DarkMellie wrote:Do not like the new presenter voice-overs, would actually prefer the bro-banter of DiRT2 to this lifeless pap.
Before I did anything, I checked the Blue Ripple website, whether they have a newer version of Rapture3D Game Edition or not. They do. The most up-to-date version is 2.4.9.
You can find it on the Blue Ripple Sound website:
1. Google for Blue Ripple Sound.
2. Choose Support -> Get Updates.
3. Click on "click here" under "Game" edition and download the new version.
4. Uninstall the 2.4.8 version (which came with Dirt 3)
5. Install the one you downloaded (make sure you install it with administrator privileges).
The solution itself:
0. Exit your game.
1. Right click My Computer (XP) / Computer (Vista/Win7).
2. Select Properties.
3. Select Advanced Tab (XP) / Advanced System Settings to the left inside the window (Vista/Win7)
4. Select Environment Variables.
5. Where it lists the System Variables, click on New.
6. Variable Name, type ALLOW_RESTRICTED_RAPTURE3D
7. Variable value, type 1
8. Click ok.
9. Delete both of your hardwaresettings.xml files from the folder "Documents\My Games\DiRT3\Hardware Settings"
10. Start your game.
11. Go into your Audio Options, be sure that Rapture3D is there, and is selected.
12. Go into your Graphics Options, pump up the GFX options to the level you want it to.
Artful-dodgeR wrote:YOU **** >_<
I was holding off, thinking I had enough game... Then you post a rally bred mini! GAH! Sold!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests