Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby Ash_Williams » 2 Apr 12, 1:36 pm

steve_rogers42 wrote:kinda hoping to call in this arvo.... dont have much hope now....


Yeah there's a fat chance you will get anything. I waited for the cheap online stuff as they said there would be but only some crappy games and the Logitech G27 that was supposed to be discounted was full price.
Ash_Williams

User avatar
1337 p0st3r
 
Offline
Posts: 1348
Joined: 22 Dec 09, 5:28 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby stingtwo » 2 Apr 12, 1:48 pm

yeah if you weren't there before the store doors were open, good luck getting anything
Can I just say Ive worked for Dicksmith's in the passed, as an employee its like the only perk you get is to buy stuff from sales first...

You get treated like dirt from both the customers and the company alike...they deserve it more than you...and Im sure you get paid better than they do...
no issues with staff getting 1st dibs on sales but when staff do thisyeah we feel a bit cheated
stingtwo

User avatar
Senior DoD|DoD:S Admin
 
Offline
Posts: 847
Joined: 1 Jan 07, 1:14 am

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby Matty » 2 Apr 12, 2:34 pm

Ash_Williams wrote:
steve_rogers42 wrote:kinda hoping to call in this arvo.... dont have much hope now....


Yeah there's a fat chance you will get anything. I waited for the cheap online stuff as they said there would be but only some crappy games and the Logitech G27 that was supposed to be discounted was full price.


there was 2 @ marion when I walked out. Dunno if they are still there.
Homercles care not for beans.
Matty

User avatar
Forum Bot
 
Offline
Posts: 5207
Joined: 26 Aug 10, 12:23 pm

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby Ash_Williams » 2 Apr 12, 3:07 pm

Matty wrote:
Ash_Williams wrote:
steve_rogers42 wrote:kinda hoping to call in this arvo.... dont have much hope now....


Yeah there's a fat chance you will get anything. I waited for the cheap online stuff as they said there would be but only some crappy games and the Logitech G27 that was supposed to be discounted was full price.


there was 2 @ marion when I walked out. Dunno if they are still there.


Doubt they would be, but I'm not travelling 1.3 hours on a hunch.
Ash_Williams

User avatar
1337 p0st3r
 
Offline
Posts: 1348
Joined: 22 Dec 09, 5:28 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby exe3 » 2 Apr 12, 4:46 pm

stingtwo wrote:yeah if you weren't there before the store doors were open, good luck getting anything
Can I just say Ive worked for Dicksmith's in the passed, as an employee its like the only perk you get is to buy stuff from sales first...

You get treated like dirt from both the customers and the company alike...they deserve it more than you...and Im sure you get paid better than they do...
no issues with staff getting 1st dibs on sales but when staff do thisyeah we feel a bit cheated

LOL. 'For my birthday. Two of them!' :lol:
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

User avatar
Forum Bot
 
Offline
Posts: 9802
Joined: 30 May 07, 9:25 pm

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 2 Apr 12, 4:48 pm

Ash_Williams wrote:
Freeride wrote:Dude, just stop, there are so many jobs where you are allowed to browse while also doing work or waiting for work to come in. I used to browse and play flash games all the time when I worked at an internet helpdesk and I was allowed to browse as much as I wanted if there were no callers.


^ This, except I'm an IT Support Officer (fancy naming) what can you do when you've got no jobs? Trawl the internet!


Incient Management Officer here. Glorified front line help desk hahaha.
Artful-dodgeR

User avatar
Never goes to sleep
 
Offline
Posts: 4481
Joined: 16 May 04, 6:09 pm

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby jambo » 2 Apr 12, 4:50 pm

There's no need for all this name calling and these silly accusations so I've removed the offending posts.

Please try and stay on topic in future, and treat other forum members in the same manner in which you yourself would like to be treated.
Image
jambo

User avatar
Its over 2 million!
 
Offline
Posts: 3534
Joined: 21 Feb 04, 6:28 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby Ash_Williams » 2 Apr 12, 4:51 pm

Oh what a life we live in IT, filled with funny position names that ultimately mean "IT Helpdesk Guy".

Least I get my pay and know they won't sack me, I love local government lol.
Ash_Williams

User avatar
1337 p0st3r
 
Offline
Posts: 1348
Joined: 22 Dec 09, 5:28 pm
Location: Adelaide

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby steve_rogers42 » 2 Apr 12, 5:58 pm

walked in and had a look at the local and ran into an old mate of mine who turns out to be the current store manager, he tells me they had $600 over the counter before 10 oclock...

considering the price of things and the look of the shelves he wasnt joking, he did say there was a lot of BS going on from customers tho, which is to be expected nowdays, i suppose...

picked up the witcher 2 for $15, kinda wanted deus ex, but ah well.


also i thought G27's were on sale, must have been G25's.... there was a whole bunch of driver gt's and G27's but nothing else..
Image
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
steve_rogers42

User avatar
Tech Moderator
 
Offline
Posts: 3679
Joined: 20 Jun 07, 1:11 pm
Location: Straight outta a video game

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby Ninja Catfish » 2 Apr 12, 9:38 pm

Got myself a PS3, DSi, EarForce Delta and RE5 all up for about $260. Happy with that.
I was second in line and the guy in front of me bought the only 3 Xboxes that they had in stock, which sucked.
Would have been nice if they imposed a one of each thing per customer rule I think.

Otherwise, a good haul :D
Nintendo Network ID - Catfiish | Live - NinjaxCatfish | PlayStation ID - NinjaCatfish | last.fm - NinjaCatfish | Twitter - StevenImpson
Ninja Catfish

User avatar
1337 p0st3r
 
Offline
Posts: 1462
Joined: 19 May 06, 10:14 pm
Location: South West WA

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby Trixxter » 2 Apr 12, 9:54 pm

Ninja Catfish wrote:Would have been nice if they imposed a one of each thing per customer rule I think.

They really should have done that, It was disgusting watching people buy that stuff JUST to sell on Ebay for a quick buck. What about people who GENUINELY wanted the item(s)?

Still, glad to see some of us managed to get a good haul, nice work.
Trixxter

User avatar
Padawan
 
Offline
Posts: 319
Joined: 10 Dec 11, 7:16 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby revengous » 2 Apr 12, 9:56 pm

sounds like dick smith made 7 million dollars from the sale

success? I think so.
revengous

User avatar
Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like
 
Offline
Posts: 2058
Joined: 13 May 10, 4:42 pm
Location: Eating your pants.

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby McMacca » 2 Apr 12, 10:44 pm

Image

$30 total (:

At my local DSE no hardware was on sale, was limited to games only with the full sale being moved to the 18th apparently.

Also, I don't see the problem with DSE employees getting the chance to buy what they want before anyone else can, they work there and are entitled to some benefits. The only problem I would have is if they bought ridiculous amounts of games/hardware and tried to sell it on afterwards.
McMacca

User avatar
Jedi Upstart
 
Offline
Posts: 730
Joined: 6 Jun 08, 1:27 pm
Location: ಠ_ಠ

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby Jez » 3 Apr 12, 8:03 am

revengous wrote:sounds like dick smith made 7 million dollars from the sale

success? I think so.


Got a source for that? Profit or revenue? Hard to believe their net profit can be very high when they're selling games for five bucks a pop.
Last edited by Jez on 3 Apr 12, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jez

User avatar
Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like
 
Offline
Posts: 2967
Joined: 12 Feb 03, 6:14 pm

Re: Dick Smith Having A Ridiculous Sale?

Unread postby nudge » 3 Apr 12, 11:20 am

Jez wrote:
revengous wrote:sounds like dick smith made 7 million dollars from the sale

success? I think so.


Got a source for that? Proit or revenue? Hard to believe their net profit can be very high when they're selling games for five bucks a pop.


I doubt they made any profit at all on sale items. If you see staff grabbing items it generally means they are selling under cost.
Image
The more complex the programs of an organism, the greater is the danger of insanity. It is very, very hard to be a god.
nudge

User avatar
1337 p0st3r
 
Offline
Posts: 1367
Joined: 18 Mar 04, 12:45 pm
Location: Wollongong

Previous

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nekosan and 7 guests