War over decriminalising drugs

Do you think by decriminalising drugs that its going to help .

YES
57%
NO
43%

Total votes : 30

Re: War over decriminalising drugs

Unread postby Giblet1 » 3 Apr 12, 11:13 pm

Matty wrote:Cannabis actually does quite a bit of damage, especially to how the brain functions, hence it being illegal. But it's late and I can't be bothered to find proof, so your own personal research might have to be conducted :P

Maybe on a brain thats still developing, (eg teenagers). Not so much for adults :)
Giblet1

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Marius » 3 Apr 12, 11:15 pm

The only adult cannabis user I've known was the most paranoid person I've ever met. I'm definitely wary about cannabis' side effects after that experience.
Marius

Needs more Cleric

Unread postby Giblet1 » 3 Apr 12, 11:17 pm

Marius wrote:The only adult cannabis user I've known was the most paranoid person I've ever met.

Who's to say he didn't have underlying issues already? I know many cannabis users across a range of jobs, they are all what you would call 'normal' people.
Giblet1

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby SayWhat? » 3 Apr 12, 11:20 pm

I believe drugs should be decriminalised, and doctors should be allowed to prescribe to addicts. Legalisation is another story...
Be water, my friend.
SayWhat?

Padawan

Unread postby Giblet1 » 3 Apr 12, 11:25 pm

I think this is pretty relevant.

Giblet1

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby MaddMoose » 3 Apr 12, 11:51 pm

I'm not sure why people keep using Bill Hicks to support legilisation. Sure he's a funny guy, but he's just a guy that makes jokes with an anti-establishment theme.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
MaddMoose

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Novocaine » 4 Apr 12, 12:41 am

Matty wrote:
cyclobs wrote:
Matty wrote:Cannabis actually does quite a bit of damage, especially to how the brain functions, hence it being illegal. But it's late and I can't be bothered to find proof, so your own personal research might have to be conducted :P

and alcohol and nicotine doesn't?

Of course it does. Especially alcohol.

And so do a lot of prescribed pharmaceutical drugs.

Tapatalkin' like a boss
PLAYGUUU AAHHHH!
Novocaine

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby MuscularTeeth » 4 Apr 12, 8:12 am

I'd just like to make two quick points;

Myself and the vast majority of my friends are daily smokers of green. ive been smoking for ...16 years now. The only time i stop (and am fine) is when i go overseas.

All of us (my friends) are full time employees or owners of our business's . Some of my friends are doing PHD's now and have received awards for being top of the students (golden key stuff), one just got head hunted by IBM, i myself have a degree and a diploma and have run some pretty big networks...never been unemployed longer than two weeks... and manage a decent sized company now..
I own my own house and pay tax and volunteer my time to make a better society.
I'm highly motivated in all areas of life as are all my friends and I'd just like to say not all smokers of green are the hollywood cliche of a vague zombielike waste of space.

So id like to see it decrminilised so as to move focus away from the end user and allow the police to focus towards the criminal gangs that are using the status quo to gain undue influence over society..

i see something similar with prostitution. legalise it, control it, make it safe for everyone, get it out of the hands of organised crime. (ive never used a prostitute).
MUSCULARTEETH - Many things, mostly to do with Art.
MuscularTeeth

Jedi Upstart

Previous

Return to GON Lounge