderman (and while I didn't mind those movies they certainly good have been better).

And while I knew of the others, I only briefly read them on occasion so seeing them in the movies I didn't find fault in anything the fanatics would have found.

Although I will say I am looking forward to the Avengers as it will finally be a different villain to what they (each Super Hero) are used to. In each of the movies so far they have fought the Ying to their Yang, enemies that are basically just the evil version of themselves, so hopefully this will feel a lot different.
ImageImage
" " - Silent Bob

Gamers can really come across with a pathetically huge sense of self entitlement at times
Bicketybam

Senior TF2 Admin

Unread postby Anon. E. Moose » 9 Feb 12, 11:02 am

Bicketybam wrote:Although I will say I am looking forward to the Avengers as it will finally be a different villain to what they (each Super Hero) are used to. In each of the movies so far they have fought the Ying to their Yang, enemies that are basically just the evil version of themselves, so hopefully this will feel a lot different.

Except for regarding Thor, somewhat :P
Steam: Shpleboy
Minecraft: LogicalHero
Origin: LogicalHero
Has a significantly better avatar than lee.
Anon. E. Moose

Unread postby Lumen Melano » 9 Feb 12, 12:30 pm

See I thought Captain America was weaker than Thor because I was expecting a much more piss weak turnout for Thor. But we got the now expected Marvel humour and some pretty sweet fights. Plus Chris Hemsworth was friggin huge!

Then on the other hand you had Captain America which I enjoyed but I just felt there were a few things that left me down. Why they decided to make Red Skull look just like a Red Skull is beyond me. And that British Agent could have been a little more substantial. Again it showed me how.... well I want to say sexist, but sexist is quite the right word, because Marvel as an insitution seem to be pretty progressive. But they definitely like to exclude or make women seem incredibly meek.

I guess like you Mekon it was expectations. I expected Thor to be terrible and expected Captain America to be pretty good.
Lumen Melano

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 9 Feb 12, 12:45 pm

Lumen Melano wrote:Why they decided to make Red Skull look just like a Red Skull is beyond me.

Wait, what? I'm not a reader of the Cap comics but my impression was he looks like that (however stylised by the current artists). Like this:

RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby Auld » 9 Feb 12, 12:54 pm

I liked Cap America simply because I went in to admire the work that went into making him look weedy and was blown away and how well they did.
Auld

Unread postby Drakand » 9 Feb 12, 8:47 pm

I'm a total fanboy so my opinions are extremely biased but i've really enjoyed all the films. There were definately parts that could have been strongly improved but nothing that would make the films weak IMO.

I thought Thor was great, loved that a previous unknown (from american pov) was getting the role (though made sense from a salary perspective for avengers film) and that they cameo'd hawkeye who is the bomb!

Captain America was cool, had some good actors in good roles and Chris Evans finally got the star role in a superhero film. He was good in Fantastic Four as the funny good looking fella but here he got to ramp it up a bit and it turned out well.

Iron Man films beat the pants off both of them.

Bana Hulk I didn't mind because I love Bana, love Ang Lee. Loved the film for who made it, just a bad choice to put Ang Lee directing a superhero film like Hulk. Norton's Hulk was made by Louis Letterier (Transporter films) so we knew exactly what we were getting into and he delivered in spades.

All leading up the Avengers film being made by Joss Whedon....total Glee (no reference to the show of same name which I don't mind).

i tend to have a very positive outlook on films, focusing on good aspects :)
Drakand

Unread postby Lumen Melano » 10 Feb 12, 10:35 am

RogerTheIncredible wrote:
Lumen Melano wrote:Why they decided to make Red Skull look just like a Red Skull is beyond me.

Wait, what? I'm not a reader of the Cap comics but my impression was he looks like that (however stylised by the current artists). Like this:

Yeah I know. He looked just liked that, a red skull. To me it looked lame when everything is made to look more awesome, I mean that aren't making Hawkeye look like this:

But they have no problem with not changing Red Skull's look at all. Possibly make him look like there is still a bit of muscle left on his skull. Just the straight Red Skull didn't suit the aesthetic they have going for the whole Avenger's film arc.
Lumen Melano

Jedi Upstart

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, TV, Books and Music