Assetto Corsa (by Kunos Simulazioni )

Assetto Corsa (by Kunos Simulazioni )

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Apr 12, 4:18 pm

Assetto Corsa http://www.assettocorsa.net

This upcoming sim has me more excited than the others, as its from the maker of netKar PRO (Kunos Simulazioni).

"Assetto Corsa is a new PC-based racing game for Windows, expected to be released in 2012. Assetto Corsa is being designed to provide a very realistic driving experience, with single player and multiplayer options, officially licensed cars and tracks developed using Laser scan technology, and the highest level of accuracy possible in reproducing real world motor racing environments.

Also, Assetto Corsa will allow for considerable customisation and modification, in order to satisfy the expectations of professional simracers, gamers who prefer to approach the driving experience more progressively, and hobbyists who just like to collect lots of cars and tracks"

Mearehear

Game Admin

Re: Assetto Corsa (by Kunos Simulazioni )

Unread postby Mearehear » 10 Apr 12, 6:26 pm

The more I look at this the more I think it could be an rFactor 2 killer.

netkar PRO has the best driving physics out there (IMO), then to take that experience and add it with a new DX11 GFX engine, with open mod-able structure, that's stepping right on rF territory.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 21 May 12, 2:02 am

This really is heading towards being an RF2 killer. netKar PRO (its younger brother) already has the best tyre simulation I have ever driven, this is lookign to take it all further!

It is still in development, all vids below are just a look of how its going so far. And I should add "Listen to them in the videos, they are all Italian, you know they will be at least passionate about it! :D"

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby diamondd » 21 May 12, 2:38 am

very cool!

I already feel like I'm the only **** that plays netKar but I love it, hopefully this will continue the awesome tradition and get some more players into the mix.
diamondd

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Mearehear » 21 May 12, 2:49 am

diamondd wrote:very cool!

I already feel like I'm the only **** that plays netKar but I love it, hopefully this will continue the awesome tradition and get some more players into the mix.

Oh I am a big fan of netKar. I have driven most racing sims, and for me nKPro has the best driving feel of them all, combined with true sim features like clickable cockpits and visual tyre wear.

Sadly it is the kind of sim that you need to be in a community for, if you ever want to race online with it, as it is dead otherwise and that was mainly due to a buggy past with netcode which is now greatly improved. I mainly drive it offline from time to time still.

Will be closely keeping an eye on Assetto Corsa.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 14 Dec 12, 6:28 am

Lovely new screenshots - http://www.assettocorsa.net/?page_id=2415

The interior looks very nice! Pagani, BMW, Lotus plus more all officially licensed, is coming together well.

Interesting look back on the dev timeline so far http://www.assettocorsa.net/timeline.html

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Racer_Boi » 8 Jan 13, 2:01 pm

Looking forward to this one myself too, the only nKPro based sim I've ever driven was Ferrari Virtual Academy but I too believe it's the most accurate driving engine out there, and if you haven't given FVA a go, check it out, really really good.
Racer_Boi

Padawan

Unread postby diamondd » 8 Jan 13, 2:32 pm

Mearehear wrote:Lovely new screenshots - http://www.assettocorsa.net/?page_id=2415

The interior looks very nice! Pagani, BMW, Lotus plus more all officially licensed, is coming together well.

Interesting look back on the dev timeline so far http://www.assettocorsa.net/timeline.html

diamondd

Unread postby Mearehear » 8 Jan 13, 2:34 pm

Racer_Boi wrote:Looking forward to this one myself too, the only nKPro based sim I've ever driven was Ferrari Virtual Academy but I too believe it's the most accurate driving engine out there, and if you haven't given FVA a go, check it out, really really good.

Should be able to grab nkpro demo off the files section here, is only around 400mb. Will give you a chance to try out the Formula Ford style car in the demo, is fun trying to keep that thing pointing where you want it. :)

@DD oh yes!
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 23 Jan 13, 12:52 am

Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby diamondd » 23 Jan 13, 1:58 am

might have to do a cartman and freeze myself
diamondd

Unread postby Mearehear » 23 Jan 13, 11:43 pm

Ha! Yes it is a bit like that :) I think getting the Ferrari license has probably made them hold back the demo release dates, as now they really have some awesome things to release. Is all looking pretty sweet :)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 8 Feb 13, 7:19 am

I am warning you all now, this game is going to punch well above its weight ;)
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 8 Feb 13, 6:58 pm

http://mystuffon.wordpress.com/2013/02/ ... via-skype/

This kind of support from a small dev team is really impressive to offer!
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Mearehear » 12 Feb 13, 7:35 am

Can you say G P L ?

Mearehear

Game Admin

Next

Return to PC Gaming Chat