Matty wrote:I'm in!
So, will this league require S2?
Some longer races would be nice too.
v4moose wrote:yep I'm keen
i'll also jot down some preliminary thoughts
- timing wise, i think something fortnightly might be the way to go, if we are advertising a 'season long' event, if it was monthly I think we would find some new participants would stick around for the first round or 2 but then lose interest and bail. I keeps things fresh to change it up every couple of weeks so hopefully the playing field would also be a bit more level
- I think it would be fun to do two heats of each race for the night. It ensures that if anyone is unlucky enough to crash out early on in the race they can have another shot in heat two.
- I was thinking that if heat 1 was a short sprint (5 laps) randomised grid, then heat 2 could be a longer 15 lap race. The grid for the second race would be a reverse of the finishing positions for heat 1. Hopefully this would even up the racing so the faster guys have to get though the pack but have a reasonable amount of time to do it in. It also means that the guys who crashed out in race 1 have a better chance of doing well in heat 2 since they are up the front and away from any potential lap 1 chaos.
- not sure if its feasable, but it would be great to have a news story on the GON front page before the league kicks off to find some new drivers. Paging Cas Bitton?
- S2 - definitely, i think we've exhausted demo content with the GONlympics. We'll need S2 to run larger grids too if theres enough racers.
- happy to help out with any organisation/logistics. Also Lucas, i volunteer for co-commentator duties if you're looking for anyone. Sounds like fun
Cut Throat wrote:I am very interested!
E-mail me @ email@example.com with what's decided i'm very forgetful in checking threads i post in .
lucassot wrote:@exe3 Let us know if / when you get it sorted
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest