GabeN and /v/: Source 2 and Other Stuff

GabeN and /v/: Source 2 and Other Stuff

Unread postby PinothyJ » 14 Nov 12, 1:59 am

/v/ invades Valve HQ on GabeN's birthday and questions him about the life, universe and everything (sans Half Life 3):

Source 2 is a completely new engine; Greenlight is underwhelming; advertising; future of the gaming industry and community funded and generated gaming; TI3; Valve work ethics; bronies; prediction market for 4chan; Dark and Demon's Souls; whispering; Ricochet 2; Reddit bashing; GabeN's dream of being kidnapped; video streaming; Japanese developers; DRM free future for Steam; Icefrog (he's in China); Valve making MMOs; and other stuff…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Re: GabeN and /v/: Source 2 and Other Stuff

Unread postby Bol7z » 14 Nov 12, 7:07 pm

Really wish it was better quality

Has anyone gone through and made a transcript? It would better to read this rather than listening to it
Bol7z

has a custom rank

Unread postby PinothyJ » 14 Nov 12, 10:42 pm

Bol7z wrote:Really wish it was better quality

Has anyone gone through and made a transcript? It would better to read this rather than listening to it

The description states that their 1090p camera broke on the way to Valve HQ which is just great -_-.

To be perfectly honest: there is some really interesting replies from Valve in this hour interview, of sorts, and it makes me very curious to see how the gaming world shapes itself in the years to come.

It is worth it, though…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby jambo » 15 Nov 12, 9:03 am

I found a small bit of transcript that a few news sites have been sending around.

Fan: Is Valve potentially already working on a new engine?

Fan: Source 2? Could or… could not be?

Gabe Newell: We’ve been working on Valve’s new engine stuff for a while, we’re probably just [incomprehensible, subtitled as: "waiting for a game to roll it out with"]

Fan: Is it going to be more than just an extension to Source? Is it an entirely new engine?

Gabe Newell: Yeah!
jambo

Its over 2 million!

Unread postby PinothyJ » 15 Nov 12, 11:24 am

jambo wrote:I found a small bit of transcript that a few news sites have been sending around.

Fan: Is Valve potentially already working on a new engine?

Fan: Source 2? Could or… could not be?

Gabe Newell: We’ve been working on Valve’s new engine stuff for a while, we’re probably just [incomprehensible, subtitled as: "waiting for a game to roll it out with"]

Fan: Is it going to be more than just an extension to Source? Is it an entirely new engine?

Gabe Newell: Yeah!

I personally find all the other stuff that is discussed much more interesting than the banter over the new engine…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Jagji » 14 Dec 12, 6:50 am

Its so hard to hear what is being said.... Deff need a transcript for it.
Jagji

n00bie

Unread postby PinothyJ » 15 Dec 12, 10:51 pm

I think I may have really decent hearing because I do not have too much of a problem.

Sorry, I guess…
PinothyJ

1337 p0st3r

Return to General Chat