Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Re: Mellie's Random Game Discussion Thread

Unread postby exe3 » 8 Mar 12, 5:38 pm

Gabe is such a troll,
No show, Episode 3 is,
Yoda talk for win.
*Insert negative stuff here.*

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby Disco LT » 10 Mar 12, 10:08 pm

I wish someone would remake Theme Hospital.
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby exe3 » 11 Mar 12, 10:36 pm

So.....anyway finished Mass Effect3? I just heard there's massive controversy regarding the ending. Eek. :S

"..hiding your [story] beneath endless layers of confusion doesn’t make you an artist, it just makes people think you are."- Gameshadow
exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 12 Mar 12, 5:27 am

A few have, check the finished games thread.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby DarkMellie » 12 Mar 12, 12:46 pm

Right, have completed all Loyalty missions (failed Zaeed's but only because I took it on before I had enough Paragon points to talk him out of his rage when the Blue Sun's leader got away) and am off to finally pick-up Tali. Miranda is hooked up and ready to go, apparently she'll drop by my cabin when everything is quiet.

I think I get Legion during the IFF mission? That's next-up after Tali.

I can't remember what happens then... I think after the IFF you can use the Omega 4 relay at any time? All my weapons are maxed out damage-wise, I need one more Heavy Skin Weave to complete my armour (there's a shop that sells it in Omega but I'd run out of money). The Normandy is also fully-cranked.

Looking forward to getting everyone through the Suicide mission (except perhaps Zaeed) and then finally starting my proper runthrough of Mass Effect 3.

Hell, it bugged me that in the start of my last ME2 run (which became uncompletable due to a bug in importing my ME1 character resulting in me buying the Genesis comic for 320MSP) I accidentally selected Anderson as the Councillor (I mean, I'd already put Udina in power at the end of ME1, why give me that option to redo again) so I was glad I restarted yet again. Very happy with all of my choices so far (particularly pleased that in my latest ME1 runthrough I finally saved the Rachni, hints in ME2 indicate they might become allies in the fight against the reapers, some Quarian gave me a message from the Rachni on Ilos that was very friendly and said they'd only been evil because they were under the Reaper's influence).

Also, the Lair of the Shadow Broker has to be the best DLC I've ever played. What a phenomenal experience. The car scene was enjoyably NOT demanding and the SB's ship was a phenomenal piece of art. Loved installing Liara as the new SB also, that's definitely going to come in handy.

I keep hearing how much better ME3 is than its predecessors, I find that stunning given just how much I'm loving ME2 right now.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby Marius » 12 Mar 12, 12:48 pm

I'm really happy with my 'flawed' Shepard. I think people are more pissed about ME3 because they try to be flawless and the story doesn't work that way. Things that you thought were good will turn out to be bad, and that's great.

My Femshep is part paragon, part renegade, and I love her. She has lots of faults but gets things done in the end.
Marius

Needs more Cleric

Unread postby DarkMellie » 12 Mar 12, 12:56 pm

I'm not very good at playing an ambiguous character (outside of the Witcher). I'm too well-trained to hammer Paragon or Renegade to get the best outcomes. I'm very interested to see how ME3 can change this playstyle.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby exe3 » 12 Mar 12, 1:03 pm

The thing I don't like about 'moral choices' in games like Mass Effect is that it's not really built up to give you a mix. I mean you're Paragon to one person and then Renegade to another, it just comes across as weird to me, the character just doesn't seem consistent. Plus you always get the most benefit from going one or the other and just completely miss out on things (like paragon/renegade dialogue options) if you try to do a mix.

DarkMellie wrote:I accidentally selected Anderson as the Councillor (I mean, I'd already put Udina in power at the end of ME1, why give me that option to redo again)

It was because ME1 stopped saving the game after the credits so the choice between Anderson and Udina wasn't recorded by the save file.

exe3

Forum Bot

Unread postby Wyld » 12 Mar 12, 2:29 pm

DarkMellie wrote:I'm not very good at playing an ambiguous character (outside of the Witcher). I'm too well-trained to hammer Paragon or Renegade to get the best outcomes. I'm very interested to see how ME3 can change this playstyle.

I was going PARAGON all through ME3, but there were moments when that Renegade mouse click option came up and I went "****" ..

Good luck.
Mostly Minecraft via http://www.twitch.tv/wyldstein/ Wooh!

Wyld

Known to wear a cool hat

Unread postby Nightstaar » 12 Mar 12, 2:58 pm

Just started playing through ME1 yesterday. I should really stop reading this thread until I've finished :P
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby DarkMellie » 12 Mar 12, 3:04 pm

Colsey wrote:Just started playing through ME1 yesterday. I should really stop reading this thread until I've finished :P

There are so many awesome things about ME1 that haven't even been mentioned.

Definitely play it, then ME2 again then ME3. Finest space-opera ever made next to the modern day Battlestar Galactica and Babylon 5.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby Nightstaar » 12 Mar 12, 3:49 pm

Yeah I'm definitely sucked in already. Not sure why I shunned the series for so long! :>
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby DarkMellie » 13 Mar 12, 1:02 am

I FORGOT ALL ABOUT JOKER'S NORMANDY MISSION!

Love it, great character and great interplay between him and EDI.
ImageImage
DarkMellie

Unread postby Drakand » 13 Mar 12, 12:27 pm

Colsey wrote:Yeah I'm definitely sucked in already. Not sure why I shunned the series for so long! :>

I'm about 5hrs in and have just left the citadel.
Drakand

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby FryzieDelta » 13 Mar 12, 4:02 pm

Finished ME1 again on Sunday and am back into ME2 aiming to create the most heroic Shepard I can (not necissarily fully paragon, but certainly leaning heavily that way) before ME3 arrives (which is either taking it's sweet time to get here, or someone hasn't checked the mail for me).

DarkMellie wrote:some Quarian gave me a message from the Rachni on Ilos

Wasn't that an Asari?
FryzieDelta

1337 p0st3r

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat