Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Relax, kick those feet up. Enjoy a few laughs and take it easy.

Re: Fleeting/Random/Thoughts

Unread postby Disco LT » 28 Mar 12, 1:32 pm

I loved SG1 upto about Season 8? SGA is great, but Universe was a complete flop in my opinion :/ didn't like it at all.
Disco LT

Offline? What's 'offline'?

Unread postby Drakand » 28 Mar 12, 1:38 pm

I really like Ben Browder so didn't mind him stepping into SG1 but the show didn't have the same feel to it.
Atlantis was good, i really enjoyed it and loved the choices they made in developing some previously unlikeable characters :)

Universe initially threw me off but I find that I really enjoy the character drama of the show and the angles they follow. Plus anything that has Robert Carlyle is alright by me (hence enjoying Once upon a time). I've enjoyed his work from Hamish Macbeth onwards :)
Drakand

Forgotten What The Sky Looks Like

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 28 Mar 12, 1:39 pm

KLATERSBRA:D
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Disco LT » 28 Mar 12, 1:48 pm

Drakand wrote:I really like Ben Browder so didn't mind him stepping into SG1 but the show didn't have the same feel to it.
Atlantis was good, i really enjoyed it and loved the choices they made in developing some previously unlikeable characters :)

Universe initially threw me off but I find that I really enjoy the character drama of the show and the angles they follow. Plus anything that has Robert Carlyle is alright by me (hence enjoying Once upon a time). I've enjoyed his work from Hamish Macbeth onwards :)

SGA was great, right up until the end .. except the ending was horrid and felt rushed. It's like they decided at the last minute to cancel the show and wrap it up.

Yeah SGU had some great moments.. but it just wasn't Stargate.
Disco LT

Unread postby Dean » 28 Mar 12, 7:23 pm

Just found an unopened bottle of Dewars, that i've had since 2004 8)
Dean

Story Teller

Unread postby Nightstaar » 28 Mar 12, 7:33 pm

Disco LT wrote:
Drakand wrote:I really like Ben Browder so didn't mind him stepping into SG1 but the show didn't have the same feel to it.

SGA was great, right up until the end .. except the ending was horrid and felt rushed. It's like they decided at the last minute to cancel the show and wrap it up.

Yeah SGU had some great moments.. but it just wasn't Stargate.

They were doing a movie to 'finish' Atlantis, however that died when they canned all of Stargate...
Nightstaar

Story Teller

Unread postby Matty » 28 Mar 12, 7:38 pm

=beast= wrote:i work mostly with maya

I started to learn Maya as a hobby as you can get the programs for free as a student, but I sucked. I've still yet to find someone to teach me how to use it properly. I may now bombard you with questions :P
Homercles care not for beans.
Matty

Forum Bot

Unread postby Bek » 28 Mar 12, 7:41 pm

Funny how learning 3d stuff / messing around with personal projects is suddenly MUCH more appealing when you've got uni work to do... D:
What can change the nature of a man?
Bek

Unread postby =beast= » 28 Mar 12, 8:19 pm

Matty wrote:
=beast= wrote:i work mostly with maya

I started to learn Maya as a hobby as you can get the programs for free as a student, but I sucked. I've still yet to find someone to teach me how to use it properly. I may now bombard you with questions :P

haha i hope i can answer them. biggest issue with programs like maya is its very difficult to just click around and learn things. my recomendation is to watch heaps of tutorials, and dont watch the beginner stuff, watch intermediate to advanced. they might be harder but they actaully give you a better understanding of what you CAN do

and also. OMG Ben Browder is gonna be at ComicCon adelaide....is that what everyone was discussing earlier?
makin new sig. brb
=beast=

1337 p0st3r

Unread postby Disco LT » 28 Mar 12, 8:21 pm

As a former cigarette smoker (40+ a day) who quit cold turkey January 2011 I've found myself looking forward to and enjoying the odd cigar, never in bulk since they're too damned expensive anyway but I really enjoy those afternoons where I can sneak an hour in the garden and enjoy a quiet smoke (this happens maybe once a month).

Due to the cost of Cigars though, I'm looking at another options. I considered buying online and importing Cigars from O/S, which is very cheap however if Customs nabs them, they'll send you a bill along the lines of $450 per kg for the tax, which blows a $110 box of imported cigars up to almost standard Australian retail :/

Instead I'm looking at other options, I might even try a pipe .. at least it will be cheaper! Any pipe smokers out there on the GON community? er.. any tobacco pipe smokers? Haha.
Disco LT

Unread postby Dean » 28 Mar 12, 9:07 pm

Disco LT wrote:As a former cigarette smoker (40+ a day) who quit cold turkey January 2011 I've found myself looking forward to and enjoying the odd cigar, never in bulk since they're too damned expensive anyway but I really enjoy those afternoons where I can sneak an hour in the garden and enjoy a quiet smoke (this happens maybe once a month).

Due to the cost of Cigars though, I'm looking at another options. I considered buying online and importing Cigars from O/S, which is very cheap however if Customs nabs them, they'll send you a bill along the lines of $450 per kg for the tax, which blows a $110 box of imported cigars up to almost standard Australian retail :/

Instead I'm looking at other options, I might even try a pipe .. at least it will be cheaper! Any pipe smokers out there on the GON community? er.. any tobacco pipe smokers? Haha.

erm,

I either get a friend to buy them duty free, or i buy them myself. Romeo and Julietta ftw!
Dean

Story Teller

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 28 Mar 12, 11:25 pm

Conan, a saving grace at midnight.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby Ralph Wiggum » 28 Mar 12, 11:51 pm

What's the difference between Ben cousins and the new iPad? Ben cousins can get 4g
Ralph Wiggum

Unread postby Artful-dodgeR » 29 Mar 12, 5:16 am

2 days. No sleep. This labour feels like its taking forever. Poor chooken is buggered mentally and physically.
Artful-dodgeR

Never goes to sleep

Unread postby cyclobs » 29 Mar 12, 7:37 am

Ralph Wiggum wrote:What's the difference between Ben cousins and the new iPad? Ben cousins can get 4g

:lol: i loled
cyclobs

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler