RaceRoom Racing Experience Discussion

RaceRoom Racing Experience Discussion

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 22 Jan 13, 2:29 pm

With the teaser on Steam I'm surprised (or i've missed it entirely) that we didn't have a topic for this :D
http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/

I signed up yesterday for the closed beta, and today got in!
http://cbt.raceroomracing.com/beta-signup/

I'll just leave this here:

:lol: the video is incredibly bias, i'm not sure what sort of tin can recorded the pcars video but it's hilarious.
Follow us: Image Image Image
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Re: RaceRoom Racing Experience Discussion

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Jan 13, 2:40 pm

Funny you mention this Cas, I just download the teaser version on Steam yesterday and sent off a Closed Beta submission.

I haven't tried it with the wheel yet as I am in the middle of moving house, so will be the weekend before I do, but I like Simbin and the efforts they go to with their titles, and I imagine they can do well with this. Give me 5min and I will find you a great interview about it that I watched the other day, explains the whole "raceroom" concept much better
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Jan 13, 2:42 pm

Here we go, very detailed interview! (if you are not subscribed to InsideSimRacing on Youtube, or their website http://insidesimracing.tv/ then you are missing out on great sim stuff!)

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby DarkMellie » 22 Jan 13, 4:32 pm

That's a very novel concept... sending a Leprechaun to promo a game like that.

Interested in this a little more now, we really need a decent F2Pay racer after the horror of NFS World.
ImageImage
GoN TS Channel: Mellie's Random Games
Channel Password: gonmellie
DarkMellie

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 22 Jan 13, 4:36 pm

Sign up to the closed beta! You will probably get in :). Looks like they are handing out a heap of invites atm.
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Jan 13, 6:24 pm

Decided to plug in the wheel and do a few laps. All feels and looks very good, especially considering it mentions it is just using the "amateur driving model" in the teaser.

But the thing I love about SimBin titles is always the sound! Decide to grab the audio while I did a lap just now. When you strip back the visuals and just listen it is pretty impressive.

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby brat81 » 22 Jan 13, 6:41 pm

Signed up, thanks for the info
brat81

Story Teller

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 22 Jan 13, 8:52 pm

Holy hell this game runs well, just incredibly smooth. I'll have to hook my wheel up on the weekend as I've been looking for a solid Bathurst experience.

Did a test lap and this game just went way up on my radar, can't believe it's F2P. I can see my self spending a bit per track for the stuff I want :)

Edit:
Had a bit more of a think about this overnight, if the DLC goes on sale (everything is steam) for 50%+ off you will wind up with a pretty damn good game with all the content for a reasonable price. Once I can confirm that posting screenshots won't break the DNA (open beta soon/now) I will post a handful :)

2013 is pretty incredible for racers on pc, we are going to see some massive titles (probably) ship!
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 23 Jan 13, 6:45 am

Awwww yeah, open beta!
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby diamondd » 23 Jan 13, 1:07 pm

open beta? that is too good, haven't played the teaser yet but if I can trust people's comments so far this may just tide me over til assetto corsa!
Last edited by diamondd on 23 Jan 13, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diamondd

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Cas Bitton » 23 Jan 13, 1:09 pm

diamondd wrote:that is too good, haven't played the teaser yet but if I can trust people's comments so far this may just tide me over til assetto corsa!

Apply for the beta? Those who did yesterday probably have emails today on how it all works! :)

During the closed beta all transactions operated within a sandbox environment (pretend money) with steam workshop, so I purchased bathurst and a few others to play with ;)
Cas Bitton

Dos Capas

Unread postby diamondd » 23 Jan 13, 5:02 pm

been playing the teaser, not bad but how do I get the wheel to respond 1-1 with mine?

I put the steering sensitivity up to 100% which helped, but its way off where I want it

EDIT: appears the teaser is some sort of easy mode setup? meh I dunno, I do like the potential here though. Is way more enjoyable and runs a lot better than pCARS at the moment at least.
diamondd

Unread postby VitalBlurs » 23 Jan 13, 6:47 pm

Wicked.....I just finished buidling my new PC so the timing is perfect :D
VitalBlurs

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Mearehear » 23 Jan 13, 6:54 pm

diamondd wrote:been playing the teaser, not bad but how do I get the wheel to respond 1-1 with mine?

I put the steering sensitivity up to 100% which helped, but its way off where I want it

EDIT: appears the teaser is some sort of easy mode setup? meh I dunno, I do like the potential here though. Is way more enjoyable and runs a lot better than pCARS at the moment at least.

Is typical SimBin title in that way, you need to set somewhere between 360 - 540 in your wheel drivers (whatever you feel best with) then adjust the sensitivity to your "match". I did see an option in there somewhere to adjust wheel turn amount (in the teaser) but the number it uses isn't in degrees. Its always been one of the downsides to Simbin titles, but once you set you degrees in your wheels profiler (I tend to use 450 for simbin titles) you will start to match it up. I'm current busy painting and unpacking, or I would dive into it for a better look to explain it.

EDIT - Yes the Teaser is just using the Amateur driving model
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby diamondd » 24 Jan 13, 12:02 am

Mearehear wrote:
diamondd wrote:been playing the teaser, not bad but how do I get the wheel to respond 1-1 with mine?

Is typical SimBin title in that way, you need to set somewhere between 360 - 540 in your wheel drivers (whatever you feel best with) then adjust the sensitivity to your "match". I did see an option in there somewhere to adjust wheel turn amount (in the teaser) but the number it uses isn't in degrees. Its always been one of the downsides to Simbin titles, but once you set you degrees in your wheels profiler (I tend to use 450 for simbin titles) you will start to match it up. I'm current busy painting and unpacking, or I would dive into it for a better look to explain it.

EDIT - Yes the Teaser is just using the Amateur driving model

ahh yeah, I remember having to do that for the LFS demo or something, thanks.

why can't devs copy the way netkar does it...

EDIT: hmm, still doesn't seem to have improved it at all
diamondd

Next

Return to PC Gaming Chat