Patch Question and After affects

Patch Question and After affects

Unread postby coder61 » 7 Oct 10, 5:44 pm

Ahh ok.

This is going to be the patch of all patches with changes to everything.

Does anyone have any links to the new Class builds with the updated talent trees?

Its going to be very confusing when this patch finally goes live. Not sure if crafting changes in this patch or cataclysm?
Ignarus est optimus telum pro bullying.
coder61

Jedi Upstart

Re: Patch Question and After affects

Unread postby Mythor » 7 Oct 10, 5:48 pm

The PTR 4.0.1 patchnotes don't mention crafting so I'd imagine the crafting changes aren't due till Cataclysm? Not sure.

Wowhead have a Cataclysm based talent calculator: http://cata.wowhead.com/talent
I looked at it earlier but it raised more questions for me than it answered. So good luck with that! :D
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 7 Oct 10, 5:56 pm

Hehehe, same here. Did my trees up then went, "wait, wut?!" and bah, instant coffee.
People often say "Dodger, are you this weird in the real world?"

I can unicycle while playing ukulele.

You be the judge.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby coder61 » 8 Oct 10, 10:24 am

Those talent trees are kinda confusing. Think i might wait until next week and see what everyone else is speccing too.
coder61

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 8 Oct 10, 5:08 pm

After you pick your mastery (i.e. Protection for a Paladin) you have to spend 31 points in that tree before you can put points anywhere else. It can be confusing with the ability changes and so on. Especially when a lot of the talents we have been using without question have been removed, combined or moved to being a mastery bonus.

Also, remember you aren't going to have the full points to fill out your spec. You will only have 36 points at 80.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby coder61 » 8 Oct 10, 5:28 pm

I was reading the ElitistJerks site they are even confused themselves on a lot of the final specs. Some talent trees are putting out the wrong DPS calculations and say it may differ.
coder61

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mythor » 8 Oct 10, 5:30 pm

I got the gist of the changes but am not sure what happens with the Mastery stuff yet. Seems like it may even be worth putting all the points you can into your chosen tree to bump the Mastery as high as possible? No idea.

I'm putting off re-learning my Warlock till I see if 4.0.1 hits this Tuesday. :D
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby coder61 » 9 Oct 10, 11:26 am

I think with the mastery stuff you hit what tree wanna use by selecting the mastery first then put 15 points into that tree. Same with next tree ,you need 15 points in each tree before you can select another mastery.

Before i apply this HUGE patch i am going to remove all addons and delete them as everything has changed ,dont wanna stuff up this install.
coder61

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Linxus » 9 Oct 10, 1:10 pm

You shouldnt have to remove the addons. If they dont already have updates 4.0.1 goes live, WoW wont load them - at your chaatcer selection screen just go into the addons box, and ensure that the box "Load out of date addons" isnt ticked. From what I gather of the patch notes, some of the better features form some popular addons are being included in the update :P - professions panes etc.
Linxus

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby coder61 » 9 Oct 10, 2:53 pm

some of the better features form some popular addons are being included in the update :P - professions panes etc.

That actually might be a good move. Think of all the players that complained of getting Keyloggers and phishing from these addons.
coder61

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 9 Oct 10, 4:36 pm

When's the actual release date of the patch?
People often say "Dodger, are you this weird in the real world?"

I can unicycle while playing ukulele.

You be the judge.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Mythor » 9 Oct 10, 4:41 pm

Artful-dodgeR wrote:When's the actual release date of the patch?
They generally don't say. There'll likely be an extended maintenance and the servers will come back up after that and it'll be 4.0.1 time.

Blizz has included some addon things in the past, hope the new additions are just as good!
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby RaTTuS007 » 9 Oct 10, 7:44 pm

coder61 wrote:I think with the mastery stuff you hit what tree wanna use by selecting the mastery first then put 15 points into that tree. Same with next tree ,you need 15 points in each tree before you can select another mastery.

Before i apply this HUGE patch i am going to remove all addons and delete them as everything has changed ,dont wanna stuff up this install.

You need a full 31 points into 1 tree before it will unlock any others, from what I have seen on the ptr you only unlock the mastery for which tree you spec 31 points into.
RaTTuS007

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby RogerTheIncredible » 9 Oct 10, 10:10 pm

RaTTuS007 wrote:
coder61 wrote:I think with the mastery stuff you hit what tree wanna use by selecting the mastery first then put 15 points into that tree. Same with next tree ,you need 15 points in each tree before you can select another mastery.

You need a full 31 points into 1 tree before it will unlock any others, from what I have seen on the ptr you only unlock the mastery for which tree you spec 31 points into.

Yeah 31 points before any other tree. You'll get mastery points on gear, or reforge gear to put mastery on it which will increase the mastery bonuses.
RogerTheIncredible

Story Teller

Unread postby RaTTuS007 » 10 Oct 10, 2:28 am

yep I had been playing around with reforging mastery on the gear i have that has too much expertise with my rogue which is "potent poisons" but from what i have read on other forums and such is haste a much better stat to use than mastery atm.
RaTTuS007

Jedi Upstart

Next

Return to World of Warcraft