Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Relax, kick those feet up. Enjoy a few laughs and take it easy.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Unread postby Matty » 22 Jan 13, 8:27 am

Give me an OEM copy of windows, not excuses dammit.
Homercles care not for beans.
Matty

Forum Bot

Unread postby kittycatArcane » 22 Jan 13, 9:06 am

Went to look for good Hobbit/LotR fanart to add to my ever-growing collection. Got on DeviantArt. Searched "the Hobbit". Start turning up weird pictures within the first THREE PAGES of the search. -Really-!? D: Even Middle-Earth isn't safe from strange fandom it seems.

EDIT: Persevered for 20 more minutes and tried to ignore the weird pictures. I can't. I just can't. Somebody give me the brain bleach.
Last edited by kittycatArcane on 22 Jan 13, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Edon Characters
"Tomorrow will take us away, far from home,
No-one will ever know our names..." --Blind Guardian
kittycatArcane

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Jan 13, 9:17 am

kittycatArcane wrote:Went to look for good Hobbit/LotR fanart to add to my ever-growing collection. Got on DeviantArt. Searched "the Hobbit". Start turning up weird pictures within the first THREE PAGES of the search. -Really-!? D: Even Middle-Earth isn't safe from strange fandom it seems.

Rule 34 I suppose.. I bought a copy of the Hobbit, I really need to read it at some point.
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Jan 13, 9:21 am

I had a 50th anniversary paperback edition of the Hobbit that came out when I was in primary school. For some reason I never read it straight away and left it until i was around 13/14, then loved it!
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Trixxter » 22 Jan 13, 9:25 am

Awfully tempted to try Windows 8 out, but from its feedback game-wise, I'd rather not. Especially whilst using this graphics card still.
Trixxter

Padawan

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Jan 13, 9:31 am

Using Win8 here, have over 50 games installed (some old, some new) and not one problem with running them under it (64bit install). Don't listen too much to all the hate talk, the only "bad" side to Win 8 that I have found is Metro, but 5mins effort will do away with that so that you never need see or use it.
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Jan 13, 9:36 am

I really don't like change, going from using Windows 7 to using Windows 8 felt like I was swapping over to Mac OS or something.. it just felt completely alien and I didn't like the way it looked and felt, so I went back to Windows 7 :D
Disco LT

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 22 Jan 13, 9:38 am

To answer your question Chucky, she **** me. I'll just leave it at that.

And you're not on my foe list, just her and Palzer0 (currently). I removed a bunch of people from mine as part of a "meh, lets see how they go" policy. You were on that list, and you're doing ok now. Maybe it's because you're a ginger, my mum and brother are gingers and I always have to give them second chances (because, you know, they're going to hell for having no soul).
People often say "Dodger, are you this weird in the real world?"

I can unicycle while playing ukulele.

You be the judge.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Jan 13, 9:46 am

$5 and 5 minutes and it would be all fixed Disco (there are free ways, but Start8 is just nice) ;) Given that Win 8 only cost me $58 and I was previously on Win XP, the $5 for Stardocks Start8 was 100% worth it, and Windows 8 now runs like a proper normal windows system (and does so fast and smoothly)

Sidenote..Have I made it to a Foes list yet? Surely I must have, I'm generally a dick :lol:
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby Chucky » 22 Jan 13, 9:53 am

Artful-dodgeR wrote:Maybe it's because you're a ginger

My Av may be Ginger, but I'm not :P From what little hair I have left, (Darkish) Brown would be the colour.
Chucky

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Jan 13, 9:54 am

Artful-dodgeR wrote:To answer your question Chucky, she **** me. I'll just leave it at that.

I thought she was a he for some reason.. well there you go!

Mearehear wrote:$5 and 5 minutes and it would be all fixed Disco (there are free ways, but Start8 is just nice) ;) Given that Win 8 only cost me $58 and I was previously on Win XP, the $5 for Stardocks Start8 was 100% worth it, and Windows 8 now runs like a proper normal windows system (and does so fast and smoothly)

Sidenote..Have I made it to a Foes list yet? Surely I must have, I'm generally a dick :lol:

I'll have to have a chat to you about that, it looks quite nice actually - and it looks a LOT like Windows 7 which I like.. maybe Windows 8 isn't as bad as my first experience led me to believe.
Disco LT

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Jan 13, 9:57 am

Do so mate, I am in and out the door at the moment with stuff so havent logged into Steam or anything, but I will be about later in the day :) ( Win 8 really isnt the demon people make it out to be, if you give it a gentle push in the right direction )
Mearehear

Game Admin

Unread postby MuscularTeeth » 22 Jan 13, 9:58 am

i got win 8 for my laptop which had vista. (my desktop im happy to stick with 7)

i cant find a fault with it yet. seems to be fine, and damn cheap!
MUSCULARTEETH - Many things, mostly to do with Art.
MuscularTeeth

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby steve_rogers42 » 22 Jan 13, 10:04 am

applying fo jerbs...

sigh.

If i didnt have a jeep to disassemble i'd be going mad. That and a whole host of unfinished games, the washing up and the washing and the fact that i cant afford to have the wires put in for net is frustrating. Having no money leads to you relying more on the whims of others than purely being able to do something because you can.... or so it feels.

Its great to be able to work on your own stuff for a change, but i miss the daily grind. and the pay check.

also where is tobes? and also how come in the cyberpunk 2077 thread no one mentioned the beautiful girl in to monster line of inquiry... man that thread went to hell in a hand basket. the ladies took a risk there.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
steve_rogers42

Tech Moderator

Unread postby Mearehear » 22 Jan 13, 10:10 am

steve_rogers42 wrote:
Hidden: show
applying fo jerbs...

sigh.

If i didnt have a jeep to disassemble i'd be going mad. That and a whole host of unfinished games, the washing up and the washing and the fact that i cant afford to have the wires put in for net is frustrating. Having no money leads to you relying more on the whims of others than purely being able to do something because you can.... or so it feels.

Its great to be able to work on your own stuff for a change, but i miss the daily grind. and the pay check.

also where is tobes? and also how come in the cyberpunk 2077 thread no one mentioned the beautiful girl in to monster line of inquiry... man that thread went to hell in a hand basket. the ladies took a risk there.

You need to go manage a farm or something to fill in time ;) Good luck with the jerbs!
Mearehear

Game Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler