Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Relax, kick those feet up. Enjoy a few laughs and take it easy.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Unread postby kittycatArcane » 22 Jan 13, 5:10 am

UUURRRGH. Friend of mine gifted me an album (MP3 download) on Amazon. However, I can't claim it for a single reason: I can't fill in the credit/debit card section. I AM 16. I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD. JUST LET ME CLAIM MY [bleep] /GIFT/, AMAZON.
My Edon Characters
"Tomorrow will take us away, far from home,
No-one will ever know our names..." --Blind Guardian
kittycatArcane

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby MuscularTeeth » 22 Jan 13, 6:00 am

yaaawn.
opened the factory at 5 this morning. already feels like a full day and its 7am lol.
MUSCULARTEETH - Many things, mostly to do with Art.
MuscularTeeth

Jedi Upstart

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Jan 13, 6:54 am

kittycatArcane wrote:UUURRRGH. Friend of mine gifted me an album (MP3 download) on Amazon. However, I can't claim it for a single reason: I can't fill in the credit/debit card section. I AM 16. I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD. JUST LET ME CLAIM MY [bleep] /GIFT/, AMAZON.

If they're not deduecting any funds, couldn't you just enter fake details? Might work, don't know.
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 22 Jan 13, 7:18 am

You don't have a debit card at 16? Poor form. Plus stop quoting people I have on ignore Disco :P
wow
so signatur
such post
BBCode ON
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Jan 13, 7:20 am

Artful-dodgeR wrote:You don't have a debit card at 16? Poor form. Plus stop quoting people I have on ignore Disco :P

Actually thats a point - aren't nearly all eftpos cards by major banks now debit cards with that paypass/paywave ****?

And sorry :P I'll try to avoid it in the future :lol: Hows the hand?
Disco LT

Unread postby kittycatArcane » 22 Jan 13, 7:23 am

Disco LT wrote:
kittycatArcane wrote:UUURRRGH. Friend of mine gifted me an album (MP3 download) on Amazon. However, I can't claim it for a single reason: I can't fill in the credit/debit card section. I AM 16. I DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD. JUST LET ME CLAIM MY [bleep] /GIFT/, AMAZON.

If they're not deduecting any funds, couldn't you just enter fake details? Might work, don't know.

Maybe, not sure.

Artful-dodgeR wrote:You don't have a debit card at 16? Poor form. Plus stop quoting people I have on ignore Disco :P

I didn't know that was the norm. O_o
My Edon Characters
kittycatArcane

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Chucky » 22 Jan 13, 7:26 am

kittycatArcane wrote:

I didn't know that was the norm. O_o

I better quote you kitty so Artful can see.... :P although why you made his block list does sound interesting :o Then again, I was probably the first on the list :oops:
Chucky

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Jan 13, 7:27 am

kittycatArcane wrote:I didn't know that was the norm. O_o

I'm just surprised your bank doesn't give you a debit card by default? Who do you bank with?

Chucky wrote:I better quote you kitty so Artful can see.... :P although why you made his block list does sound interesting :o

I'll do it :lol:

I've got a few people on my foe list, and I'm sure I'm on a few. My issue is that whenever I see "foe list has commented.." I feel the urge to click to read their latest stupidy :lol:
Disco LT

Unread postby Chucky » 22 Jan 13, 7:31 am

Disco LT wrote:My issue is that whenever I see "foe list has commented.." I feel the urge to click to read their latest stupidy :lol:

I was exactly the same prior to becoming a Mod, as a Mod am I not supposed to Foe anyone as the post of that foe may require some Intervention >_>
Chucky

Unread postby revengous » 22 Jan 13, 7:43 am

I love everyone. There should be no reason as to why I am on any foe list
revengous

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby kittycatArcane » 22 Jan 13, 7:49 am

Disco LT wrote:
kittycatArcane wrote:I didn't know that was the norm. O_o

I'm just surprised your bank doesn't give you a debit card by default? Who do you bank with?

Ehmm... nobody, as of yet. I'm not actually making money right now, therefore no bank account yet. (Unless the occasional Christmas/birthday money in cards from relatives counts :P)

And before someone starts lecturing me on getting a job, they're hard to find here, and there's even fewer that will hire anyone under the age of 17 or 18 AND are within reasonable walking distance of where I live, so I just stay home and do the housework. (I won't be able to drive for a little while yet either, since I need glasses first - I can't read the road signs very well.)

Chucky wrote:I better quote you kitty so Artful can see.... :P although why you made his block list does sound interesting :o Then again, I was probably the first on the list :oops:

Curious about that too 0_o Oh well.
My Edon Characters
kittycatArcane

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Jan 13, 7:54 am

Chucky wrote:
Disco LT wrote:My issue is that whenever I see "foe list has commented.." I feel the urge to click to read their latest stupidy :lol:

I was exactly the same prior to becoming a Mod, as a Mod am I not supposed to Foe anyone as the post of that foe may require some Intervention >_>

Haha well the chances of me becoming a mod are about as high as my chances of becoming the next Queen of England, I would find tha thighly irritating. It makes sense though.

Did Day 1 Week 1 of the C25K program yesterday - I was halfway through it once before at the gym and I've got to say running on a treadmill is deceptively easy compared to road running, which I did yesterday and it felt weird wearing a heart rate monitor :lol:

kittycatArcane (because I cbf quoting after I typred this): really? no bank account? I got my first bank account when I was in primary school >.< Not that I ever had much money, but I had one. Go to CBA or St George or something and sign up for one, it's free and then you'll get a debit card :)

Also don't sweat why he has you on his foe list.. no point worrying about it haha :P
Disco LT

Unread postby Mythor » 22 Jan 13, 8:04 am

Post Offices have started carrying preloaded Visa cards, at least near me. Not sure what the minimum amount is on one, but that might be an option?
Otherwise, try contacting Amazon Support, they might be able to help you out. :)
"Me ate truck once." - Cookie Monster
Mythor

TF2 Admin

Unread postby kittycatArcane » 22 Jan 13, 8:13 am

Mythor wrote:

Post Offices have started carrying preloaded Visa cards, at least near me. Not sure what the minimum amount is on one, but that might be an option?
Otherwise, try contacting Amazon Support, they might be able to help you out. :)

Hmm. I'll look into that and give it a shot. Thank you! :D
My Edon Characters
kittycatArcane

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Disco LT » 22 Jan 13, 8:21 am

Mythor wrote:Post Offices have started carrying preloaded Visa cards, at least near me. Not sure what the minimum amount is on one, but that might be an option?

I haven't used any of the prepaid cards but I've heard from some people that they aren't accepted everywhere? I don't know how true that is.
Disco LT

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler