Warfare .71 now out

Re: Warfare .71 now out

Unread postby Sky Monster » 8 Feb 12, 10:46 am

If your justification for moving the DMR down a level is because of the FAL, well then surely it would just be more logical to move the NV FAL/SVD to gear 3 like Wraith did in 070. Especially since it's got Thermal Optics.

I've no idea about the LAV, it seems too useful for LF2 but not good enough for LF3. Leaving it alone at LF3 seems the best bet, since the LAV and the Avenger are the only vehicles you get from the LF3 upgrade. Spending that money and supply for just Avengers is a bit ****.
8-)

Freeborne wrote:Well said. I agree with Baskerville!

Sky Monster

Padawan

Unread postby Mad Muncha » 8 Feb 12, 10:59 am

Reason been moving the LAV to LF 2 is because alot of commanders refuse to upgrade LF to lvl 3, right place for the LAV is lvl 2, and same with DMR to LVL 1 if scoped FAL is kept at current level
Mad Muncha

Regular

Unread postby PlacidBox » 8 Feb 12, 11:36 am

Mad Muncha wrote:Reason been moving the LAV to LF 2 is because alot of commanders refuse to upgrade LF to lvl 3

Simple solution, get a commander that wants to upgrade LF3? Avengers are pretty important I hear.

right place for the LAV is lvl 2, and same with DMR to LVL 1 if scoped FAL is kept at current level

The scoped FAL can't use non-nvg optics like the m110 can (and if you have that stupid thermals mod, it can only use nvg/thermals)

A lot of the blufor gear stuff is in silly spots anyway, like the m240 elcan being gear 0, and the iron-sight SAW being gear 2.
PlacidBox

Padawan

Unread postby Baskerville » 8 Feb 12, 12:31 pm

The only purpose of an Avenger is to give something for opfor players to shoot at. They have absolutely no useful purpose anymore.
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby PlacidBox » 8 Feb 12, 12:34 pm

If you set them up over the map before the enemy gets air, you can actually score quite a number of aircraft kills, especially on helicopters.

The problem being that blufor never get LF3 unless it's reactionary against helicopters that already exist, so they can never really move them out in to the field :/
PlacidBox

Padawan

Unread postby Baskerville » 8 Feb 12, 12:41 pm

You'd have to be a complete derp to get shot down by an Avenger ;_;... UHAX >_>
Baskerville

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Goshawk » 8 Feb 12, 12:50 pm

Hey if I can shoot down an SU34 with a handheld Stinger then anything can happen. :lol:

As for LAV, I do feel that LF3 does not get much love, for either team to be honest but the LAV is more comparable to the BTR60 or Vodnik BPU than the BTR90 as we see it now. I wouldn't oppose moving LAV to LF2 but to be honest I don't even think the Strykers should be at HF but rather LF given how vulnerable the bloody things are.

Seriously, one RPG-7 and they're toast even with their slat armour strapped on.

Actually thinking about putting AA over the map has given me an idea, something that players can see if they ever play the vanilla warfare which is the deployment of static weapons around captured towns. Imagine if players could, without the need for a repair truck, deploy statics at the 2 or 3 camps around a town which would auto populate with troops from the town in a manner similar to the MHQ base defenses. This would also help teams defend their towns in more creative methods as player based statics can be hidden better and actually face the right way. :lol:
Goshawk

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby PlacidBox » 8 Feb 12, 1:05 pm

or even move all ifvs to heavy 0 ;)
PlacidBox

Padawan

Unread postby Goshawk » 8 Feb 12, 1:24 pm

PlacidBox wrote:or even move all ifvs to heavy 0 ;)

The only vehicles that would be moved would be the LAV and BTR-60 + 90. This would even further reduce the need to upgrade LF's.

Could always move ambos to LF3 hahaha, might make players think twice about suicide attacks on towns early game. :D
Goshawk

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby PlacidBox » 8 Feb 12, 2:11 pm

But Imperator, I play so aggressively I die every 30 seconds, whatever would I do without ambulances?
PlacidBox

Padawan

Unread postby Sky Monster » 8 Feb 12, 2:27 pm

I died shortly after taking said screenshot.... :x
8-)

Freeborne wrote:Well said. I agree with Baskerville!

Sky Monster

Padawan

Unread postby PlacidBox » 8 Feb 12, 7:33 pm

Impressive. You should also turn off AtoC completely or for everything but grass, it seriously bogs down the game :/
PlacidBox

Padawan

Unread postby IvanTSR » 10 Feb 12, 12:49 pm

Random question i've always had. How the heck do you lock using NLAW?
IvanTSR

Padawan

Unread postby PlacidBox » 10 Feb 12, 1:16 pm

The NLAW locks at what you're pointing it towards, the same way the javelin, metis and MANPADs do. You can check what it's locking on to by hitting the space bar
PlacidBox

Padawan

Previous

Return to ArmA