Introducing the Community Soapbox: Now taking submissions

Introducing the Community Soapbox: Now taking submissions

Unread postby Tim Colwill » 31 Oct 12, 8:40 pm

Every so often, I get a message from one of our many forum members, or an email out of the blue, with an epic rant in it. What BioWare did wrong with Mass Effect 3, what BioWare did right with Mass Effect 3 and why everybody else is wrong, an opinion piece on DRM, or even just an essay about why they love a game they love.

There’s never really been a place to put these on games.on.net and so we very rarely get to use them, but as of now I’m going to change that. Say hello to…

The Community Soapbox

What’s it all about then? Well, once a month (at least — hopefully more) we’ll try and publish an article by a member of the community on the front page of games.on.net. Consider this an open call for expressions of interest: if you’ve got an opinion about something or want to share with the world, or maybe you’ve written a review of an obscure game you’re dying to see in print, this is your chance.

If you’re interested in being a part of it, send me a PM about it. We’re open to all subjects and topics, though please be aware your submission will of course be edited for spelling, grammar and so on in accordance with our general standards of content.

Please note this is unfortunately not a paid position! But we do not seek to take advantage of anybody — your submissions can be as small or as big as you like, on anything at all.

Sounds great! I’m really angry/passionate/incredulous about X!

I’m glad to hear it! Send me a PM and let’s talk about it! If you've got any questions, leave them for me below and I'll do my best to answer them.

Love,
Tim
Tim Colwill

Editor in Chief

Re: Introducing the Community Soapbox: Now taking submission

Unread postby InAUGral » 31 Oct 12, 9:07 pm

This may sound like an odd question for a games oriented site but does this include Hardware related submissions? For example if I decided to write about how disastrous a hardware release was. Or is it purely games only?
InAUGral

Story Teller

Unread postby Tim Colwill » 31 Oct 12, 9:21 pm

Nope, hardware is fine!
Tim Colwill

Editor in Chief

Unread postby Nemesis_22 » 1 Nov 12, 2:52 am

Yesssssssssssssss.
Nemesis_22

NWN DM

Unread postby wayne19540 » 3 Dec 12, 7:11 pm

What a brilliant idea Tim to have a community soapbox ;
I have been on a lot of gaming forums reading what they have to say around the world but its the same old Reading ;Now if this what your introducing can take off and you get very good submissions on a variate of subjects it can only be a + for GON. :D

http://games.on.net/2012/10/introducing ... bmissions/
wayne19540

GON's coolest grandpa

Unread postby AVataRR » 3 Jul 13, 9:42 am

Is there any way for a noob like me to go through previously submitted and published soapbox articles? Just wanna see what it takes to make it through. I've got a rant about RTS micro and control schemes. :)
ImageImage

Player

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 3 Jul 13, 10:42 am

AVataRR wrote:Is there any way for a noob like me to go through previously submitted and published soapbox articles?

http://games.on.net/tag/community-soapbox/
Follow us: Image Image Image
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby AVataRR » 3 Jul 13, 10:47 am

Cool, thanks dude.
ImageImage

Player

Return to General Chat